Something better than 710am?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Ok, so I'm an LA native and love listening to everything Rams related. However apparently our official Rams sports talk radio doesn't share my enthusiasm when it comes to the Rams. I would say they talk 90% NBA, 5% Baseball, 3% Hockey, 2% Rams. I CAN'T STAND IT! I miss STL radio where they would spend hours going over game film, OTA's, Mini camps etc. I think AM570 Talks more Rams even tho they are the official Chargers station.

Is there another talk show/Radio station/pod cast that I can listen to weekly to avoid hearing about shit I don't care about? I swear if I hear them talk about who the Lakers might draft or something about Jerry West I'm gonna stab my ears with sharpened pencils.

:banghead:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ok, so I'm an LA native and love listening to everything Rams related. However apparently our official Rams sports talk radio doesn't share my enthusiasm when it comes to the Rams. I would say they talk 90% NBA, 5% Baseball, 3% Hockey, 2% Rams. I CAN'T STAND IT! I miss STL radio where they would spend hours going over game film, OTA's, Mini camps etc. I think AM570 Talks more Rams even tho they are the official Chargers station.

Is there another talk show/Radio station/pod cast that I can listen to weekly to avoid hearing about crap I don't care about? I swear if I hear them talk about who the Lakers might draft or something about Jerry West I'm gonna stab my ears with sharpened pencils.

I feel your pain Bro!! We need a good Radio station! Does anyone know If McVay, has a show in the works, like Fisher had!?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

Is there another talk show/Radio station/pod cast that I can listen to weekly to avoid hearing about crap I don't care about? I swear if I hear them talk about who the Lakers might draft or something about Jerry West I'm gonna stab my ears with sharpened pencils.

Give it a season especially under this regime. Once the Rams start ramming their way to victories they will be ramming their way into the airwaves....Then you might feel differently.(y)

One thing about the media is they like a good story.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

You read my mind. When they do talk a little rams, their bashing Goff. I am now listening to audio books. More DeMarco please.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Yeah, it's frustrating listening to 710 in the morning. Even if they start a story about the Rams or the NFL, George, or LZ will immediately steer the conversation back to the Lakers or NBA. I find myself tuning to 1090 the San Diego station. The guy in the morning seems to talk more football.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's the deal. St Louis and other small town radio stations do coverage better on single teams, even when they suck, because entertainment options are limited compared to LA, NYC. I made a couple of threads exactly like this one , last year, but have since stopped listening to any LA station for the Rams at all, because they drive me fukking NUTS!

I actually listen to a Philly sports radio station, even though I live in Kansas (never have lived in Philadelphia), Why? Because even though they are a big city in a megalopolis, they retain a crazy fanaticism for the Iggles and it's endearing to me. I started when we traded Bradford for Foles, and I missed that coverage and the guys are crazy funny. They are sure that Carson is the second coming of Dan Marino, which cracks me up!..lol. As for LA, the only way we get that singular homer-ific coverage we crave is for the Rams to buy/create a Rams station in LA (with everything else being secondary). I have resigned myself to the fact that LA radio will only follow the Rams like we want, when the Bandwagon is full and the team is headed for the Super Bowl.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They gotta win baby.....why do the Lakers stay in the news after a terrible 3 year run? They won.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They gotta win baby.....why do the Lakers stay in the news after a terrible 3 year run? They won.
Announcers are NBA and Raiders fans..Even if the Rams win a Super Bowl or two, they'd rather talk about the Lakers draft prospects than the Super Bowl MVP, Jared Goff....

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Announcers are NBA and Raiders fans..Even if the Rams win a Super Bowl or two, they'd rather talk about the Lakers draft prospects than the Super Bowl MVP, Jared Goff....

I think you're right on about this.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yeah, it's frustrating listening to 710 in the morning. Even if they start a story about the Rams or the NFL, George, or LZ will immediately steer the conversation back to the Lakers or NBA. I find myself tuning to 1090 the San Diego station. The guy in the morning seems to talk more football.

