Someone help me find the light

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm finding it increasingly hard to support this team in manner in which I have been since I can remember. And no this isn't a "sky is falling after 1 week" rant because I'm sure we will play enough good football for me to go into next season with a heart full of ignorant hope. But once again...we are the same old rams. Bunch of talent that never seems to take the next step. Just flashes here and there.

I was a default cowboys fan for the first 7 years of my life because my dad is a die hard and at that age I liked whatever he liked. But in 1999 I found my 8 year old self mesmerized by Marshall faulk and have bled blue and gold ever since. And ever since then minus the 2000 season we have been either mediocre or down right bad. I've reached a point where it's like what am I putting myself through why continue to root for a team that can't get out of its own way.

And now we're in a position where Goff either becomes Aaron Rodgers good or we are going to continue to suck for another decade. Don't get me wrong as you all know i have thought very highly of Goff for a long time now but those expectations are hard for anyone to achieve regardless of talent. And now i continue to lose faith in our head coaches ability to help Goff reach that potential... let's face it almost every quarterback coming into the league drafted that high has immense talent. But, a huge part of realizing that potential falls on the surrounding circumstances. We have a coach stuck in the wrong decade and no real outside threats.

Idk I feel like I'm in a shitty relationship that I know is no good for me but I can't let go of because of history.

FRO

Legend
The future of the Rams is 100% on Goff. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but if he flops, then there may be another stretch like we saw in 2007-2011.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hang in my friend. I am much like you. A bit older. I have hung back and remained silent since the move. Taking a wait and see stance. I am to old to switch horses now. I wish I had some words of wisdom but I don't. Just know you are a quality Rams fan and we need more like you.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't imagine they will be as bad as what we witnessed Monday or it will be a very long year . I love talking football but I live dead center in Steeler nation . There hasn't been much to talk about the past few years and I avoided all my buddies this week although I got a few texts to ask me what happened . What can you say but they stunk it up big time . On to the Hags .

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't give up hope, its only the first game.

Cheers!

1296962_1280x720.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't think you have a choice. If it was easy you'd already be gone.

It's like a relationship. There's ups and downs.

Rams for life

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We are still fans and that right there says enough, I don't think its going to be as bad as it was over the last 10-15 years . L.A. will not allow this team to be irrelevant for a decade, that alone makes me feel better. Even though they looked horrendous last week, people still talked and made a big stink out of it. I think those expectations will help this team get better, it wont be like St Louis where no one cared if they sucked or not. I have high hopes, Defense is young , O-line is young, Gurley will be one of the greats, and our QB is still only 21 years old. I wanted Wentz over Goff but I see Goff's potential and he needs time to grow and mature, I cant imagine myself at 21 years old leading a locker room of grown men.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the people of the St. Louis area cared alot more than you may think. But thats in the past now.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The future of the Rams is 100% on Goff. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but if he flops, then there may be another stretch like we saw in 2007-2011.
I don't think it completely falls on Goff for the success of this team. Yes, the QB is critical for the success of the any team, but to put 100% of this on him is unfair. There are still missing pieces to this team. We still need at least one deep threat receiver that will stretch the field. The O-Line still has issues, and my hope is as they become more "seasoned" so the running game will provide consistency, as well as, providing him protection in order to make plays. We still need some LB'er and secondary help. We've all questioned some of the coaching decisions/play calling at times, but does our current system fit him? He is definitely a work-in-progress and we need to give him time to develop into the QB we have been missing since Warner and "early" Bulger (until he was "Bulgerized.") I truly believe he will be a great QB, but it's going to take some time as well as getting him the right support teammates. Kroenke is not about to invest $2+ Billion into a stadium only to have it half-full every game.

