Some personnel changes I'd like to see

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
He also gave up a sack last week.
And your point being what?
Everyone does. Cunningham has done some very good things at big times. And so has Stacy. They highlighted Stacy's protection yesterday working w/ Barksdale. It was a great thing to see how they worked together. But I was just (initially....) pointing out to above poster about the positives. But if we split hairs we can find all sorts of flaws..... I know you are smart enough to name off a dozen as can I. That's not my point.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to see Long-Robinson-Wells-Saffold-Barksdale.

I want to see Trumaine back on the outside with Gaines covering the slot and Joyner at FS.

I want to see Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin get more work on the outside.

I want to see more of Aaron Donald.
This...This...THIS!!!

jjab360

Legend
And your point being what?
Everyone does. Cunningham has done some very good things at big times. And so has Stacy. They highlighted Stacy's protection yesterday working w/ Barksdale. It was a great thing to see how they worked together. But I was just (initially....) pointing out to above poster about the positives. But if we split hairs we can find all sorts of flaws..... I know you are smart enough to name off a dozen as can I. That's not my point.
Stacy only gave up 1 sack all of last year. My point is that pass protection is more about the plays you don't make than the ones you do. And so far Cunningham has not been as consistent as Stacy in that area. I'm assuming from the gist of your first post that you were implying that Cunningham was the better pass protector..?

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Stacy only gave up 1 sack all of last year. My point is that pass protection is more about the plays you don't make than the ones you do. And so far Cunningham has not been as consistent as Stacy in that area. I'm assuming from the gist of your first post that you were implying that Cunningham was the better pass protector..?
I think you are reaching on this one jjab.....
The statement was: "To be honest...Benny Cunningham and his 3.3 yards a carry hasn't really impressed me. I wouldn't propose to take Stacy's snaps away..." And I pointed out the 3.3 yards per carry wasn't the only reason he was out there. Stacy seems to be quite content to come out. (or that maybe a coaching decision....) But Benny sure seems to be in there on a lot of big pass plays. I was not "comparing" either one. Just pointing out, Cunningham had other value than his yards per carry. Stacy seems to go out into the pattern, a lot more when he's in there on a passing down.

jjab360

Legend
I think you are reaching on this one jjab.....
The statement was: "To be honest...Benny Cunningham and his 3.3 yards a carry hasn't really impressed me. I wouldn't propose to take Stacy's snaps away..." And I pointed out the 3.3 yards per carry wasn't the only reason he was out there. Stacy seems to be quite content to come out. (or that maybe a coaching decision....) But Benny sure seems to be in there on a lot of big pass plays. I was not "comparing" either one. Just pointing out, Cunningham had other value than his yards per carry. Stacy seems to go out into the pattern, a lot more when he's in there on a passing down.
This:
Stacy isn't bad. But look at the game yesterday. The couple that really stand out were Cunningham. He also did a job on David last week on the Pettit catch.
sounded like you were comparing the two to me, but I guess I was wrong..

…..

Legend
I didnt zero in on Zac Stacey's pass blocking, but I did notice the few touches he got, he ran like a MAN.

I was very impressed with his effort. Only 65 yards but they were 65 tough yards, with him dishing out the toughness.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I didnt zero in on Zac Stacey's pass blocking, but I did notice the few touches he got, he ran like a MAN.

I was very impressed with his effort. Only 65 yards but they were 65 tough yards, with him dishing out the toughness.
You're damn tooting he was! He was running pissed off out there. 12 carries at 5.4 ypc confirms your eye balls. At that rate he would have topped 100 yards on just 19 carries.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I understand continuity is a big part of offensive line play...but I'd really like to see Robinson and Barnes get some playing time over Joseph and Wells.

I'd like to see Mason get a chance to get a few carries behind Stacy.

Austin Davis has simply shocked me with his play these past two weeks. He was very efficient in the Tampa game...yesterday I think he played more than efficient and simply made plays. With Davis our offense has been the steading force while the defense is struggling...I think if the offensive line play would steady itself even more and a better change of pace option like Mason could potentially extend another drive or two in the games relieving a little more stress from the defense.

You know, even with Stacey running 5.6 YPC, they didn't run much. 42 pass to 30 rush. I would have loved to see the Rams control the ball more and eat up time. Honestly, I think you could plug Watts into trick running plays designed for TA and he would excell. Not Cook though, what the hell was that call?!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Offense was fine...some huge mistakes but overall fine....And I am not a fan of Joseph or Wells....
We need to ramp this defense up...and find someone that speaks Greg Williams-ese

Athos

Legend
You know, even with Stacey running 5.6 YPC, they didn't run much. 42 pass to 30 rush. I would have loved to see the Rams control the ball more and eat up time. Honestly, I think you could plug Watts into trick running plays designed for TA and he would excell. Not Cook though, what the hell was that call?!

Terrible interception wouldn't have happened if Cook had caught the easy TD pass or if Harkey had picked up the blitzer effectively. And Hill threw a terrible interception against Minnesota(although the injury can be argued as a contributing factor).

Just sayin'.

It was a coaching fail not to dial up some runs after Dallas made it 27-24. Stacy balled hard. Didn't get nearly enough rushing touches.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd like to see them leave this OL alone. Don't change a thing, let this group continue to settle in and play together. The protections have been good, and are a big part of what we have seen in the passing game. I want to see GRob get in there and kill it, but honestly at this point I am really enjoying good protections and since pass pro is likely where he'd struggle most let him work with Coach Bou until he's ready to go.

Defensively, well... the only personnel change I could throw out there is Dunbar. He doesn't look like himself to me, or what I expected. I could see him getting phased out and replaced by one of the younger guys as this season progresses.

Other than that I am eagerly awaiting Tru's return. I think he's gonna give this secondary a big boost.

ShaneFalco

Stacy is definitely #1. You can tell when he comes out, our offense kind of stalls sometimes.

The problem is with our safeties. They are the one glaring weak spot on our defense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I want to see Long-Robinson-Wells-Saffold-Barksdale.

I want to see Trumaine back on the outside with Gaines covering the slot and Joyner at FS.

I want to see Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin get more work on the outside.

I want to see more of Aaron Donald.

Cosign

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Hill at QB, Quick-Britt-Bailey the top 3 WRs, Robinson and Barnes at LG and C. On defense, Aaron Donald at DT, and either Lamarcus Joyner or Cody Davis at FS...