Sounds like the Rams released finnegan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand the move if this turns out to be true. But still Im sad to see Cortland go, he was a great guy off the field and brought a passion to our defense that we will miss.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was a little surprised I thought fish said the other day he was in the plans for this year.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Now the question becomes, does he get re-signed at a (much) lower salary later in the off-season?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think if he wanted to stay at a lower sallary he just would have taken a restructure I would think, if it was even offerd to him

RamBill

Legend
Cortland Finnegan says his goodbye to St. Louis
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 5, 2014, 3:31 PM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/05/cortland-finnegan-says-his-goodbye-to-st-louis/

When coach Jeff Fisher took over the Rams, bringing in Cortland Finnegan was an obvious hire, to add the kind of toughness he thought the Rams needed.

With his recent play and his salary, getting rid of him was just as obvious.

Finnegan just tweeted out what appears to be his goodbye to the Rams, saying “thank you for your letting me play for a classy franchise and coach fish nothing but love thank you all.”

Finnegan had a $3 million roster bonus coming due next week, and was going to count $10 million against the cap. That would have been fine if he hadn’t played so poorly last season.

As much as he likes Fisher and Fisher might like him, that made this one a bit of a no-brainer.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He was a good guy, I liked him. His play last year was not anywhere close to what it should have been, and with that cap hit its not shocking. Still was a good guy though, good for the room. Bittersweet to see him go.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
That_really_rustled_my_jimmies.jpg

Failed to quote Janoris Ogletree on this one. Doh!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Was worried it wasn't going to happen. Would not mind at all if they bring him back for cheap.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Jeff Fisher says Rams remain interested in re-signing Finnegan at a later date.