SPIDER-MAN IS OFFICIALLY COMING TO MARVEL!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062..._studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

Marvel's Kevin Feige to Produce Next Installment of the Spider-Man Franchise with Amy Pascal
(Culver City, California, and Burbank, California February 09, 2015) – Sony Pictures Entertainment and Marvel Studios announced today that Sony is bringing Marvel into the amazing world of Spider-Man.

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.
Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

The new relationship follows a decade of speculation among fans about whether Spider-Man – who has always been an integral and important part of the larger Marvel Universe in the comic books – could become part of the Marvel Universe on the big screen. Spider-Man has more than 50 years of history in Marvel's world, and with this deal, fans will be able to experience Spider-Man taking his rightful place among other Super Heroes in the MCU.

Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company said: "Spider-Man is one of Marvel's great characters, beloved around the world. We're thrilled to work with Sony Pictures to bring the iconic web-slinger into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which opens up fantastic new opportunities for storytelling and franchise building."

"We always want to collaborate with the best and most successful filmmakers to grow our franchises and develop our characters. Marvel, Kevin Feige and Amy, who helped orchestrate this deal, are the perfect team to help produce the next chapter of Spider-Man," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment. "This is the right decision for the franchise, for our business, for Marvel, and for the fans."

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

"I am thrilled to team with my friends at Sony Pictures along with Amy Pascal to produce the next Spider-Man movie," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "Amy has been deeply involved in the realization on film of one of the world’s most beloved characters. Marvel's involvement will hopefully deliver the creative continuity and authenticity that fans demand from the MCU. I am equally excited for the opportunity to have Spider-Man appear in the MCU, something which both we at Marvel, and fans alike, have been looking forward to for years."

Spider-Man, embraced all over the world, is the most successful franchise in the history of Sony Pictures, with the five films having taken in more than $4 billion worldwide.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Good. I liked the first Amazing Spider-Man, but Amazing Spider-Man 2 sucked worse than Spider-Man 3 IMO.

Of course, nothing sucked worse than Man of Steel...

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Best news ever!! Spider-man has always been my favorite. Just hope we don't get yet another origin story.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Marvel's Spider-Man Will Be Much Younger
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-Spider-Man-Much-Younger-69708.html

Marvel Studios is giving Spider-Man a fresh start within the continuity of the incredibly successful Marvel Cinematic Universe, and that means it won't be long until a new actor is announced in the iconic role. While we have our guesses, at this point we don't know much about what direction both Marvel and Sony are looking in for the reboot, and who might be the names they are considering, but one thing does seem certain: they're looking to go young.

This new story has emerged from a piece in The Hollywood Reporter, which has word from inside sources that Marvel Studios is looking to have the Marvel Studios version of Spider-Man be "much younger" that the previous incarnation played by Andrew Garfield. The British Amazing Spider-Man star was 28 years old when he played Spider-Man for the first time and was 30-years-old in the sequel, and it seems that Marvel is looking for someone who can more appropriately play a teenage version of the webslinger.

In the wake of the deal between Marvel Studios and Sony, this is probably the best news that has emerged. While I actually very much enjoyed Andrew Garfield's performance in the Amazing Spider-Man movies, there is a great opportunity in going young with recasting that the two companies seem to be taking advantage of. One of the hallmarks of the Spider-Man character has long been the fact that he is the quintessential teenage superhero, dealing with things like homework and college applications while also taking to the streets and crime fighting at night. With adult heroes like Iron Man (played by a 49 year old actor), Thor (31 years old), Captain America (33 years old), and Hulk (47 years old) already populating the Marvel Cinematic Universe and serving as a contrast, there exists a chance to make Spider-Man's youth really mean something in comparison. It's worked in Marvel Comics for decades, and could be fantastic on the big screen.

Of course, the big problem that comes about when casting young actors is that the number of well-established candidates in Hollywood isn't exactly numerous. Kodi Smith-McPhee (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes), Asa Butterfield (Ender's Game) and Nick Robinson (The Kings of Summer) are still under 20 and could be interesting choices for the part. If Marvel and Sony are willing to try and get an older actor with a young face, they also might consider Freddie Highmore (Bates Motel), Craig Roberts (Submarine), Cameron Monaghan (The Giver), and Dylan O'Brien (The Maze Runner).

What qualities do you think Marvel and Sony should be looking for in the upcoming sequel, and who do you think should get the part? Tell us what you're thinking in the comments section below!

untitled_spider_man_69708.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Basically , the new Spider-man film will take Thor 3 spot , and everything after that gets pushed back six months

Marvel just changed the release dates for a bunch of its movies

http://www.businessinsider.com/marvel-movie-schedule-updated-2015-2

Marvel and Sony Pictures surprised fans Monday night when the two announced a partnership to bring Spider-Man to future Marvel movies.
Yes, get ready to see the webslinger mingle among the likes of Tony Stark and Captain America.
In addition, Spider-Man will be getting a new movie of his own July 28, 2017.
As a result, Marvel has had to shake up its future movie release schedule.
Back in October, Marvel announced its future schedule at a special fan event introducing new movies including "Black Panther," "Doctor Strange," and female superhero film "Captain Marvel."
The movies that have been affected include "Thor 3," "Black Panther," "Captain Marvel," and "Inhumans."
Here's Marvel's updated theatrical release schedule through 2019:

May 1, 2015: "The Avengers: Age of Ultron"
July 17, 2015: "Ant-Man"
May 6, 2016: "Captain America: Civil War"
Nov. 4, 2016: "Doctor Strange"
May 5, 2017: "Guardians of the Galaxy 2"
July 28, 2017: untitled new Spider-Man movie
Nov. 3, 2017: "Thor: Ragnarok"
July 6, 2018: "Black Panther"
Nov. 2 2018: "Captain Marvel"
July 12, 2019: "Inhumans"
May 4, 2018: "Avengers: Infinity War Part I"
May 3, 2019: "Avengers: Infinity War Part 2"

black_panther_69687.jpg

Athos

Legend
Good. I liked the first Amazing Spider-Man, but Amazing Spider-Man 2 sucked worse than Spider-Man 3 IMO.

No........nothing is worse than Emo-Spiderman.

But yea......Man of Steel was pure trash. I got bored/tired of that movie about a third of the way thru and kept wishing for it to end. Big mistake seeing it in theaters.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Hey, I liked Amazing Spidey 2. The final battle segment, Gwen's death, Rhino cameo, introducing us to Sinister 6, plus the humor. It was bright and colorful, yet dark at the same time.

But yeah, Man of Steel was bleh. I don't understand why comic book movies need to be all dark and gritty (except Batman) to reboot them. It's why I'm meh on the Fantastic Four reboot.

Athos

Legend
Pissed they aren't keeping Garfield though. Dude was the perfect Spidey. Seems dumb to recast him......again.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Good move by Sony to get Marvel into the game! Looking forward to Dr. Strange as he was a favorite when I read comics! Hope the XMEN get the same treatment as Spidey!