Something Fisher has done that gets overlooked.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
One of the great changes made by Fisher when he was hired by the Rams was to leave for the west coast trips on Friday. Typically the team used to leave on Saturday and go through that jet lag stuff (as minimal as it may be), then hustle and bustle to get ready for the game. Early games in particular have historically given traveling teams a disadvantage (and it's reflected in the W/L column) and I've made good money betting against coast-to-coast traveling teams that have early starts. By leaving a day earlier, you avoid all of that and get to "relax" one day before having to play, as well as get your body block back on point. Being in the central time zone and having to hit both EST and PT times last year, it makes sense to venture out a day earlier and adjust. Again, it's only a small adjustment, but in this league, it's smart to gain every competitive edge you can -- no matter how small.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fish doesn't miss many details. He peals the onion back ALL the way on everything ... at least that's the impression I get.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Fish doesn't miss many details. He peals the onion back ALL the way on everything ... at least that's the impression I get.

Makes me wanna cry. :nau:

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah this is what makes him such a good coach. He thinks about all scenarios and puts everyone in the best position on and off the field. I hope he's our coach for a long time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Experience versus lack of experience. Since DV left the three guys that came after him had no experience being the guy in control and it showed. Now we see what it means to have the kinda guy who has been thee done that sitting on the top of the chain of command.

When we add up all these things, like his experience and game day savvy, the kicker who can get you a win from 60 yards out, the trade that infused so much talent into a depleted roster, a QB on the verge with some real weapons at his disposal, a defense that is on the rise to top notch it is a good time to be a fan again.

This ball club is being led out of the cave by some very competent and charismatic people.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
LesBaker said:
Experience versus lack of experience. Since DV left the three guys that came after him had no experience being the guy in control and it showed. Now we see what it means to have the kinda guy who has been thee done that sitting on the top of the chain of command.

When we add up all these things, like his experience and game day savvy, the kicker who can get you a win from 60 yards out, the trade that infused so much talent into a depleted roster, a QB on the verge with some real weapons at his disposal, a defense that is on the rise to top notch it is a good time to be a fan again.

This ball club is being led out of the cave by some very competent and charismatic people.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I had a certain amount of optimism for Linehan and Spags when they were hired, but it became quickly apparent that the big plans that they had for rebuilding a team didn't possess the attention to detail necessary to build something good. Everything Fisher has done, be it a willingness to delegate certain things and foster a good coaching staff, to not being afraid to scrap bad players and tear the thing down to start back up, to being able to take your time when you're thinking but when you've made a decision, act quickly, seems like a natural progression of doing things right that the three previous regimes did wrong. I think it comes from making his own mistakes when he was younger and learning from them. Reader's Digest - experience helps.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:

Makes me wanna cry. :nau:

I see what you did there. lol

EastRam

Pro Bowler
LesBaker said:

The thing that everyone should notice about Les....

Is in all his posts there will be a reference to this [hilite]ball[/hilite]

rotflmao :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously, we looked tired as hell before Fish showed up. Now we look nasty and ready to brawl.