Sorting Out Jared Goff's Top Receivers for 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Paul McRoberts is my guy if for no other reason with first names like Pharoh and surnames of Hemingway...Paul McRobets is just a solid name and I believe is driven by a super being.
hqdefault.jpg

TexasRam

Legend
Britt is in my book a depth Wr. Expecting him to fill a #1 or #2 role is foolish. He just is not that guy. He is not a strong route runner and can't separate well. He tends to drop key passes as well.

He can however run a nice go route.

There are few players with the explosion and open field play making ability as Tavon. He was worth the pick.

But we do need a go to possession guy.

We need a rook to step up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, Jennings was a second rounder, OBJ, Watkins, and Hopkins were first rounders - OBJ and Watkins high first rounders. So their success wasn't shocking - and even then not common right out of the gate. The occasional later pick succeeds immediately, but it shouldn't be planned on.

I do hope that at least one rookie receiver makes some sort of impact - not star level initially, but a decent contributor, with Britt, Austin, Gurley and Kendricks taking the majority of targets. Hopefully with those guys doing their thing, the pressure will be off of the rookie receivers, and they can find their way to become important to the team.

Just trying to dispel the idea that all rookie receivers take 3 years to develop. Some do it by year one or two. Don't get me wrong though. I am not expecting the Rams to be in the Superbowl this year. Just saying that Goff and maybe Cooper and Higbee could easily be successful this season.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stopped reading right there.

If not for penalties on STs (many bogus) and some other on offense (namely the Jake Long tripping call) Tavon would have a lot more long plays and scores. And considering some of the players taken before and after him, he's produced quite well. Which says something based on how most draft picks end up being journeymen if they are lucky.
10 TD's on a horrifically bad offense?? can you imagine what he would do on a good offense?