Someone help me find the light

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Supporting a crappy team like the Rams is character building. I genuinely believe that.

If someone (we'll call them person A) had supported the Patriots over the last 15 years (especially if person A's formative years came during that time) then there's a good chance that person A is now a spoilt little turd. Once Brady and/or Belichick retire and the Pats come back down to earth, person A will seriously consider jumping ship to whichever team is good at that point because they can't handle the adversity of supporting a crappy team. Person A won't have had their loyalty tested during the last 15 years. Lots of current Seahawks fans are person A. These spineless attributes that person A exhibits will almost certainly carry over into his or her personal life.

Now, @NJRamsFan, just like the rest of us here, you have endured watching one of the crappiest teams in sports over the last decade plus, yet you're still here. You, my friend, are person B.

Person B is loyal to the end. Despite being let down by his team over and over again, his personality refuses to allow him to give up. You take your licks but you pick yourself up again and go into the next fight with optimism.

Keep the faith brother. Our time will come and even if that success is short lived, the pain and suffering leading up to it will make it all the more valuable.

Here endeth the lesson. Go in peace to batter and humiliate the Seahawks.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 190]Screenshot_20160917-131903 by BatteringRambo posted Sep 17, 2016 at 2:21 PM[/GALLERY]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think the people of the St. Louis area cared alot more than you may think. But thats in the past now.

Blaming the city on the losing is like blaming the woman for being raped. The last 5 years before the Rams came to St Louis were horrible. Yeah there will be much more media pressure to do well, but that doesn't make Fisher a better coach or Kroenke a better owner.
Not sure he was talking about the Rams fans in St Louis. More that media and the rest of the country didn't care if it weren't for the GSOT days. No one can blame the fans of St Louis for getting burned out on the product they were being asked to support. But those that still turned out, rocked the house.

Supporting a crappy team like the Rams is character building.
I have heard that I have a huge "character".

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Crank it

And if you feel that you can't go on. And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe and you can't go wrong.
In the light you will find the road. You will find the road

Oh, did you ever believe that I could leave you, standing out in the cold
I know how it feels 'cause I have slipped through to the very depths of my soul.
Baby, I just want to show you what a clear view it is from every bend in the road.
Now listen to me
Oh, whoa-whoa, as I was and really would be for you, too, honey
As you would for me, oh, I would share your load.
Let me share your load. Ooh, let me share, share your load

And if you feel that you can't go on
In the light you will find the road

Though the winds of change may blow around you, but that will always be so
When love is pain it can devour you, if you are never alone
I would share your load. I would share your load
Baby, let me, oh, let me

In the light
Everybody needs the light.
In the light, in the light, in the light

Light, light, light, in the light
Light, light, light, in the light, ooh, yeah

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@NJRamsFan - Hard to say anything but keep up the faith. At some point it just HAS to get good - right? I've been a Ram fan for 48 years and it certainly has come with a great many lows. But still, I see those horns and it's all over baby. I can't get excited about any other team.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I feel your pain, man. My thinking is just having hope that our talented roster will reach their potential at some point this season, overcoming the incompetencies of our coaching staff if need be.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
The bright side is we're about to go 15-1 in spite of Fisherball, on the heel of a Jared Goff comeback tomorrow.

Go RAMS!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I can't tell you how many times, over the years, someone has said to me--"Why don't you get another team?"

Family members, friends.

I have several standing invitations to join the Eagles Nation.

But I always tell them the same thing: "It's too late to save me now. Try to help others. Leave me alone to my own personal hell."

Then I go sit in a warm bath and cry for several days.

That usually helps.

But, no--I really tell them that I would never change teams. I've been a fan since 1972. They didn't have computers--at least for the home--when I became a fan. They didn't have cell phones, they didn't have microwaves, DVRs, or DVDs or CDs or a hundred other things.

Everything changes--and you can't stop it.

But can't I have one thing that I can hold onto? Can't I have one steady thing? Something from my past that follows me through life? I embrace this team--these horns and feel as though they are more than just a rooting interest, they are part of who I am--a shared history. Has it been all rainbows and lollipops? Nope.

But I will never forget them FINALLY winning the Superbowl--how it felt to have been with them all those years and see it happen. There was a certain satisfaction I could not have felt if I had jumped to a team earlier and watched that team win. I will have that for the rest of my life. It's special.

