Somthing to think about.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
If you go back and watch all 3 games i believe the biggest thing other then pass pro fisher is working on offense is getting Bradford used to checking his full progression.

Some of the pass's to Austin last week and the pass to drich in the 2nd this week where the players have no room to run is Bradford hitting players later in his progression.

With the speed and wr corp we have along with cook he will have alot to look at outaide of his hotroute gone are his days of check down after checkdown to Amendola.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Re: Somthing to think about.

Rabid Ram said:
If you go back and watch all 3 games i believe the biggest thing other then pass pro fisher is working on offense is getting Bradford used to checking his full progression.

Some of the pass's to Austin last week and the pass to drich in the 2nd this week where the players have no room to run is Bradford hitting players later in his progression.

With the speed and wr corp we have along with cook he will have alot to look at outaide of his hotroute gone are his days of check down after checkdown to Amendola.

Good thought.

Dierdorf said he had no explanation why the Rams pass blocking would be better than the run blocking. He added that you don't know what they are working on in the preseason and its totally different than a regular season game.

So maybe Fisher has been focused on getting the pass pro down and not as focused on the running game. The Rams success on offense this year is all about keeping Sam comfortable in the pocket. He has never had that pleasure as a Ram. Only then can Sam progress in running the offense with all these new and young pieces.

Speeps

Starter

I agree. Fisher did confirm some of this during his pressers over the weekend.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Makes sense to me, guys!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

max said:
Rabid Ram said:

Good thought.

Dierdorf said he had no explanation why the Rams pass blocking would be better than the run blocking. He added that you don't know what they are working on in the preseason and its totally different than a regular season game.

So maybe Fisher has been focused on getting the pass pro down and not as focused on the running game. The Rams success on offense this year is all about keeping Sam comfortable in the pocket. He has never had that pleasure as a Ram. Only then can Sam progress in running the offense with all these new and young pieces.
There's only one way to pass block. Don't get your QB killed, always block the inside force first, communicate. There are many different run blocking schemes, and different run philosophies.

jjab360

Legend

Rabid Ram said:
It's not really a checkdown if that was his first read, but I get what you're saying.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

I'm not an expert on this but the statement by Dierdorf makes no sense to me.

"Dierdorf said he had no explanation why the Rams pass blocking would be better than the run blocking."

I mean really, don't they require different skills sets? I don't know much but even I know that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

albefree69 said:

"Dierdorf said he had no explanation why the Rams pass blocking would be better than the run blocking."

I mean really, don't they require different skills sets? I don't know much but even I know that.
It doesn't make sense, because what you said is true, and you DESIGN run plays. Many of our running plays have been straight up mano e mano. Not a bunch of trap, pulling, cross, or even double teams. Fisher just isn't willing to lift his skirt yet, and show his junk.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

albefree69 said:

I'm no expert, but it is easier to run block. The O-lineman is the aggressor in that situation as opposed to being put in a position to react aggressively. You ask any O-lineman and they'd rather run block than pass block 100% of the time. That said, they're facing a lot of stacked boxes and aren't scheming with traps, or pulling guards, or anything like that. They're just engaging their man (and oftentimes two of them).

This lack of scheming on all fronts this preseason is pretty frustrating.

lasvegasrams

Rookie

X said:
albefree69 said:

I'm no expert, but it is easier to run block. The O-lineman is the aggressor in that situation as opposed to being put in a position to react aggressively. You ask any O-lineman and they'd rather run block than pass block 100% of the time. That said, they're facing a lot of stacked boxes and aren't scheming with traps, or pulling guards, or anything like that. They're just engaging their man (and oftentimes two of them).

This lack of scheming on all fronts this preseason is pretty frustrating.

I agree.

Teams that run out of the gun most of the time bang up their o-linemen very quickly.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:

It doesn't make sense, because what you said is true, and you DESIGN run plays. Many of our running plays have been straight up mano e mano. Not a bunch of trap, pulling, cross, or even double teams. Fisher just isn't willing to lift his skirt yet, and show his junk.

Seems like I read someones camp report that said the Rams were working on alot of Trap blocking running plays?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

EastRam said:
DR RAM said:
albefree69 said:

Seems like I read someones camp report that said the Rams were working on alot of Trap blocking running plays?
I'm sure we are. Just not really showing them. Just like the rest of the things, we are working on them in practice.