Yeah they always seem to find a way to come back full circle and talk NBA. It makes me crazy, I think I'm going to write their producers and complain, not that it will do much but it's probably more productive than me complaining and doing nothing about it.
Hopefully in the near future once the NFL HQ opens in Inglewood we get more NFL coverage.
:icare:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
L.A Radio SUCKS! It is all formula and is the same shtick on all the stations.
Lakers have been losers for years yet the coverage is endless. L.A Radio is reactionary meaning they will not cover the Rams to our liking until they become more of a story. The early 2000's were great here but now it is just like all mainstream trying to be more accessible and less specialized. Pure commercial garbage I say.

Last edited:

bnw

Pro Bowler
Unless the NFL is the sole sports option in a city it is difficult to maintain interest throughout the year and that goes for during the season too though obviously you have the next opponent to talk about and injuries etc. This time of year there isn't anything of real substance to discuss that hasn't been rehashed over and over. Other sports have long seasons of games while the NFL has a short season with a long week between games. That is very difficult to maintain for radio for one team, especially a 4-12 team of dismal recent history.

All those sports entertainment options in LA are competing and this team won't compete unless they win. Such is the price of LA. I haven't seen any JT Q&As in quite a while so I guess St. Louis radio has more or less flipped the team off? It is sad because I used to enjoy listening to 101 FM with Bernie, Randy, DeMarco etc. as well as Bryan Burwell on another station. As mentioned before the Rams may have to buy their own station if they want to be the main focus on a radio frequency.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Unless the NFL is the sole sports option in a city it is difficult to maintain interest throughout the year and that goes for during the season too though obviously you have the next opponent to talk about and injuries etc. This time of year there isn't anything of real substance to discuss that hasn't been rehashed over and over. Other sports have long seasons of games while the NFL has a short season with a long week between games. That is very difficult to maintain for radio for one team, especially a 4-12 team of dismal recent history.

All those sports entertainment options in LA are competing and this team won't compete unless they win. Such is the price of LA. I haven't seen any JT Q&As in quite a while so I guess St. Louis radio has more or less flipped the team off? It is sad because I used to enjoy listening to 101 FM with Bernie, Randy, DeMarco etc. as well as Bryan Burwell on another station. As mentioned before the Rams may have to buy their own station if they want to be the main focus on a radio frequency.

I used to listen them daily. Even in the offseason they would talk Rams, even when they went 1-15, while it wasn't very fun to listen all of the time it was nice to hear Sports radio be so dedicated to actual sports talk. Here, it's like listening to a bunch of rambling overgrown kids reminisce about the gold ol days. Don't forget them adding in their political views and race baiting pretty much every discussion. ugh!!

I also don't know that it's necessarily true that you have to be just an NFL city to have good sports talk. Take STL for example. Huge baseball and hockey town but spent a lot of their time talking Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to listen them daily. Even in the offseason they would talk Rams, even when they went 1-15, while it wasn't very fun to listen all of the time it was nice to hear Sports radio be so dedicated to actual sports talk. Here, it's like listening to a bunch of rambling overgrown kids reminisce about the gold ol days. Don't forget them adding in their political views and race baiting pretty much every discussion. ugh!!

I also don't know that it's necessarily true that you have to be just an NFL city to have good sports talk. Take STL for example. Huge baseball and hockey town but spent a lot of their time talking Rams.

I mentioned Philly as an example of a big town that talks Eagles/NFLnon-stop...They are starting to talk more Sixers because of Ben Simmons and the draft pick this year, but the fall back is ALWAYS the Eagles. 101ESPN would talk Rams beyond just the no-knowledge generalizations that drives me insane with LA Talk radio. They would concentrate on position groups, and talk to Clayton, Schefter, and old coaches about all things Rams..all year...Again, Philly does this, so fukk the excuses in LA.