FRO

Legend
I don't think it completely falls on Goff for the success of this team. Yes, the QB is critical for the success of the any team, but to put 100% of this on him is unfair. There are still missing pieces to this team. We still need at least one deep threat receiver that will stretch the field. The O-Line still has issues, and my hope is as they become more "seasoned" so the running game will provide consistency, as well as, providing him protection in order to make plays. We still need some LB'er and secondary help. We've all questioned some of the coaching decisions/play calling at times, but does our current system fit him? He is definitely a work-in-progress and we need to give him time to develop into the QB we have been missing since Warner and "early" Bulger (until he was "Bulgerized.") I truly believe he will be a great QB, but it's going to take some time as well as getting him the right support teammates. Kroenke is not about to invest $2+ Billion into a stadium only to have it half-full every game.
I agree that the rest of the offense needs to get better, but with trading all those picks for Goff it will be much harder to do. If they improve the supporting cast and Goff sucks, then you're stuck with a mediocre team still.

FRO

Legend
We are still fans and that right there says enough, I don't think its going to be as bad as it was over the last 10-15 years . L.A. will not allow this team to be irrelevant for a decade, that alone makes me feel better. Even though they looked horrendous last week, people still talked and made a big stink out of it. I think those expectations will help this team get better, it wont be like St Louis where no one cared if they sucked or not. I have high hopes, Defense is young , O-line is young, Gurley will be one of the greats, and our QB is still only 21 years old. I wanted Wentz over Goff but I see Goff's potential and he needs time to grow and mature, I cant imagine myself at 21 years old leading a locker room of grown men.
Blaming the city on the losing is like blaming the woman for being raped. The last 5 years before the Rams came to St Louis were horrible. Yeah there will be much more media pressure to do well, but that doesn't make Fisher a better coach or Kroenke a better owner.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm finding it increasingly hard to support this team in manner in which I have been since I can remember. And no this isn't a "sky is falling after 1 week" rant because I'm sure we will play enough good football for me to go into next season with a heart full of ignorant hope. But once again...we are the same old rams. Bunch of talent that never seems to take the next step. Just flashes here and there.

I was a default cowboys fan for the first 7 years of my life because my dad is a die hard and at that age I liked whatever he liked. But in 1999 I found my 8 year old self mesmerized by Marshall faulk and have bled blue and gold ever since. And ever since then minus the 2000 season we have been either mediocre or down right bad. I've reached a point where it's like what am I putting myself through why continue to root for a team that can't get out of its own way.

And now we're in a position where Goff either becomes Aaron Rodgers good or we are going to continue to suck for another decade. Don't get me wrong as you all know i have thought very highly of Goff for a long time now but those expectations are hard for anyone to achieve regardless of talent. And now i continue to lose faith in our head coaches ability to help Goff reach that potential... let's face it almost every quarterback coming into the league drafted that high has immense talent. But, a huge part of realizing that potential falls on the surrounding circumstances. We have a coach stuck in the wrong decade and no real outside threats.

Idk I feel like I'm in a crappy relationship that I know is no good for me but I can't let go of because of history.
Hang in there Bro ... I have endured many many more ups and downs in my 52 years....

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
"Someone help me find the light"

well @NJRamsFan you are in a bad relationship just like the rest of us. We are married to the Rams and no matter how bad this marriage has been lately or gets this season, we will never be able to turn our feelings off and abandon them.

There are days we will curse and yell at them. Slam the door and walk out on them. Toss the remote and turn off the big screen. As you know though, we always come back home and greet them with open arms no matter how ugly things get.

It really is impossible for a true Rams fan at heart to cheat on this team and fall in love with any of the other 31 NFL brides ready and available to choose from.

Logic told us 2017 was the season that they had a realistic chance to break the .500 mark but many of us had some hope and faith that they could possibly pull it off in 2016. It seem unlikely now but the next 2 games will be much more telling. The light you are looking for is going to be wearing a jersey this Sunday. :cool:

Light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel.jpg

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Blood in, blood out.
If you turn your back on us now, I'll have to handle business.

Q729

Legend
You can't quit. You have too much invested in this team. I know I'm fed up with all the inept play and smirks from people when they see I'm a Rams fan, but I'm not giving up. Sure you can go on watching football and be entertained or jump ship to a winning team, but it won't be the same without the backing of all those invested years. Hang on and enjoy the fruits of our despair. It's coming! It's not like this team doesn't have a history of winning ways! I just wish the Pats would go back to their history of losing ways.