Something about Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It started in the Chiefs game and has slowly regressed over the next several games. He is not right. We all said that we were glad the bye came when it did because it would give him a chance to rest and heal...he hasn’t. Sean seems to be using him as a decoy as much as he can, but I think that’s backfiring a little. Anyone with a discerning eye can see he does not have the explosiveness he had before that awkward tackle against KC. If Todd isn’t right, should we keep playing him?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Something "was wrong with him" his second year too. Turns out it was the players around him. OL has been struggling, everything starts up front.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
More jet sweep motion! It worked last night with Woods as a decoy and as a runner, but McVay abandoned it early. Get that going and a screen game with Everett and Higs out the back door and you can get these D's to back off and play a more conservative and predictable D IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
More jet sweep motion! It worked last night with Woods as a decoy and as a runner, but McVay abandoned it early. Get that going and a screen game with Everett and Higs out the back door and you can get these D's to back off and play a more conservative and predictable D IMO.

Teams have been disregarding that jet sweep motion, btw, on some snaps. And now they're rolling up their coverages tight too, well, since Kupp went out.

So yeah maybe burning dudes with it a bit more would help. But I think the greater problems are OL play and our young QB making big mistakes. The inaccuracies from time to time would be ok, but it's the turnovers he needs to fix.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Teams have been disregarding that jet sweep motion, btw, on some snaps. And now they're rolling up their coverages tight too, well, since Kupp went out.

So yeah maybe burning dudes with it a bit more would help. But I think the greater problems are OL play and our young QB making big mistakes. The inaccuracies from time to time would be ok, but it's the turnovers he needs to fix.

Absolutely need better O line play, I agree with you. Kupp seemed to know how to adjust his routes to be that quick outlet on blitzes or short yardage situations. I'm sure this will keep McVay up late at night this week trying to come up with the answers. Sullivan has trouble with good interior players. Cox was pushing him all over the field last night. Really highlights the importance of quality C play.