Some replacement refs were fired.. By Lingerie Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
After the Hall of Fame game in August, Mike Pereira let it slip that Craig Ochoa, the referee who worked that game, had been fired from the Lingerie Football League. The Lingerie Football League—which recently uprooted itself from its US host cities to barnstorm in Canada, the United States, and Australia over the next year—didn't respond to our request for comment on Pereira's charge then.

But now they have, and, boy, oh boy, this is great:

Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games.

If there was ever a reason for a public statement from a third-tier football league at 12:28 a.m. on a Tuesday, tonight's debacle was it. And, yup, Roger Goodell, you just got served. By the commissioner of the Lingerie Football League. Eat it.

http://deadspin.com/5946112/the-lingeri ... competence

Yep. Lingerie football said these guys weren't good enough to ref their games. But the NFL says they're just fine.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That can't be true.

Is that really true?

Can't be.

But holy shit if it is.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
OH, if this is true!!!! Holy cow, what a shit storm!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'd believe it. these replacement refs are abominable. the regualr refs were bad enough but this is just too much for footbal fans to handle.

tonight both the packers and the rest of the nfc west got screwed sideways.

it was bad enough yesterday the refs gave the whiners two challenges and timeouts they didn't have.

tonight all the calls that went the seagulls way in their last two drives made me ill - an interception negated by a horrendous personal foul call for roughing the passer, a PI call that somehow went against the packers on 3rd and forever when it was an obvious offensive PI, and everything about that hail mary throw.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
That can't be true.

Is that really true?

Can't be.

But holy shyte if it is.

Well, it makes sense because these guys were available. Couldnt they have contacted current NCAA refs and asked them about coming up to the NFL? Was that even possible?

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
X said:
That can't be true.

Is that really true?

Can't be.

But holy shyte if it is.

Well, it makes sense because these guys were available. Couldnt they have contacted current NCAA refs and asked them about coming up to the NFL? Was that even possible?

No, the NCAA wouldn't let them poach from them.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
X said:
That can't be true.

Is that really true?

Can't be.

But holy shyte if it is.

No, the NCAA wouldn't let them poach from them.

Ah, I figured that was the case. They would have probably been the best option.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If this is true, then the NFL is going to take a huge hit in the pocket from their TV contractors, because this would clearly fall under material breach, as I'm sure the contracts between the NFL and the broadcasters are loaded with clauses that describe, and guarantee, the quality of the sporting product. If broadcaster lawyers can show that the NFL knew that they were hiring officials who were fired from another league for incompetence, then the broadcast company lawyers are going to have a field day. This is going to cost the NFL billions. If Goodell survives this debacle, it will be a miracle.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've always reserved the Clown Music for john shaw,,, but I now feel it is totally acceptable to play it each and every time Commandant Goodell steps behind any microphone. It is the right thing to do.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
I've always reserved the Clown Music for john shaw,,, but I now feel it is totally acceptable to play it each and every time Commandant Goodell steps behind any microphone. It is the right thing to do.
Well, then, this is for you bud. All one minute and 4 seconds of it.
EDIT: LMAO. It was unintentional, but he looks right at them as they enter the screen (you'll see).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feaT5khuEUA[/youtube]

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Charles Davis JUST conjured the "Tuck Rule" call made by regular officials. Just sayin'

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd buy it if for only one reason. I can't imagine actual qualified refs not only blowing the number of calls they have but simply not knowing the rules or what to do in so many situations that are common occurrences. How could even a total neophyte not know that they are supposed to review ALL turn-overs, you need to have a timeout available to call for a review, plays ruled as NOT TDs don't get an automatic review - just to name a few. It's like Goodell tried to show the real refs up by grabbing any warm body he could find that could jog a bit and knew which end of the whistle to blow on.

The NFL is now a jobs program for the unhireable. Great job guys.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The ref who made the call last night was told that he wasn't ready to ref Division I college football.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
The ref who made the call last night was told that he wasn't ready to ref Division I college football.

Think that may be a slight understatement?

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Think that may be a slight understatement?

No, I mean he literally went to learn and they told him he wasn't ready.

He wasn't deemed good enough to become a Division I college official this summer, according to Karl Richins and his staff of Division I college officials at Stars and Stripes Academy for Football Officials in Salt Lake City.

"I got to know Lance at a June academy I worked at in Reno and when he came to my academy in July," Richins said. "He's a very polite, good Christian gentleman, a good father to his son, Daniel, who was at my academy as well.

"But was Lance ready to work at the NFL level? Absolutely not."

Richins' staff determined that Easley, vice president of small business banking at Bank of America in Santa Maria, Calif., wasn't ready for Division I, the highest level of college officiating, never mind the much faster NFL game.

Richins said the biggest mistake Easley made was agreeing to become a replacement official in the first place. He said Easley has [hil]never officiated at a level higher than Division III and never voiced a desire to reach the NFL[/hil].

"I'm getting e-mails saying, 'Boy, you must be proud,'" Richins told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday. "This is not what we intended for our officiating students to do. We train officials to work at the Division I level.
"At no time do we say, 'We can train you for the NFL.' [hil]After three days at our academy, Lance was determined by our staff not to be ready for Division I officiating.[/hil]"

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/stor ... 57842200/1

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
Selassie I said:
Well, then, this is for you bud. All one minute and 4 seconds of it.
EDIT: LMAO. It was unintentional, but he looks right at them as they enter the screen (you'll see).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feaT5khuEUA[/youtube]

That was priceless
:rofl:

Iron Lion

Starter
I've actually watched a bit of the LFL. It's hard to watch at times because it's real football, but the talent level is low. Also the players are generally recruited locally, so there is no collective pool of talent and so two teams can be very far apart in terms of talent. I've seen a 64-0 score I believe.

That being said, some of the girls are very hot. Mark Rypien's daughter is in it... she is quite sexy and cute, one of the rare ones with a great body and face. Most just have the body.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
dallas_1.jpg

That's his daughter.