Sorry, going through another round of depression over Sam B.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

To summarize my thoughts and a few above.

1) I am NOT giving up on this season.

2) I DO think Hill will play well enough.

3) It IS a shame that heartless posters jumped in this thread (again).

4) The reason for the MAJORITY of my sadness is I believe he's played his last snap as a Ram and like my most favorite QB ever he too will play great in another uniform.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
To summarize my thoughts and a few above.

1) I am NOT giving up on this season.

2) I DO think Hill will play well enough.

3) It IS a shame that heartless posters jumped in this thread (again).

4) The reason for the MAJORITY of my sadness is I believe he's played his last snap as a Ram and like my most favorite QB ever he too will play great in another uniform.

There are no heartless posters in this thread that I can see. What's next you're going to find a different word to replace "hater" for people who don't share your Bradford worship?

And if Bradford getting injured is worse for you than the Rams losing to the Patriots I just don't know what to say to you.

RFIP

There are no heartless posters in this thread that I can see. What's next you're going to find a different word to replace "hater" for people who don't share your Bradford worship?

And if Bradford getting injured is worse for you than the Rams losing to the Patriots I just don't know what to say to you.

You need a mirror, have for some time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was in the dumps about it for a few days,but as with any disappointment in life I realized ,this is beyond my control and ALL I can control is my attitude about it.
Pretty much. I was despondent the first hour or so, and anxious as hell until I heard the news that he was out for the season. I then took your advice (in advance) and started to rally around Hill and the rest of the team. Found videos of Hill on NFL.com, posted them, and started looking at the situation the way the rest of the *team* is looking at it. Every single one of them has said it's a real sad situation, but the season isn't over because of it. If I'm one of the 'heartless' or cold-blooded' posters being referenced in this running eulogy, then let me set you straight. I'm empathetic to Bradford's situation, but I'm not going to let it change my outlook on the season. Was Chris Long heartless when he said "next man up"? Nope. He's simply putting it in his rear-view and focusing on what's MORE important.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Pretty much. I was despondent the first hour or so, and anxious as hell until I heard the news that he was out for the season. I then took your advice (in advance) and started to rally around Hill and the rest of the team. Found videos of Hill on NFL.com, posted them, and started looking at the situation the way the rest of the *team* is looking at it. Every single one of them has said it's a real sad situation, but the season isn't over because of it. If I'm one of the 'heartless' or cold-blooded' posters being referenced in this running eulogy, then let me set you straight. I'm empathetic to Bradford's situation, but I'm not going to let it change my outlook on the season. Was Chris Long heartless when he said "next man up"? Nope. He's simply putting it in his rear-view and focusing on what's MORE important.
Yeah ya'know I, as a fan,attempt to tailor my reactions to the way I WANT players and coaches to react , nothing I hate more than watching games with people who panic,it spreads on a team and in a fans base and it serves only temporary purpose if you don't get a hold on it fast.
My greatest concern now is as you say FOR the kid, he's looking at the light at the end of the tunnel and thinking it could be the train in his darkest moments,I WANT Sam back healthy and ready to play next year, that the Rams put him on IR and didn't cut him before hand tells me they are ready to give him the chance to claim the job next year ,they now have 8 months minimum to evaluate his progress and possibly reach a mutually beneficial financial arrangement.
I haven't written him off because now isn't the time to make that decision,that time will come,I wouldn't be opposed to the Rams waiting on Sam to start no earlier than the 4th game next year if need be.
I realize some might think all that would be throwing good money after bad ,but IMO the reward could be substantial , I do think we need to address the need at QB very early next year though ,it's just the prudent thing to do

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
As a fan I was crushed watching the play when he went down. Waited for any news. After the news came out he was done for the year I just looked ahead. Whats done is done. Sam situation is something to explore AFTER this season. Let him rehab and get back in there next year and compete for the starting job. Right now the season is just starting and I can not wait to see how it all shakes out.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I look at it this way. We've prepared as well as expected, with Shaun Hill backed up by a young player who has spent 2+ years in this offense along with a younger, very smart player with some game experience in CK. We are actually in a better position to weather this storm than any other team in the NFL, IMO. I still hold 10-6 or 9-7 down to a wk17 fight with Seattle for the division.

As for Sam personally, I look at the positive as well. Yes, it's terrible luck to have two injuries like this. I feel bad for him, since I was sure this was the year he shut everyone up and played us to playoffs. But look at it this way, he's 26 and starting over. My wife is starting over in career at 39. At his age it can be done. Also, he doesn't have to worry how to feed himself coming back from the injury like he would if he was a carpenter. And he has an extra 7 weeks vs the last injury to let this heal. I'm as certain as one can be that this isn't the last we hear from Bradford, even if it's with someone else.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Chill. Let us wallow in peace please.