Some thoughts from today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
So, I tried watching the game from my seat and posting in the game thread. What a mess my emotions were on fire like a lot of us. This team is a roller coaster with the way the O plays and the D's lack of consistency.

The game thread was crazy and in the end I love that we are such a passionate group that lets our emotions rip. I just don't like it when we bite at each other even though I know sometimes it feels like we get kicked in the nuts and our lunch money taken at the same time. All we want to do is punch the first thing in site.
I apologize for my part at times today I got frustrated with my bro @Rabid Ram My bad dude

This season is an emotional test for us here (real fans ) we have endured more than our share for 20 years and we now see the opportunity. I think some of us think hey we have a real chance here to put another stamp in the Ram history books and how is it with everything we did in the offseason and in the regular season to date that inconsistent play on 1 side of the ball, unfortunate injuries and well...…...I hate to complain but some seriously questionable calls that would have derailed teams of past may be our equalizer?

In fact I want to share for a second my experience today. I was exhausted and almost wanted to nap and give my tix away to watch at home, of course that wasn't going to happen. We left to the game late didn't tailgate got in in perfect time about 1:00. I decided I was going to watch Coach, the sideline all the things that go on around the game.

This team as much as they seem 2000, or 2001 more than 99 statistically is really a whole other being entirely.
For instance when we come out of the tunnel TG30 is last even after Jared. he is more excited every time I see him. He has embraced the leadership role that isn't entirely natural for him IMO.
When the O is on the field the D is cheering hi fiving or sitting together paying attention to Bum on how to fix things.
The same goes for the D. When the Offense is on the bench the wr's and Jared sit next to each other and talk and seem to have a real relationship.
Greg and Johnny throw the ball around and obviously are buddies Todd hangs with Malcom and they to seem to share thoughts and a friendship.

I know on the surface this is normal team behavior, I am here to tell you it is not. This team is special I don't think Jared and Todd give a Fu.. whether the other team score 60 they are going to bail their bro's out and get 61. These guys believe in the staff in the process in each other and in their destiny.
They are young and they are focused, they are loose and they enjoy each other. This team will continue to grow and continue to fight. This sideline is family and this team wont let their brothers down.....not before a fight.

When AD got into the rest of the boys were their to back him and calm him down. When Coop went down you could see how it killed coach. I was watching with my Binocs and you could see it.When Longacre sprinted off with whatever the hell hand injury he had his brothers stood by.

Oh don't think I don't see them asking their brothers to get their shite together because they do they are demanding of each other.
But IMO this team has 2000 stats and 99 swagger

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I’m a cynical guy and always expect the worst (but always hope for the best). This season and last has been a dream and I think we’re still all adjusting to being winners. And being in games until the very end, win or lose. That said, like McVay, I’m ticked off with the boneheaded penalties from our defense that kept Seattle on the field several times. It didn’t have to be that way—the self inflicted wounds are not what we’re about. I’m disappointed in our defense, although I do think, overall, they’re clutch. I think we all just expect more from such talent. Playing against Seattle is always going to be a bruiser type game and they seem to know how to push our buttons (even us fans).

Nonetheless, despite the plays where we shot ourselves in the foot, we still overcame a talented tough team and had our worst game, penalty wise, this year. Hopefully we can learn the hard lessons, as McVay said, from this W and not from another loss.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
upload_2018-11-11_20-18-8.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You know, after Dick Sherman got cut, Kam Chancellor retired, Martellus Bennett traded, and the rest of their legion of loudmouths got shipped off, I thought maybe...just maybe I could stop the sheer hatred I had for the shitbirds.

Then today happened, and my hate has been restored. Fuck these shitbirds. DJ Fluker...Fluk you. That Britt feller? Push Aaron Donald to his face and see what happens. Fluk you, too.

And Fluk the shitbirds.

dang

Legend
I will have no pity for Shecocks as long as Carroll is their head coach. I also hate (and am a little jealous) of the whole 12th man shtick!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hrmm let's see some random thoughts ah yes...

* Higbee's TD was impressive... A very tough and athletic catch, the kind of catch I wouldn't think he'd make, where he had to flip his body around on the run and track the ball in (he was probably lookin over the wrong shoulder lol but I'll omit all that stuff). Part of the reason why I lose my mind on him when he drops passes. He's also such a good blocker that a lot of teams are going to have a hard time keepin an eye on him in the passing game. It's just really hard to remember those types are weapons when they're on a block you tend to just overlook them.

* Everett also looks so much more comfortable in this offense. I think he is settling in finally with a good grasp of the scheme and he could be that extra passing game threat we need for better red zone potency not to mention making up for Cooper's absence.

* The Rams run game is superb. When they run outside zone vs the right look it's almost automatic that they'll get 4+ yards.

