Source: Sam Bradford has torn ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nick Wagoner
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9855679/sam-bradford-st-louis-rams-suffers-torn-acl-source-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98556 ... ource-says</a>

St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford is out for the season after an MRI on Sunday night showed he tore the ACL in his left knee, [hilite]a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter[/hilite].

Quarterback Sam Bradford's knee injury will make it impossible for him to finish the season. That puts the Rams in a precarious position at the most important position on the field, writes Nick Wagoner.

The injury occurred late in the fourth quarter of the team's 30-15 loss to the Carolina Panthers.

Bradford suffered the injury as he scrambled toward the sideline on a second-down play with 5:27 to play. Carolina safety Mike Mitchell converged on Bradford before he stepped out of bounds, but the QB landed awkwardly on the knee as he fell to the ground.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher spoke to Bradford after the game but didn't want to speculate on the nature of the injury before further testing.

"I'm not going to deal with hypotheticals right now until I find out what really is going on with him," Fisher said. "It makes no sense to rush to a conclusion until we know. We'll get a medical and then we'll go from there. He was in significant pain on the sideline."

Bradford was on crutches with the knee in a large, black, ankle-to-thigh brace as he left the locker room. According to Fisher, all of his quarterbacks are required to wear a brace on the left knee anytime the team is wearing pads.

At the time of the injury, Bradford was 21 of 30 for 255 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Backup quarterback Kellen Clemens replaced Bradford and was 2 of 4 for 19 yards.

Clemens is the only other quarterback on the Rams' roster or practice squad.

"I think we're all talking about 'ifs' right now," Clemens said. "Obviously, if called upon this week after a week of practice and an opportunity to work with the guys, we'll be ready to go."

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Hate this news! Too bad Dahl didn't clock the idiot that was celebrating this on the sideline!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rhinobean said:
Hate this news! Too bad Dahl didn't clock the idiot that was celebrating this on the sideline!
You can tell he wanted to. If something like that happened in the streets, that dude would be spitting teeth.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
blackbart said:
Just makes me want to puke
Feel ya.
This was my reaction...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLXnBI4ykVs[/youtube]

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I am flying out for MNF and this just popped my balloon. Man this sucks. All the asses on the PD who hate Sam will see the drop off to Clemens. And none of us want to lose but I want people to see Sam is the least of our issues.
Feel bad for him. What a fluke way to get injured.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It looked just like Clayton's injury to me when he landed on his knee and grabbed for it right away I knew it was going to be bad.

Is this team ever going to be a perineal contender

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
blackbart said:
It looked just like Clayton's injury to me when he landed on his knee and grabbed for it right away I knew it was going to be bad.

Is this team ever going to be a perineal contender
Shit, I'll settle for one wildcard appearance at this point.

fancents86

Starter
This is Murphy's Law at its finest, and I knew we should have picked up Tebow or some other FA earlier in the season to cover back up QB bc Bradford getting injured is never out of the equasion. Now we're backed into a corner with a qb no one has faith in.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
fancents86 said:
This is Murphy's Law at its finest, and I knew we should have picked up Tebow or some other FA earlier in the season to cover back up QB bc Bradford getting injured is never out of the equasion. Now we're backed into a corner with a qb no one has faith in.

Someone at Rams Park has faith in him or there would have been at the very least someone on the practice squad.

I did like the pass he threw to Cook (which again was dropped) on his first play in the game. While I have no delusions of ole whatshisname taking the Rams to the playoffs they still COULD win a couple maybe well uhhhhhhh :omg: :boing:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
blackbart said:
fancents86 said:

Someone at Rams Park has faith in him or there would have been at the very least someone on the practice squad.

I did like the pass he threw to Cook (which again was dropped) on his first play in the game. While I have no delusions of ole whatshisname taking the Rams to the playoffs they still COULD win a couple maybe well uhhhhhhh :omg: :boing:
Even the commentators said that should have been a catcg

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
This hurts.

While I've always maintained that the quarterback is an overemphasized position, I've always felt like Sam elevated this team and played over his head for the most part.

You can think that watching this team move forward with Clemens may emphasize that point, but the truth is people are going to hate on what they want.

Getting another high round draft choice (from their own pick) just wasn't anything I ever could have wished or perceived would come of this year for the Rams, and I yet hope that it won't.

And I know that Fisher and the rest of the team will start next Sunday with an attempt to rally around Clemens against the Seahawks, something that they could do with success, but this team wasn't built to emphasize the run, it was designed to grow these young receivers together with their young quarterback.

And I just don't see anything good coming from his injury. Sorry for this fan's lament.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
We have been here before, we shall overcome this small set back... OK BIG setback.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Zaphod said:
And I just don't see anything good coming from his injury. Sorry for this fan's lament.

I don't think any fan see's anything good to be honest mate... maybe experience for the rookies and younger players.... but thats about it..