Something cool or interesting near where you live

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to be a greyhound driver, and I drove the old Portland to San Francisco route, down the Oregon coast from Lincoln City to Crescent City, California. One of the prettiest drives ever, and I particularly liked driving through Port Orford by the beach under a full moon. The ghostly moonlight was so pretty in illuminating the huge stone sentinels in the water. The white crest of the waves crashed on them in the half light, and it's a sight that I will never forget.
Beautiful. I rode that bus when I was 11 in the late 70’s. Would’ve been cool if you were my driver!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beautiful. I rode that bus when I was 11 in the late 70’s. Would’ve been cool if you were my driver!
Unfortunately, no. I started driving for Greyhound in 1990. But that station in Gold Beach was probably the same one I used to go to in 1990.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I think right in front of my front door qualifies for this thread.

Over the last several weeks I had some crazy striped caterpillars feasting on some flowers I had in the front entrance of my house. They tore up these flowers like weed whackers... I had to put new flowers in because of the carnage.

Anyway, tonight I went out the front door and saw these. I have a brick wall with a bunch of conch shells on top in my front entry way. Look what I found on the 1st conch shell.

I looked it up and discovered that they are the chrysalis of Monarch butterflies.

20180404_184409.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
@Selassie I I have seen those emerge when I was younger and it's AWESOME.

Also good in stir fry.

Yeah, those pods emerged at a movie theatre during the 1950's, Selassie needs to be careful as those are an Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think right in front of my front door qualifies for this thread.

Over the last several weeks I had some crazy striped caterpillars feasting on some flowers I had in the front entrance of my house. They tore up these flowers like weed whackers... I had to put new flowers in because of the carnage.

Anyway, tonight I went out the front door and saw these. I have a brick wall with a bunch of conch shells on top in my front entry way. Look what I found on the 1st conch shell.

I looked it up and discovered that they are the chrysalis of Monarch butterflies.

20180404_184409.jpg
Becky is so into bugs it’s scary. But I will show her this post as I know she’ll love it. We once were at a mill in Oregon taking pictures and a Monarch hatch started. We had no idea and then hundreds of butterflies started coming out of the logs. I will have to see if she knows where the pictures are because I know she took a bunch.

Anyway, them hanging from the conch shells is really cool even for a non-bug lover like me.

Nature at your front door is always cool.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i live in london ,,,everything is cool and interesting ,,
https%3A%2F%2Fhistoricroyalpalaces.picturepark.com%2FGo%2Fu0UOVB6h%2FV%2F3269%2F29

tower of london gets me everytime still .... and i see it at least twicw a week ,,, its a motherfucking castle ... so much history ,,, and a plaque marks the actual spot where anne boylen (and others ) was beheaded

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
tower of london gets me everytime still .... and i see it at least twice a week

So familiar to you. So foreign to most of us.

Very cool.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
i live in london ,,,everything is cool and interesting ,,
https%3A%2F%2Fhistoricroyalpalaces.picturepark.com%2FGo%2Fu0UOVB6h%2FV%2F3269%2F29

tower of london gets me everytime still .... and i see it at least twicw a week ,,, its a motherfucking castle ... so much history ,,, and a plaque marks the actual spot where anne boylen (and others ) was beheaded

After seeing that picture I went to Wiki and read about it.

Wow, that's quite a history..........anyone reading this that sin't aware of the history should go read the highlights because it's fascinating as hell even if you aren't really a history buff.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After seeing that picture I went to Wiki and read about it.

Wow, that's quite a history..........anyone reading this that sin't aware of the history should go read the highlights because it's fascinating as hell even if you aren't really a history buff.
The tours the yeoman are absolutely fascinating too I’ve done them a couple of them .... they have a chapel called St. Peter ad Vincula where Anne Boleyn ,Catherine Howard and lady Jane grey are buried ..