* Tonight's game sort of reminded me of how the 9ers used to look in scrums with us, back in their glory days. Where we'd pull them down into a dogfight and they'd sorta cruise through it by making plays when they needed to in order to win it. Offensively speaking, mind you. It's just an extremely impressive offense.

* Now that I've covered how impressive this offense truly is... Really getting tired of the offense going into a shell late in the game when they have the opportunity to close it out. Happened AGAIN tonight. For the love of F man are you people trying to give me a coronary?

* Goff might actually benefit in terms of his development from not having Cupp down the stretch and into the playoffs. He is going to be more ready to deal with his security blanket not being there due to the stretch he already went without him, and hopefully come playoffs we'll see some unit growth too.

* I don't want to talk about the defense. So tired of how damn terrible they are and after this KC game it's going to be all we talk about.

TexasRam

Legend
Hrmm let's see some random thoughts ah yes...

* Higbee's TD was impressive... A very tough and athletic catch, the kind of catch I wouldn't think he'd make, where he had to flip his body around on the run and track the ball in (he was probably lookin over the wrong shoulder lol but I'll omit all that stuff). Part of the reason why I lose my mind on him when he drops passes. He's also such a good blocker that a lot of teams are going to have a hard time keepin an eye on him in the passing game. It's just really hard to remember those types are weapons when they're on a block you tend to just overlook them.

* Everett also looks so much more comfortable in this offense. I think he is settling in finally with a good grasp of the scheme and he could be that extra passing game threat we need for better red zone potency not to mention making up for Cooper's absence.

* The Rams run game is superb. When they run outside zone vs the right look it's almost automatic that they'll get 4+ yards.

* Tonight's game sort of reminded me of how the 9ers used to look in scrums with us, back in their glory days. Where we'd pull them down into a dogfight and they'd sorta cruise through it by making plays when they needed to in order to win it. Offensively speaking, mind you. It's just an extremely impressive offense.

* Now that I've covered how impressive this offense truly is... Really getting tired of the offense going into a shell late in the game when they have the opportunity to close it out. Happened AGAIN tonight. For the love of F man are you people trying to give me a coronary?

* Goff might actually benefit in terms of his development from not having Cupp down the stretch and into the playoffs. He is going to be more ready to deal with his security blanket not being there due to the stretch he already went without him, and hopefully come playoffs we'll see some unit growth too.

* I don't want to talk about the defense. So tired of how damn terrible they are and after this KC game it's going to be all we talk about.

I agree on so many points.

The game did remind me of when the 9ers used to play us. Our best game just was never enough to beat them because when they really needed to they could close it out verse us. And really our offense is so good you almost know they are going to end up with 35 points one way or another.
It's like that song, "screwed around and shot a triple double". I almost feel our players know they can punch some faces and yell at refs because, go ahead and flag me, we will still win.

But yea Higbee, hes in the league how long and still looking over the wrong shoulder. What a fruitcake.

People wonder what our identity is because Woods has gone down for games and we didn't miss a beat, same with Kupp, and Cooks wasn't even here last year. So what really makes this offense go? 2nd Year in a row tops in the league.

My humble opinion in no order of priority:

1. Offensive Line -Been together healthy for two years.
2. Mcvay System - play action, misdirection, passing concepts against defensive looks.
3. Goff's Accuracy and ability to run the system.
4. Gurley's ability to be excellent in the run, pass and blocking aspects of the system.

Our Identity is our Machine like offense our great special teams and a few players on defense who excel at closing out games.

While Kupp adds a greater level of efficiency to our offense I suspect we will still be scoring over 30 pts a game vs most opponents. The Key Cogs we cannot lose are those 4 stated above, Donald, and Talib when he gets back, if we expect to make a Super Bowl run. Along with our new found edge rusher in Fowler. I was skeptical when we first got him but after reviewing the Saints game a few times and todays game vs the Hawks I'm excited that Fowler may put us over the edge.

I am not looking forward to the Chiefs game but part of me thinks we are the better team once Talib gets back.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
How were you in the GDT and at the game??? I watch from the comfort of my couch and still don't fuck with that game day thread., haha. Can't imagine trying to read that while at the game.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How were you in the GDT and at the game??? I watch from the comfort of my couch and still don't freak with that game day thread., haha. Can't imagine trying to read that while at the game.
I wont do it again period....

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Agree with Higbee. Thought it was his best and most complete game of his career so far. Everett made 2 huge catches and looked good doing it. Hopeful that it's all starting to click for him and he can showcase his ability. The D was sloppy all day with penalties. No excuses for those really. They need to refocus and forget all the after the whistle BS. Do your job and move on.
Bummed about Kupp going down with the ACL. He's going to be hard to replace. I think it's going to be a trio of Reynolds, Higbee and Everett trying to pick up the slack in the offense. As long as Cooks and Woods are healthy they should be alright though. Might even see a sprinkle of Hodge now.

Last edited: