Spags looking at guy he drafted

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamseyF

Rookie
Name
Ramsey
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Report: Giants to meet with George Selvie

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 19, 2015, 11:51 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptm4mzu3zdmwndmyy2qwmtc3ogu5njeyzmyznzm1y2e1-e1426779552288.jpeg
AP
A Cowboys pass rusher is set to meet with an NFC East rival.

The Giants will host defensive end George Selvieon a free agent visit, Art Stapleton of the Bergen (N.J.) Record reported.

The 28-year-old Selvie has revitalized his career with Dallas over the last two seasons, notching 75 tackles and 10 sacks while starting 29-of-32 games. A sixth-year pro, Selvie (6-4, 270) certainly ranks as one of the better pass rushers still on the market.

In New York, Selvie would likely be at least a rotational player for New York, which could stand to add some depth at defensive end.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
"Hey, I know that guy!"
Sometimes I think that's all it takes for a coach to sign a free agent.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And if they can reproduce their late season production,IMO a Spags defense will make them very formidable

Add in that the offense was coming alive late too and the Giants could be dangerous in 2015.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Come on down Craig Dahl! The 49ers could pick up some premium picks if Spags and company come calling.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Add in that the offense was coming alive late too and the Giants could be dangerous in 2015.
That'
swhat I meant by late season "production" yua'll, just cuz he wasn't up ta snuff as a HC doen't mean he wasn't a good enough DC to get a try at HC, that puts him a second tier of coaching but well above average among those

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That'
swhat I meant by late season "production" yua'll, just cuz he wasn't up ta snuff as a HC doen't mean he wasn't a good enough DC to get a try at HC, that puts him a second tier of coaching but well above average among those

Agreed, but he did get fired as DC of the Saints, however, I concur most likely one of the better DC's and when the Rams hired him, he was on everybody's short list. Problem is as a first time Head Coach you need to surround yourself with experience like Mike Zimmer in Minnesota, but Spags had none of that in St. Louis.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Problem is as a first time Head Coach you need to surround yourself with experience like Mike Zimmer in Minnesota, but Spags had none of that in St. Louis.
I think Zimmer was a good hire for the Vikings, I don't think it will be long before they're contenders.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Zimmer was a good hire for the Vikings, I don't think it will be long before they're contenders.

I think they will be contenders this year. They got lucky with Norv Turner with the Browns letting him go.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Agreed, but he did get fired as DC of the Saints, however, I concur most likely one of the better DC's and when the Rams hired him, he was on everybody's short list. Problem is as a first time Head Coach you need to surround yourself with experience like Mike Zimmer in Minnesota, but Spags had none of that in St. Louis.
And as I've stated before Spags and Linny got a budget for assistants that fit the whole staff in at more or less what they would have paid Martz if he had been producing 10 wins every year, as much as anything some of the HC firings the yr Martz was fired were salary dumps, as far as Nawlins goes yeah after the heart of that defense was ripped out and every player was playing skeered he'd be the next one fingered for a common place practice I still maintain was endemic.
I was at the front of the mob wanting Spags fired carrying two torches, but IMO one of the greatest differences now v then is owners

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And as I've stated before Spags and Linny got a budget for assistants that fit the whole staff in at more or less what they would have paid Martz if he had been producing 10 wins every year, as much as anything some of the HC firings the yr Martz was fired were salary dumps, as far as Nawlins goes yeah after the heart of that defense was ripped out and every player was playing skeered he'd be the next one fingered for a common place practice I still maintain was endemic.
I was at the front of the mob wanting Spags fired carrying two torches, but IMO one of the greatest differences now v then is owners

I think it's important to point out that Spagnuolo hasn't had anything but crappy defenses since he left NY where he had Pro Bowlers and Hall of Famers all over his DL. Actually the defense was loaded with talent all over the place, but that DL was one of the best in the last couple of decades, they were just crazy good up front for a few years.

Strahan, JPP, Uminyiora, Tuck........they were like an All Star team up there.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I think it's important to point out that Spagnuolo hasn't had anything but crappy defenses since he left NY where he had Pro Bowlers and Hall of Famers all over his DL. Actually the defense was loaded with talent all over the place, but that DL was one of the best in the last couple of decades, they were just crazy good up front for a few years.

Strahan, JPP, Uminyiora, Tuck........they were like an All Star team up there.
AND you don't think he'd flourish with what we have here now?

How many GREAT defenses loaded with talent have been beaten by Brady, he has Brady's scalp on his resume ,rare are those who can claim that, especially in the SB

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
AND you don't think he'd flourish with what we have here now?

How many GREAT defenses loaded with talent have been beaten by Brady, he has Brady's scalp on his resume ,rare are those who can claim that, especially in the SB

They beat the Patriots late in the same season too if memory serves.