Sounds like Gurley has gotten faster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I saw yesterday's practice interview with Rodger Saffold when Gurley and Webster jumped in on the interview. Saffold said Gurley really had a chance to open it up at practice, speed-wise. Todd said he got up to 23.5 mph! That's moving! Sounds like he's got his full speed back, or close to it.

http://m.therams.com/videos/videos/...nterview/3ed3eaaa-f10d-4266-9930-23398407801c

To put that in perspective, he hit 21.7 mph on this 71 yard gallop against the 49ers his rookie year.

Hopefully he's getting a bit bigger and stronger as well. We need him at his full potential this year.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Dude is a stud, he ran track and has all of the physical skills needed to be a top back. Last year was rough for him and no running back is going to make big plays when he has to evade defenders behind the line on almost every play . Mcvay will scheme plays for Gurley and we should all expect big things this year

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He can be as fast as he wants but his OL has got to do the job up front for him this season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dude is a stud, he ran track and has all of the physical skills needed to be a top back. Last year was rough for him and no running back is going to make big plays when he has to evade defenders behind the line on almost every play . Mcvay will scheme plays for Gurley and we should all expect big things this year

Well I agree for the most part. Gurley still should have had a 1,000 yard season.He did it in 12 games his rookie season. He didn't show good instincts. I'm sure his conditions is & will be much better than last season.
They all have houses with a pool this season.The team has settled in , & are already night & day ahead of last season. McVay first time in the Grass,but The Rams 3rd week in the books already.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That would put him amongst some of the fastest top speeds ever run in football.

jap

Legend
Sounds like the Gurley Express! we were all hoping for last year---optimizing the balance between speed, quickness, & strength. Get enough impact offensive players to distract the opposing defenses from time to time, and the Gurley Man and Tavon will be making jail breaks for pay dirt several times this season.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It was refreshing to see Gurley speaking with excitement in that clip. That was night and day compared to how he expressed himself last year.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was refreshing to see Gurley speaking with excitement in that clip. That was night and day compared to how he expressed himself last year.

Agreed! It's nice to see Todd having some fun again. The best part of the interview was Saffold's reaction when he heard how fast Todd was going. He knows that's hauling the mail!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I can't imagine the physical abilities of not only Gurley but the entire team under this new staff. This is awesome.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I mentioned on another forum that I did not think Gurley looked as fast with the Rams as he did in college.

In the Georgia games I watched, it seemed that even cornerbacks couldn't catch up with him once he got in the open field.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I can't imagine the physical abilities of not only Gurley but the entire team under this new staff. This is awesome.

Yeah it is awesome. We have holes and all, especially at wideout (X in particular). But there's some really nice talent that might make the offense closer than anyone thinks. Yes we have a young QB who is a question mark, but if they can get production out of Gurley, Higbee, Cooper, Woods, and Tavon they have the makings of a good offense.

I'm real excited man. Think this team will finish somewhere from 7-9 to 9-7 depending on how quickly Goff gains full grasp of the offense.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mentioned on another forum that I did not think Gurley looked as fast with the Rams as he did in college.

In the Georgia games I watched, it seemed that even cornerbacks couldn't catch up with him once he got in the open field.

I've been saying this since his breakout game against the Cardinals. It's crazy to imagine what his rookie year could've been like if he didn't tear his ACL against Auburn. His 2014 film before the suspension was absolutely incredible.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah it is awesome. We have holes and all, especially at wideout (X in particular). But there's some really nice talent that might make the offense closer than anyone thinks. Yes we have a young QB who is a question mark, but if they can get production out of Gurley, Higbee, Cooper, Woods, and Tavon they have the makings of a good offense.

I'm real excited man. Think this team will finish somewhere from 7-9 to 9-7 depending on how quickly Goff gains full grasp of the offense.
Have a drink......13 WINS!
wPdtlkO.jpg

Ram65

Legend
Gurley needs to be in great shape all around. He didn't have many holes last year but, he didn't look strong and could have used a little better vision. Glad he has his wheels back. Two years for the knee injury. The improvedoffensive line should help TG.