some views of sanu

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXJKIE2jTL0[/youtube]

AB Ram

With Cignetti as the Rams QB coach knowing Sanu well from his Rutgers OC days, it will be very interesting to see happens. Sanu gets high marks from most analysts for his size, strength, physicality, blocking and short routes. He's been questioned for deeper stuff mostly on suspect speed. This new time might be enough to pull him into the late first.

With his positives (size, hands, physicality), he's worth a look at #33 along with Hill. Neither are fully proven but both have loads of potential - enough to pick in the high 2nd. Good review on Sanu at NFP:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=41798

Ramafan

I'm a UofL fan and have seen the guy play in the big east and I can tell you that the people doubting this guy's speed have no clue. Perhaps quicknes in and out of brakes, if you had to pick at smth but NOT physical ability. Great hand, fast, strong, very hard to bring down, runs like a RB. Only worry I have with Sanu is that he has been injured a couple of times and has missed playing time.

SunTzu_vs_Camus

he has very good hands and is a smooth route runner...smooth athlete!

I'd draft Sanu because I think he has the ability to be a gamebreaker and be a #1 WR while at first only being a possession guy. Remember, Sanu has played only 1.5 yrs of WR...he's RAW as can be. When he gets taught the nuances of the WR position...look out!

But Sanu, Blackmon, Floyd ARE better versions than Pettis & Salas.. so I'd take them if they were their and the Rams had them BPA on their board.

12inthebox

Sanu uses his body to seal off a defender - it sounds simple enough but its very difficult to win the positioning battle on something like a simple in route or a slant. Its a skill .... and he has it.

Having said that - he comes out of his routes pretty quickly which does give him pretty good separation. Stick him in an NFL offense with a QB who can put it on target and you have yourself a first round talent.

blueboys69

Sanu would be a great fit in Shotty's offense. He's brings much needed size and has tremendous leaping ability.

Could be a red zone threat.

He could also serve as the Brad Smith-like role. 9 rushing TDs, mainly out of the wildcat.

InvaderRam

the first thing i like about him is his toughness. he's a nasty run blocker. he's got an incredible set of hands. big mitts. the ball just sticks to his hands. he's not very fast, but he's quick for his size. in the combine, he ran 4.22 in the short shuttle and 6.88 in the 3-cone. and he's raw. he played qb in high school and had to make the transition to wr in the pros. and he made the transition pretty fast. i think he's got a lot of upside. as long as he's smart enough, i say you take a chance on that guy.

again, not that fast, but fitzgerald, rice, and bruce have all proven you don't need to be the fastest to be the best.

most might not realize, but he lined up a lot in the backfield his first two years, and he was a tough runner coming out of the backfield - not just as a yac receiver.

most importantly, he's a fisher type player. he's physical and tough. and i'm guessing he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder. i don't think you'll find a tougher receiver in this draft.

i think there's a real good chance he's available in the second.

While IMO he is a less than perfect wide out for a Coryell scheme, he would seem to have a lot of qualities that the HC looks for in a football player....and coach has had good success with Rutgers receivers in the past. I suspect that they'll be interested.

Flipper336

Hill has better upside as a deep threat...barely, that's it. Sanu has much better change of direction, is the best WR in the draft after the catch, and will be the better deep threat until Hill can actually sell a CB that he is capable of running anything other than a deep route.

I watched a ton of Rutgers and never understood the separation concerns. He demanded so much attention but still got enough separation to catch the ball 115 times. Not in a spread offense full of free releases and gimmie smoke screens. Trust me, his QBs were NOT fitting the ball into tight windows.

On run after the catch, I probably only rate Trent Richardson and Bernard Pierce as better runners between the tackles in the entire draft. He shrugs off defensive lineman! RAC isn't just about speed or explosion (which Sanu is has as well) it's also about breaking tackles, no WR does that better in this draft.

He blocks like a fullback, his physicality is unmatched in this WR class and probably the last few.

Sanu is a clear cut 1st rounder for me and my #2 WR. Hill is a 3rd round height/speed project.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like Sanu, and others like him, but in my opinion, the Rams need a zone buster more than anything, even if he is one dimensional. I know that everyone won't understand that train of thought.

I, also, have a little bit of a hard time understanding, barring injury, how a guy can go from a 4.6 to a 4.4. I ran track...and that is a HUGE difference, you can't pick up 2 tenths in a few weeks in a 40 yard dash....that would be a stretch in a 200 or 100.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If he's there in the 2nd, snag him, especially if a WR is not taken in the 1st.