Some stuff on J Smooth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
by Ron Clements, CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/STL

OT Jason Smith switched his number from 77 to 72, his college number at Baylor. “”I’m a new person. Old things have been washed away,” Smith explained. “All things have become new. When the inner man changes, the outer man changes as well. With my job, a lot of things have changed and I’m just happy the number I wore in college was available.”

Jason Smith has missed 19 games over his three-year career because of concussions. Despite that history, the new coaching staff under Jeff Fisher has Smith penciled in as the starter at RT. “I’m focused on being a better teammate and a better football player,” Smith said Friday. “With that being said, I’m really excited I’m a Ram and I’m happy the organization under Coach Fisher’s leadership has kept me around so I can be a part of it and play and look forward to being productive.”

OT Jason Smith is excited to be in Brian Schottenheimer’s offense, which will emphasize the run game. Run blocking is one of Smith’s strengths. Smith lauded the teaching of OL coach Paul Boudreau, citing Boudreau’s previous experience in Carolina and Atlanta. “I really enjoy his knowledge of the game and what he has shown me already,” Smith said of Boudreau.

OT Jason Smith said he doesn’t put any pressure on himself to live up to his draft status as the second player selected in 2009. “My own personal goals are just to be the best at anything that I do and to keep focused on the things that I can control and not worry about what people with a pen in their hand are saying.”

OT Jason Smith on his health: “I feel confident in my preparation up until this point. I’m very excited about just having the ability to show up to work every day. I want to be a part of what we’re doing. In order to do that, you have to be healthy and be on the field. I just keep my focus on things I can control.”

OT Jason Smith said his goal this year, as with previous years, is to play all 16 games. Smith has had concussions in each of the previous three seasons, but said he’s healthy and ready to have a productive season. He’s also thankful that the new coaching staff showed faith in his ability and has him penciled in as the starter at RT.