They may never win another one in my lifetime, and I will get emotional, and frustrated, and curse them, and call for Fisher to be fired, and criticize them, and just feel sick about awful games like they just had on Sunday.

But the team isn't ALL there is to my life. There are many things. Some things work out--some don't. That's life.

No team is bigger than your life.

Enjoy the great moments. They are only moments.

And always know that the bad moments can change. They do--even if it sometimes takes a lot of time.

There is tendency to personalize a loss. People look at you and snicker. Your team sucks.

Well--humor them. I may even be self-depreciating about it all. You can bet most sports fans get it deep down. They've been there. We've suffered as Rams fans for a long time. But that will only make the good times better when they get here.

And they will get here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah the Rams are like a bad girlfriend, you know, the one who you know you can't trust but you still gotta find out the hard way, then even though your friends are smackin you upside your head you still want to tap that $h!#.

All teams have their ups and downs though. You could jump to the Patriots only to see Belicheat retire, Brady suffer a season ending injury, and endure a decade of failure. Only safe way to avoid it is to be a bandwagoner, but that sucks because you can't tell me those guys ever really feel the joy that your team winning can bring like we felt during the GSoT years.

I just defuse that whole need to have my team win. I mean, which team I follow literally has nothing to do with whether they win. All my teams are LA and when one of them sucks I endure it and hope the next sport season can deliver. Hockey will be tooling up soon, so usually the Kings help me get over the bad Rams seasons. Wasn't always like that but we do have the occasional Fall Classic to look forward to. Hang in there man.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Crank it

And if you feel that you can't go on. And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe and you can't go wrong.
In the light you will find the road. You will find the road

Oh, did you ever believe that I could leave you, standing out in the cold
I know how it feels 'cause I have slipped through to the very depths of my soul.
Baby, I just want to show you what a clear view it is from every bend in the road.
Now listen to me
Oh, whoa-whoa, as I was and really would be for you, too, honey
As you would for me, oh, I would share your load.
Let me share your load. Ooh, let me share, share your load

And if you feel that you can't go on
In the light you will find the road

Though the winds of change may blow around you, but that will always be so
When love is pain it can devour you, if you are never alone
I would share your load. I would share your load
Baby, let me, oh, let me

In the light
Everybody needs the light.
In the light, in the light, in the light

Light, light, light, in the light, ooh, yeah

Favorite Zep Album. Side 2 to be specific.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
@NJRamsFan

My man, let go of the Rams as they were and embrace the Rams as they are.

Goff is going to be Goff good.

He is elite.

He will win for us.

Have faith.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I just defuse that whole need to have my team win. I mean, which team I follow literally has nothing to do with whether they win. All my teams are LA and when one of them sucks I endure it and hope the next sport season can deliver. Hockey will be tooling up soon, so usually the Kings help me get over the bad Rams seasons. Wasn't always like that but we do have the occasional Fall Classic to look forward to. Hang in there man.
Kinda there with you. I was always an LA sports fan. I still am except for my Ducks (who lost to Mannion's former coach today). I stayed with the Rams because even though they were the St Louis Rams, they were still simply the Rams in my heart.

I still follow all the LA teams win or lose. I don't care one bit about soccer or sports like the WNBA but if an LA team is playing, I will still watch. Unfortunately (for now as they WILL start winning again), the Rams are by far my biggest love in sports. I have so much of my entire life intertwined with them as a third generation Rams fan raising the fourth. From getting a full Rams uniform when I was 5, to watching games in my Grampa's living room, to going to watch games with my dad in the confines of the sunny Coliseum, to going to games up in Seattle with my dad and friends, to going to the home opener in the Lou with my two boys, my dad, and several of you. I will be a Rams fan until my ashes are spread.

I want the Rams to win as much as anyone and more than almost anyone I know. But winning only makes me a happier Rams fan. Losing will never make me a fan in search of another team.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Will still be a Rams fan even if Goff busts or if Fisher signs an extension after a losing season. It's just hard to passionately cheer for the team and support the NFL as the years go on.

That's all I have to say.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We all feel you bro. I tried to give up on this team after watching them in Baltimore last year and took much deserved heat for it.

Tis what it is my friend. It's a marriage. For better and for worse. We have been on the losing side for the better part of the 37 plus years I have been a fan of this team. Can't quit em. Can't do it. The horns will rise again. 2019 would be poetic. 79,99,2019. Go. RAMS!!!