LA radio idiots like to act like they are "too cool for school" talking about the Rams. They need to fire every pro-Raider's a-hole and hire Rams/Chargers guys and tone down the Lakers/Clippers cr@p (I know, this will never happen, but a guy can dream...FUKK the NBA!:puke:)

EasyE

Starter
Here's the deal. St Louis and other small town radio stations do coverage better on single teams, even when they suck, because entertainment options are limited compared to LA, NYC. I made a couple of threads exactly like this one , last year, but have since stopped listening to any LA station for the Rams at all, because they drive me fukking NUTS!

I actually listen to a Philly sports radio station, even though I live in Kansas (never have lived in Philadelphia), Why? Because even though they are a big city in a megalopolis, they retain a crazy fanaticism for the Iggles and it's endearing to me. I started when we traded Bradford for Foles, and I missed that coverage and the guys are crazy funny. They are sure that Carson is the second coming of Dan Marino, which cracks me up!..lol. As for LA, the only way we get that singular homer-ific coverage we crave is for the Rams to buy/create a Rams station in LA (with everything else being secondary). I have resigned myself to the fact that LA radio will only follow the Rams like we want, when the Bandwagon is full and the team is headed for the Super Bowl.

I have the same experience.... got hooked on philly radio after Foles deal.....

bnw

Pro Bowler

The issue is the many sports entertainment options in LA. So many that the Rams are not considered interesting enough to be given time. If there was indeed interest in LA there would be ample media coverage....and truth is what coverage the Rams are getting in LA is commensurate with the level of LA fan interest. Sometimes the truth just hurts. In St. Louis the Rams always received ample coverage because they were 1 of 3 pro sports teams in a much smaller market. Made it great for us fans to always get a reliable offering of Rams news and updates and lots of discussion. Apparently in LA, not so much.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The issue is the many sports entertainment options in LA. So many that the Rams are not considered interesting enough to be given time. If there was indeed interest in LA there would be ample media coverage....and truth is what coverage the Rams are getting in LA is commensurate with the level of LA fan interest. Sometimes the truth just hurts. In St. Louis the Rams always received ample coverage because they were 1 of 3 pro sports teams in a much smaller market. Made it great for us fans to always get a reliable offering of Rams news and updates and lots of discussion. Apparently in LA, not so much.

How about the Philly example?

bnw

Pro Bowler
How about the Philly example?

My guess is that the Phillies, Flyers and 76ers suck, so........that leaves the Eagles? One team will usually capture the attention of the local media and in the case of Philadelphia its the Eagles. In St. Louis the Cardinals will always get coverage year round since there is always ample fan interest. Since 1892 (actually before) and still going strong. In LA there are other teams that have captured the attention of the media. If there truly was the interest amongst LA fans for the Rams that I read some here claim there would be ample coverage. Unless the Rams win you might well see the Chargers getting more coverage.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My guess is that the Phillies, Flyers and 76ers suck, so........that leaves the Eagles? One team will usually capture the attention of the local media and in the case of Philadelphia its the Eagles. In St. Louis the Cardinals will always get coverage year round since there is always ample fan interest. Since 1892 (actually before) and still going strong. In LA there are other teams that have captured the attention of the media. If there truly was the interest amongst LA fans for the Rams that I read some here claim there would be ample coverage. Unless the Rams win you might well see the Chargers getting more coverage.

Naw...The Eagles are just the most beloved team in town, that has never won the big one. The Phillies have won two World Series(last in 2008), The Fliers won back-to-back Stanley Cups in the 1970's. The Sixers have won three NBA Championships, the last was in 1983.
The Eagles? They have never won a Super Bowl. They won a NFL Championship in 1960, but no one remembers that, and few count that as anything before the AFL/NFL merger. I have heard many Eagles fans say they would take one Super Bowl with the Eagles, over any two Championships with the other pro teams. The Phillies won in 2008, and yet they have the least love of any of the four teams.. Face it, this goes against your theory of a big city with other major sports franchises having other things to do....not just in Philadelphia (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC, New York), and they go crazy for a team with less success than the Rams, and they talk about them ALL year.

Last edited: