Some perspective on the win over the Giants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most mainstream media seems to have had the same reaction: the Giants are terrible. People seem impressed with the Rams, but the trend seems to have been to first react to how bad the Giants are.

But the thing is....the Giants were actually playing pretty well from week 3 all the way up through the bye week:

@PHL - it took a last second FG, at HOME, for the "most complete team in the NFL" to beat the lowly Giants

@TB - Bucs aren't a good team, but the Giants lost this on a last second FG, and it was their 3rd road game in 4 weeks to start the year

Chargers - Giants lost this one at home, late in the game - the Chargers keep it close with everyone and this was a game the Giants easily could have won

@Broncos - perhaps the biggest surprise of the year, and the beginning of the end for Denver - the Giants dominated them

Seahawks - score was 10-7 going into the 4th quarter before Seattle scored 2 TDs late

Adding the Lions onto this list to cover all their home games - it was a 17-10 game in the 4th quarter before the Lions scored a TD to seal it

So, a few things here:

First, the Giants were competitive in every home game, and every game of the year aside from week 1 against Dallas until this week

Second, the most points scored against them was 27 - and that includes playing in Philadelphia

Now, maybe the Giants gave up over the bye week - at 1-6, that's certainly a possibility - but another is that the Rams are the best team they faced this year.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
The Giants were a defeated team before they even played the Rams. There was all sorts of talk about the players being unhappy with the head coach not to mention the plethora of injuries. They had nothing to play for just like Houston has nothing to play for since they lost Deshaun Watson and Watt. There really isn't much glory in these wins. The Rams did what they're supposed to do, go out and play good fundamental football.

After the Houston game the Rams have two legitimately good football teams in Minnesota and New Orleans. Those are the types of teams you use as measuring sticks not teams that are just playing the season out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Most mainstream media seems to have had the same reaction: the Giants are terrible. People seem impressed with the Rams, but the trend seems to have been to first react to how bad the Giants are.

But the thing is....the Giants were actually playing pretty well from week 3 all the way up through the bye week:

@PHL - it took a last second FG, at HOME, for the "most complete team in the NFL" to beat the lowly Giants

@TB - Bucs aren't a good team, but the Giants lost this on a last second FG, and it was their 3rd road game in 4 weeks to start the year

Chargers - Giants lost this one at home, late in the game - the Chargers keep it close with everyone and this was a game the Giants easily could have won

@Broncos - perhaps the biggest surprise of the year, and the beginning of the end for Denver - the Giants dominated them

Seahawks - score was 10-7 going into the 4th quarter before Seattle scored 2 TDs late

Adding the Lions onto this list to cover all their home games - it was a 17-10 game in the 4th quarter before the Lions scored a TD to seal it

So, a few things here:

First, the Giants were competitive in every home game, and every game of the year aside from week 1 against Dallas until this week

Second, the most points scored against them was 27 - and that includes playing in Philadelphia

Now, maybe the Giants gave up over the bye week - at 1-6, that's certainly a possibility - but another is that the Rams are the best team they faced this year.
I agree with you. I watched those Seattle and Broncos games. NYG defense was respectable coming in. What i mean is they passed the eye test as a D that could get after the QB and make some plays.
They got obliterated on Sunday.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The Giants were a defeated team before they even played the Rams. There was all sorts of talk about the players being unhappy with the head coach not to mention the plethora of injuries. They had nothing to play for just like Houston has nothing to play for since they lost Deshaun Watson and Watt. There really isn't much glory in these wins. The Rams did what they're supposed to do, go out and play good fundamental football.

After the Houston game the Rams have two legitimately good football teams in Minnesota and New Orleans. Those are the types of teams you use as measuring sticks not teams that are just playing the season out.

True. It's hard to believe that the results would have been as dramatic if Odell Beckham and Janoris Jenkins were playing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We discussed the Giants before this game, that they had a locker room in disarray and the impact of losing Jenks for the game vs the Rams. Their defense was straight bad, and when you pair a bad defense against our offense it's going to be a recipe for what we saw.

And as far as them taking cred away from the Rams with the focus on how bad the Giants are, I'm actually good with that. I don't want to see this team favored going into the games against the teams like the Vikes, Shehawks, or Eagles. I prefer they be underdogs and the Rams stomp a mud hole in their @$$es while the media struggles to explain it.

James Otto

Starter
Here's the thing - sure, occasionally a beatdown team like the Giants, will go blown out by a decent or better team. But I am tired of the media and others discounting what the Rams are doing.

We destroyed the Colts.
We destroyed the Cards.
We destroyed the Giants.

We are going to destroy the Texans - it's going to be ugly.

Average or OK teams don't do this type of thing on a regular basis.

+108 point differential, people.

Los Ramos are Super Bowl contenders. Nobody wants to play a team that scores 33 PPG and gives up only 19 PPG.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I think we are forgetting that the Eagles may not be who we think they are. As I mentioned they have struggled this season to win some games, and the Giants game was telling enough. Also when you have Barwin who just recently came from the Eagles can give some extra insight on what to expect, and possibly Ted Rath could lend a hand since he was @ Detroit when Schwartz was HC.
Use
687474703a2f2f692e67697068792e636f6d2f6c33393649596d6a7a484b6751376237712e676966

Oh I forgot to mention they also have Mike Groh as a WR coach. Ha

Ram65

Legend

So, a few things here:

I tried making a case for the Giants with similar points. Saw the Eagles and Hags games where they played better than their record. The Eagles game took the wind out of their sails. The mounting injuries and Jenkins suspension left them undermanned with talented players. It was good and easy win for the Rams. It should have been a good and easy win for the Rams.

bluecoconuts

Legend

I pointed that out in the "What Giants fans are saying" thread based on comments from the team and players, they were talking like it was offseason.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
There is a reason why the Giants are 1-7. They suck and they lost too many impact players. You can make a case for how close their games were earlier in the season but the only stat that matters in the NFL are wins and losses. Sure, the Eagles may have had a close game with them but it was a division battle. The same happened to us against San Fran and they haven’t won a single game. I’m even betting the whiners get their first win against the lowly Giants this weekend.

The Rams did what they were supposed to do. They showed their dominance against a weak team. That is exactly what they need to do again this week. They deserve very little credit for these games because if you are a good team, you don’t lose to the gutter teams. We will not see teams like this in the playoffs (if we make it). We deserve credit if we beat Philly, NO, Minnesota, and most importantly Seattle.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Here's the thing - sure, occasionally a beatdown team like the Giants, will go blown out by a decent or better team. But I am tired of the media and others discounting what the Rams are doing.

We destroyed the Colts.
We destroyed the Cards.
We destroyed the Giants.

We are going to destroy the Texans - it's going to be ugly.

Average or OK teams don't do this type of thing on a regular basis.

+108 point differential, people.

Los Ramos are Super Bowl contenders. Nobody wants to play a team that scores 33 PPG and gives up only 19 PPG.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I know everyone is on a high right now from the the 3 game win streak but lets not forget any team can win any given sunday. I wont sit here and say we're going to blow out Houston, why? Because that's what sets you up for a hard loss. Should we win? Yes, but lets not count our chicks before our eggs hatch.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I see a 12-4 finish at this point. Beating Hou, Tenn, Ariz, and SF. Splitting NO, Minn, Philly and Seattle.