Something that's annoying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The last few games, the Rams have been called for some bullshit roughing the passer calls. In some cases they overcame it, and in others have not.

For as many times as Sam has been hit...has their ever been a roughing call in favor of the Rams? How come it seems that the Rams' D gets called for usually a ticky tacky roughing call for taps and Sam never does?

This is bullshit and needs to change.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The only one I remember was in the Chargers game his rookie year. And that was after they missed a blatant one.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I couldn't believe they called Long for the love tap. I've rested my head on my pillow harder.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Wait a minute ,are we criticising the REAL REFS? I thought that sort of crap call was going to be a thing of the past when the Hockulies returned.
JMO the replacemnts weren't as much worse as the feeding frenzy media firestorm demanded they were and further,I think the implicit permission that feeding frenzy gave the players to dish on those refs was the worst part of it all.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Thordaddy said:
Wait a minute ,are we criticising the REAL REFS? I thought that sort of crap call was going to be a thing of the past when the Hockulies returned.
JMO the replacemnts weren't as much worse as the feeding frenzy media firestorm demanded they were and further,I think the implicit permission that feeding frenzy gave the players to dish on those refs was the worst part of it all.
IMO, the worst part was the NFL thought the replacements could absorb the complexity of the NFL game in a couple of months.

Fisher wasn't going to use that fake FG play if the replacements were still around.

And no. I certainly didn't expect to be satisfied with NFL officiating EVER. I can accept some things, like holding calls. Yesterday's crew was running through the yellow flags like today was laundry discount day. The holding call against Miami's LT Long was bad, too.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just FYI, this isn't bashing the refs so that they influenced the outcome. The Rams have proven this year they can overcome penalties.

It's the inconsistincy. Bradford was/is the most hit QB in the NFL, and not a single roughing. While it seems like every game this year the Rams have been called for one, even tho there has been nothing illegal about it.

Who we got next week, Aaron Rodgers. Jeez what is gonna be the over/under on the number of roughing calls on him? I say 4.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ram Quixote said:
Thordaddy said:
IMO, the worst part was the NFL thought the replacements could absorb the complexity of the NFL game in a couple of months.

Fisher wasn't going to use that fake FG play if the replacements were still around.

And no. I certainly didn't expect to be satisfied with NFL officiating EVER. I can accept some things, like holding calls. Yesterday's crew was running through the yellow flags like today was laundry discount day. The holding call against Miami's LT Long was bad, too.
At least they called Incognito for his BS, which gve me :bg: a warm fuzzy

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
Just FYI, this isn't bashing the refs so that they influenced the outcome. The Rams have proven this year they can overcome penalties.

It's the inconsistincy. Bradford was/is the most hit QB in the NFL, and not a single roughing. While it seems like every game this year the Rams have been called for one, even tho there has been nothing illegal about it.

Who we got next week, Aaron Rodgers. Jeez what is gonna be the over/under on the number of roughing calls on him? I say 4.
Actually, the penalties on Long (theirs and ours) were the only calls I had a problem with.

Well, there was the Tuck rule, which I still don't understand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know there has been at least one roughing call this year against the other team. Don't recall which game though. Some pretty bad missed calls too though.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Guys, I watch a lot of football (soccer) and many other sports, and NFL has the best refs in the world, period. They make a decision, it's accepted. In soccer if they make a decision it's ignored or challenged, unless of course the offender had already been punished for "diving" (blatant cheating). You have a sport where on the whole the players respect the rules. Go with it.