Some regular season talk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Whats the consensus on possible injuries to starters who haven't had much or any playing time in preseason?

I'm worried about guys like Long who was obviously rusty and JL55 who played none. You always hear about the soft tissue injuries in camp and preseason as guys have to get there bodies used to the grind. I can see JL55 missing some game time at least for the first 3 weeks getting his body acclimated.

Hope I'm worrying about nothing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Whats the consensus on possible injuries to starters who haven't had much or any playing time in preseason?

I'm worried about guys like Long who was obviously rusty and JL55 who played none. You always hear about the soft tissue injuries in camp and preseason as guys have to get there bodies used to the grind. I can see JL55 missing some game time at least for the first 3 weeks getting his body acclimated.

Hope I'm worrying about nothing.

I'd add Hayes to your list, but our depth obviously minimizes the concern.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd add Hayes to your list, but our depth obviously minimizes the concern.

Wells also and Carrington. I'm sure there are others. JL55 is the one I'm most worried about

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
JL55 has been able to go, he just sat out cause it was preseason....I have no worries about him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Your worrying isn't without merit.
I do hope it's all in vain.

Jl is as durable and reliable as they come. I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have played the last few weeks if it was the regular season.

It's the durability of the o line that concerns me.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I'm not worried about his ankle but rather the dings and nicks that come with getting used to the bodies flying around

SierraRam

Recreational User
I'm worried about guys like Long who was obviously rusty

Any OL injury could be devastating. Pre-season proved we don't have quality depth past Davin Joseph. Relying on the health of Long, Wells and Saffold will worry me all season.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
If the guys you were worried about weren't all seasoned veterans, I would tend to agree with you. But Laurinaitis was practicing before they broke camp last wed. He just hasn't played in the games. Wells didn't miss any time because of an injury, it was an illness right before the start of camp. And he has been back to full participation since the 2nd preseason game. Long may have looked rusty in Cleveland, but I am fairly confident that he is ready.

The only injured players at this point that I have any concern about, are Dunbar. Sims and Hayes. And that is because they just haven't been a part of things for a couple of weeks now. In Hayes' case, most of the entire camp. It was also reported that Sims was in a some sort of a leg brace this week.

Which is why I am starting to think they just may end up keeping 10 DL.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
gimme some pads Coach. throw me in the fire. special teams. ill tear it up! 5'10 175lb 9 % BF

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Just thought of something. Shaun Hill comes from NFC North. He has been game planning against Minnesota twice a year for 4 yrs. He has a damn good feel of Minnesota's players. This I believe is going to be huge for our week one matchup against the Vikes