Spoiler alert: Five teams ready to crash playoff picture

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ff-picture

3. St. Louis Rams (3-5): The Rams are learning how to play as one under Jeff Fisher. That's why we're seeing solid play one week followed by a disastrous performance (i.e. that overseas stinker against the New England Patriots). Their young defense is the reason I still buy into the Rams. The return of Sam Bradford's favorite target, Danny Amendola, is why the NFC's final wild card spot isn't impossible.

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Published: Nov. 8, 2012 at 03:38 p.m.
Updated: Nov. 8, 2012 at 04:34 p.m.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Hmmm...

Im a homer, I'll admit it, however I just dont think we are a playoff caliber team right now. We are a lot better than we have been, but I still see a substantial gap between us and the "elite" teams. If we squeak into the playoffs in that 6th spot, I dont think we make much of a run.

If things change, I'll change my mind. Thats just how I see it as of right now.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Hmmm...

Im a homer, I'll admit it, however I just dont think we are a playoff caliber team right now. We are a lot better than we have been, but I still see a substantial gap between us and the "elite" teams. If we squeak into the playoffs in that 6th spot, I dont think we make much of a run.

If things change, I'll change my mind. Thats just how I see it as of right now.
I have to say I agree with you, which is why I find Sessler's predictions so bewildering. I mean, since when does the national sportsmedia ever go out of their way to give the Rams props, let alone predict a playoff spot when it looks like a long shot?

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I just hope we can keep that 'Any Given Sunday' hope this season.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
iBruce said:
I just hope we can keep that 'Any Given Sunday' hope this season.

You'll know Sunday. The Ram's performance this week will go along way in telling us fans what kind of team we actually have in horns. During this past decade, after a beat down like last games would snowball downwards for most of the remaining season. I think this week will serve notice that this team is indeed a refreshing departure from the recent past. Homernomics prevails! Rams taking it to the Niners this week!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I always hope for the best (obviously), but I honestly lost a lot of hope after that beatdown in London. I would be surprised if the Rams win more than 2 more games this year. This team really needs to learn HOW to be a winner. The stench of the last 5 years won't come off easy. Need to scrub it off with some quality wins over some tough opponents....on the road. A win this week would go a looong way with regards to "getting the funk out".....I just don't see it happenin. Hope I am wrong!!