Spikes, Talib say Patriots file false injury reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/spikes-talib-say-patriots-file-false-injury-reports/
Spikes, Talib say Patriots file false injury reports
Two former Patriots say the team put false information about them on official injury reports.

Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate. Spikes ended last season on injured reserve with a knee injury, and there were reports that Patriots coach Bill Belichick actually put Spikes on IR because Spikes had shown up late to practice. Spikes seemed to confirm that in an interview on WGR in Buffalo.

“I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said, via ESPN.com. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with Talib and his hip.”

Talib was on injury reports last season with hip injuries, but after signing with the Broncos he said he never had a hip injury.

“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” Talib said. “The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things.”

That’s not how the NFL wants teams to do things. The league office may look into the possibility that the Patriots are playing fast and loose with injury reports.
The Cheatriots lying and cheating? Who'd a thunk it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
According to GODell... "There is no evidence of false injury reports in NE."

Case Closed.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
When you win, the world overlooks just about everything.

Belichick can't help himself. He'd be a big success on Wall St.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
According to GODell... "There is no evidence of false injury reports in NE."

Case Closed.

Hard to prove but I have no doubt they're telling the truth. Kinda like the Giants dropping like to change personelle a couple years ago.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hard to prove but I have no doubt they're telling the truth. Kinda like the Giants dropping like to change personelle a couple years ago.

Oh yeah... I have no doubt that these guys are telling the truth.

B-Cheat is never going to change his stripes.

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rambitious1 outraged:
This is way beyond old. I'm sick of it.
When is this league going to hold this dishonest group accountable?
We need to hope for a huge polar vortex. It ain't gonna be easy to get hell to freeze over. :)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd STILL go for them over the shitchickens lol.

Not me, bro. The only thing that makes me me happier than a Seahawks loss is Brady taking a super hard sack and losing another big game. When that arse of a coach and crying Tom Brady are no long on that team, the Seahawks losing will take their spot.

Brady and Bill should not be in the Hall for what they pulled. Yeah, I'm still bitter and I don't think it's gonna change. That was 14 years ago and im still pissed off.

I can't say the same for any Squawks-Rams game... besides Taint's BS and we never payed him back. He kinda got it in the SB, though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am just wondering what is the advantage in filing false injury reports? Is it to save cap space by putting players on injured reserve? And if so what does that matter during the season?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When you win, the world overlooks just about everything.

Belichick can't help himself. He'd be a big success on Wall St.
And Goodell is the poster child of the modern day big business CEO,who is in bed with Wall Street.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not me, bro. The only thing that makes me me happier than a Seahawks loss is Brady taking a super hard sack and losing another big game. When that arse of a coach and crying Tom Brady are no long on that team, the Seahawks losing will take their spot.

Brady and Bill should not be in the Hall for what they pulled. Yeah, I'm still bitter and I don't think it's gonna change. That was 14 years ago and im still pissed off.

I can't say the same for any Squawks-Rams game... besides Taint's BS and we never payed him back. He kinda got it in the SB, though.

I get that, and believe me that scenario would be the ONLY time I would actually want NE to win. My thing is about respecting players, I can respect the majority of the players on NE. The shitchickens? Not so much.

That and the fact the shitchickens needed to use "Lynch Mob" over something like "Marshawn's Mayhem" or anything like that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bellicheat is arrogant. He plays by his own rules, and ain't nobody doing anything about it.

Why does the league have a commissioner, again?