Something I don't get...RG3/Romo etc..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Please respond. I really want to know what you guys think.

I don't get the damn hypocrisy and inconsistincy of the media. The most recent issue of SI has a full 2-3 page story on RG3 (even mentioning the Rams game). I don't get why he's bein showered praise after praise, being called a savior of DC (like what they said in the SI article). A QB that can run. That's my theory.

Now that brings me to Tony Romo. EVERYONE loves hatin on the guy. This guy has been nothing but a really good QB through his career. I feel bad for Romo. He takes so much shit and plays really well. This is like is 7th season playing consistently. Dallas' problems are w/ Jerry Jones and the Cowboy secondary. Anyway, this isn't about Dallas.

Why people have Robbie Griffin mania, while Romo is bashed for the hell of it.

Unfair, and quite stupid. Oh RG3 can do NO wrong...but Romo...he fuckin sucks!!

Just random shit that comes to me.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well I'm not a Romo fan mostly because I don't like the Cowboys. Personally I don't think Romo is really all that great, good but not great. Consistency issues, I don't know what it is but the Cowboys can never really get that far even though they have a lot of talent. I think part of that is with Romo.

But as for RG3, it's the Newton hype. Everyone got their rocks off to Newton last year, even though he was just putting up stats in garbage time, and they want RG3 to do the same. Trent Dilfer made that stupid QBR that makes running QB's look like gods, and after a few great Vick games, every running QB looks amazing. So everyone is getting all into RG3 because they want him to be the next Newton who they want to be the next Vick. Well Vick blows and there's a reason he hasn't won shit. Just like Newton wont and RG3 wont. Because they look to run before they throw. It may win them a few games, but it'll lose them a lot more.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Im worried for the guys health. He needs to learn when not to run. If he keeps playing like that he wont stay healthy, never mind winning.

The other example I can think of recently was the hate some used to have for Eli. News flash, he has twice as many SBs as god, aka his big brother

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I think the love for RG3 comes from the inherent hope and optimism that comes from drafting a Heisman winning, articulate, QB as high as they did.

Conversely Romo was undrafted. Where RG3's presence was met with optimism, Romo's was met with pessimism. He had to scratch and claw his way to the top of the depth chart. He didnt have any meteoric rise. People initially doubted him and dont want to change their tune

JMHO

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
To me, it's that whole 'NFC East is the toughest division in football joke.' For like the past 5 or so years people have held to that notion as if it were true. It's a tough division for sure, but no AFC North. And yes, I'd give the Browns a slight edge over the Redskins.
That being said, Romo hasn't won anything as the QB of 'America's tram' and it's not his fault entirely, but the media hypes that team up every year and the easiest scapegoat when they inevitably fail is Romo isn't clutch.
And RGIII gets billed as the savior because n o team has run through more no name QBs in the last decade than the Redskins. From Patrick Ramsey to Grossman, the one thing keeping a lot of good teams from being better was whatever shlubb Dan Snyder bought to play QB. This guy now has a certain set of skills. People are excited.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Well I'm not a Romo fan mostly because I don't like the Cowboys. Personally I don't think Romo is really all that great, good but not great. Consistency issues, I don't know what it is but the Cowboys can never really get that far even though they have a lot of talent. I think part of that is with Romo.

But as for RG3, it's the Newton hype. Everyone got their rocks off to Newton last year, even though he was just putting up stats in garbage time, and they want RG3 to do the same. Trent Dilfer made that stupid QBR that makes running QB's look like gods, and after a few great Vick games, every running QB looks amazing. So everyone is getting all into RG3 because they want him to be the next Newton who they want to be the next Vick. Well Vick blows and there's a reason he hasn't won shit. Just like Newton wont and RG3 wont. Because they look to run before they throw. It may win them a few games, but it'll lose them a lot more.

Yup you're right, throw Vince Young in there b/c he's a running QB.

Robbie Griffin's team is 1-2, just like the Rams. No one mentions that. They lost their home opener. To Cincy of all teams.

libertadrocks said:
I think the love for RG3 comes from the inherent hope and optimism that comes from drafting a Heisman winning, articulate, QB as high as they did.

Conversely Romo was undrafted. Where RG3's presence was met with optimism, Romo's was met with pessimism. He had to scratch and claw his way to the top of the depth chart. He didnt have any meteoric rise. People initially doubted him and dont want to change their tune

JMHO

Bradford is a Heisman winner. Where the hell was all the hope and optimism (outside STL)? B/c his name doesn't rhyme?

I think Romo has grown up a lot since that going to Mexico before the playoffs thing. Last year w/ a punctured lung he led a game winning drive to beat SF...in SF! He hasn't been doing anything, yet ppl still love to hate on him and for the botched hold. It's stupid, and I bet if he were on any other team the level of hatin wouldn't be as high.

Warner4Prez said:
To me, it's that whole 'NFC East is the toughest division in football joke.' For like the past 5 or so years people have held to that notion as if it were true. It's a tough division for sure, but no AFC North. And yes, I'd give the Browns a slight edge over the Redskins.
That being said, Romo hasn't won anything as the QB of 'America's tram' and it's not his fault entirely, but the media hypes that team up every year and the easiest scapegoat when they inevitably fail is Romo isn't clutch.
And RGIII gets billed as the savior because n o team has run through more no name QBs in the last decade than the Redskins. From Patrick Ramsey to Grossman, the one thing keeping a lot of good teams from being better was whatever shlubb Dan Snyder bought to play QB. This guy now has a certain set of skills. People are excited.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be exicted. I would if I were a Redskins fan. The dude can play. But this hype for a rookie (even before the trade was made) is insane. It's ridiculous. Every week we see "oh RG3 this...RG3 that." Do we need almost weekly SI articles on him? Do we need to see his highlights 1st over the team that actually won (like Rams beating them)?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
AR, good point on Bradford. I will say the league was pretty quick to proclaim him an up and coming elite QB. He wasnt met with the fanfare tho.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If I was a Redskins fan, I'd be pumped about RG3. As an NFL fan, the kid can play...he's a serious athlete that is "getting" the game and can only improve. He has heart and desire. Cue Vick who is 4 and 1, really? He hasn't even played well, but when you add that aspect that few have, you can earn wins IF you are smart....RG3 is not dumb. I don't like the hype. I don't like the anointed status, but what you do on the field..stands. History will determine RG3's legacy, but as an unbiased(notwithstanding the Rams) NFL fan. I think RG3 has a very bright future, and has played very well to date.