Sproles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I know the Saints are far ahead of the Rams, but watching how they use Sproles I can only wish Schotty is taking some notes.

He has returned kick offs
returned punts
taken handoffs
lined up wide
received screen passes

It really is unreal how they use him. Please Schotty, think of Tavon when you watch the Saints tape. I am dying to see Tavon used like this.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Putting to much pressure on a rookie is not a good idea especially coming from West Virginia and especially at the WR position

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
TexRamFan said:
I know the Saints are far ahead of the Rams, but watching how they use Sproles I can only wish Schotty is taking some notes.

He has returned kick offs
returned punts
taken handoffs
lined up wide
received screen passes

It really is unreal how they use him. Please Schotty, think of Tavon when you watch the Saints tape. I am dying to see Tavon used like this.

"Sh*tty" is home trying to finish his coloring, oops I mean playbook for this Sunday.

TexRamFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BuiltRamTough said:
Putting to much pressure on a rookie is not a good idea especially coming from West Virginia and especially at the WR position

Im not asking for them to put a ton of pressure on him. Only to use him in more creative ways. I don't expect him to do what Sproles does. But I would simply love to see them use some creativity to get him the ball more. Especially in open space like they do with Sproles.

A55VA6

Legend
As a rookie I wouldn't do too much with him. But when he becomes more comfortable with the offense and things like that, I'd put him out on the field whenever, wherever.

TexasRam

Legend
Marty Jr. wants to use Tavon like Sproles and he is trying. He just doesn't understand how to draw up the plays to get him isolated one on one. That is what it's all about. Shaun Peyton is the antithesis of Schitty.

Peyton is worth every penny he is paid.

Imagine how much the offense would open up if Austin was as unstoppable as Sproles out in the flats.

Do you think the Dline and Linebackers would be attacking the backfield like they have been?

TexRamFan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TexasRam said:
Marty Jr. wants to use Tavon like Sproles and he is trying. He just doesn't understand how to draw up the plays to get him isolated one on one. That is what it's all about. Shaun Peyton is the antithesis of Schitty.

Imagine how much the offense would open up if Austin was as unstoppable as Sproles out in the flats.

Do you think the Dline and Linebackers would be attacking the backfield like they have been?

That is what I would LOVE to see.

Yet all of the emphasis is going to running the ball.

At the time I write this N.O is up 28-10 and they have 18 yds rushing...total.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
TexasRam said:

It's usually just a 4 man rush that has been getting to Sam, but it would be a nice safety valve.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
BuiltRamTough said:
Putting to much pressure on a rookie is not a good idea especially coming from West Virginia

Not sure what this has to do
with anything.
I do agree with not putting to much pressure on a rookie wide receiver however

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Spread the ball around, use both TEs early and often and then Tavon will have something to work with.

WvuIN02

Starter
The Saints have an OL that is 10x better than the Rams, and Jimmy Graham unlike Cook is a great run blocker. Thats where JC needs to step up his game. The true greats are good blockers. You saw it with Tony G, Heath Miller, Witten and so forth.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wanted Sproles here badly a few years ago when he was a FA.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Rabid Ram said:
BuiltRamTough said:
Putting to much pressure on a rookie is not a good idea especially coming from West Virginia

Not sure what this has to do
with anything.
I do agree with not putting to much pressure on a rookie wide receiver however

I was wondering that myself. :huhidk: