Soooooo....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now what? I'm excited to see foles and our offense but we've still been pretty quiet on the free agent front. Backup qb is now way down the priority list but we have three holes on the offensive line, Britt is still unsigned, and the defense still needs a few tweaks. In what direction do the rams turn now, in your opinion?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not excited at all. I'm devastated and no extra draft picks will make me feel any better.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Well, Barksdale and Wiz are next on my list. If we can someone sign Britt back then we're should call it a day.

Interesting they signed Kendricks before Britt.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, Barksdale and Wiz are next on my list. If we can someone sign Britt back then we're should call it a day.

Interesting they signed Kendricks before Britt.
I agree. I found Kendricks much more replaceable for our offense than Britt. I think a new you for foles would be awesome. Cooper or white? Take a guard or center round 2 and 3. Maybe even four with our new pick.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not excited at all. I'm devastated and no extra draft picks will make me feel any better.

I think the wasted investment is frustrating. So much time believing that Bradford would finally get it right for nothing. Either way, maybe foles is what we needed.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Akeem Ayers might be next signing for us.. Tho good but man give me some good big uglies already. Suspense is killing me

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think the wasted investment is frustrating. So much time believing that Bradford would finally get it right for nothing. Either way, maybe foles is what we needed.

Shows better poise and pocket awareness FWIW.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Who have we missed out on that ideally we had a chance to sign exactly? As I can see the ones we may be linked to are still available. (y)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I understand I wanted to see Bradford excel here too but I think we got a very good deal with this trade
Definitely as good as we could for an injury prone qb coming off back to back acl tears on the same knee we hit the lotto in my eyes.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who have we missed out on that ideally we had a chance to sign exactly? As I can see the ones we may be linked to are still available. (y)
I'm a rams fan. If we have to signed them after day one, then I go full panic mode lol

fearsomefour

Legend
I understand I wanted to see Bradford excel here too but I think we got a very good deal with this trade
Probably as good as we could get.
I believe that Foles is in the last year of his deal. If so it is a short term answer at worst a long term answer at best.
Bradford in an offense that operates in a hurry up shot gun approach a lot just makes too much sense. If he can stay healthy I think he will have a huge year.
For me this trade is a C at this point. Taking a downgrade in talent to get consistent (hopefully) field time makes sense but is hard to swallow. A lot of it depends on what the Rams do with the extra money.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Probably as good as we could get.
I believe that Foles is in the last year of his deal. If so it is a short term answer at worst a long term answer at best.
Bradford in an offense that operates in a hurry up shot gun approach a lot just makes too much sense. If he can stay healthy I think he will have a huge year.
For me this trade is a C at this point. Taking a downgrade in talent to get consistent (hopefully) field time makes sense but is hard to swallow. A lot of it depends on what the Rams do with the extra money.

I agree with what you are saying, I think the Rams made the hard decision of "do we stay with Bradford who when healthy can make all the throws or do we bring in a guy who may or may not be as talented as him but he can stay on the field and save us money".

To be honest I think Foles can thrive in our system due to his mobility and he has a pretty good arm.

Sam could possibly thrive in Chips system as well as you mentioned due to the fact they operate out of the shotgun. I personally believe he is future trade bait to get Mariota, just my thoughts lol

Believe me I wanted to see Sam come back healthy and do well with the weapons we have now. But due to injury i think it was best to move on and get what we could for him. Which in this case was a solid QB draft picks and saving on cap space to make moves. So solid trade.

Now lets draft well get some O Line in here and try and win the division this year!!

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree with what you are saying, I think the Rams made the hard decision of "do we stay with Bradford who when healthy can make all the throws or do we bring in a guy who may or may not be as talented as him but he can stay on the field and save us money".

To be honest I think Foles can thrive in our system due to his mobility and he has a pretty good arm.

Sam could possibly thrive in Chips system as well as you mentioned due to the fact they operate out of the shotgun. I personally believe he is future trade bait to get Mariota, just my thoughts lol

Believe me I wanted to see Sam come back healthy and do well with the weapons we have now. But due to injury i think it was best to move on and get what we could for him. Which in this case was a solid QB draft picks and saving on cap space to make moves. So solid trade.

Now lets draft well get some O Line in here and try and win the division this year!!
You could be right about future trade bait, although moving his salary twice in one year will be tough.
My sizable gut keeps telling me Arizona with Arians. For maybe a lesser price can get a pocket passer that is young still to replace Palmer. Of course, a lot o that depends on what Palmer does on how he comes back from his own knee issue.
It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The key is RT still tbh. It affects that first round pick, as the Rams can go BPA at 10 at if all they need to do is fix the interior of the OL.

BPA could well be WR Cooper, but either way flexibility is key... Even if Scherff, for example, is their guy at 10 he is better served at OG.

So my guess is that right now they are pushing hard behind the scenes on Barks.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He also throws receivers open which wasn't in Bradford's repertoire

Yeah, Bradford does not do that. It works great with timing routes and big targets. If we get Cooper, we will have a combo of both WR's on Warner's SB teams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He also throws receivers open which wasn't in Bradford's repertoire
Yeah, Bradford does not do that. It works great with timing routes and big targets. If we get Cooper, we will have a combo of both WR's on Warner's SB teams.
Can someone demonstrate how he doesn't "throw them open?" Because the alternative to that is hitting receivers after they've stopped running.