Something I Totally Forgot About Robert Quinn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
quinn-360.jpg

Robert Quinn. (Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images)

I was reading this article from MMQB where one of the writers, Robert Klemko, was referring to his brother's tumor...then this -

When he was diagnosed I began reading about skull tumors, and I learned that St. Louis Rams defensive end Robert Quinn is the only player in the NFL known to have a tumor still in his head.

As a high school senior, Quinn began getting headaches and was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor. He had surgery in October 2007 to reduce its size and to drain excess fluid, which could have left him brain-dead if the accumulation continued. Twice a year he gets the tumor scanned for growth.

I decided to get Robert on the phone to talk to my brother, so I hit up Rams ace PR man Artis Twyman, and shortly we were on the phone with the budding defensive end. We were in a car on the way to Johns Hopkins hospital for a pre-surgery checkup with Dr. Gary Gallia when Quinn gave us this advice: “I don’t think about it much. God gave me a pass, and when it’s my time it will be my time. It’s a part of me now. Don’t dwell on it. Go on, regardless of what happens.” Comforting words.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Good kid and great player, Im proud to have him on the Rams and looking forward to him breaking the sack record this year.

jap

Legend
Good kid and great player, Im proud to have him on the Rams and looking forward to him breaking the sack record this year.

True! I'll be even prouder if he breaks the Deacon's unofficial sack record---way more impressive!!!

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Wow didn't know that! At the age of 11 I had a tumor, everytime my dad would massage my head it would hurt, and I would get really bad headaches.. Till one day we went to to the hospital and told me that I had a tumor. It was removed and could of died through the surgery. I'm glad I'm here to keep supporting my team and talking Rams football with u guys.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow didn't know that! At the age of 11 I had a tumor, everytime my dad would massage my head it would hurt, and I would get really bad headaches.. Till one day we went to to the hospital and told me that I had a tumor. It was removed and could of died through the surgery. I'm glad I'm here to keep supporting my team and talking Rams football with u guys.

Glad you're here with us too. In my early teens I began experiencing stomach aches for no apparent reason. The docs found several benign tumors called fibromas. They were left there and checked periodically to see if they had grown. They never did, so there they remain.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Random video of the day:

Sorry, that's the way my mind works. I've come to accept it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I've told you guys how my grandson was an autograph assistant to Quinn and Gerald Rivers last year during training camp. While they were passing things along the line Rivers started talking shit at Quin said the "man I'd knock you out" line at Quinn, Robert just turned and looked at him and went " tsst" Rivers was like "aw man you know I was only kidding don't you?" Quinn just looked at him out of the corner of his eye ,Rivers was scared as hell, you could see it.

A55VA6

Legend
One of my favorite players. He's battled through a lot to get where he is today. Hope he continues to be great and hope he'll be a lifelong Ram.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Robert Quinn - living proof that even a blind squirrel can get a nut once in a while:oops:

I remeber when the last regime took him and all the pundits called them idiots for taking a chance on a guy with character issues (got in trouble at UNC with a bunch of other players for partyin on an agents dime) and health concerns.

At least they left us with that parting gift:LOL:

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Glad you're here with us too. In my early teens I began experiencing stomach aches for no apparent reason. The docs found several benign tumors called fibromas. They were left there and checked periodically to see if they had grown. They never did, so there they remain.
Pretty scary stuff bro. U don't have any pains no more?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Getting Clowney would only help Quinn. I have very big expectations for our defense if that's the case.

Quinn was a top ten pick easy without the few question marks, such as the tumor.

iced

Robert quinn was by far one of my most favorite Ram to meet. Finnegan was up there too but Quinn just has this humble niceness and comes across as a great guy. Love to hear this stuff about him