Some numbers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
Let's enjoy them without having to mention the obvious caveat of a small sample size...

The Rams have:

The number 2 scoring offense in the NFL.
The number 10 offense by yardage.
The number 8 offense by passing yardage.
The league lead in sacks.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
  • An undefeated record
Superbowl champions confirmed /s

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Let's enjoy them without having to mention the obvious caveat of a small sample size...

The Rams have:

The number 2 scoring offense in the NFL.
The number 10 offense by yardage.
The number 8 offense by passing yardage.
The league lead in sacks.
And that against one of the best D's in football.
AND 3 turnovers that cost us more points!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The biggest number for me was the minus-2 turnovers. Overall teams with that +2 advantage win over 80% of the time -- and that includes the entire quality spectrum of teams. So really the best teams probably win closer to 90% with turnovers, giving the Rams only perhaps a 10% chance to beat the defending NFC champs, and they did. Very impressive. Imagine what this team can do when it minimizes mistakes or actually gets some lucky bounces some day.

As we know the defense scoring is skewed by the 14 points from special teams/turnover, so in reality the D only gave up 17 points. The defense only gave up 4.3 yards/play. Overall a solid performance. Only bummer is giving up over 100 rushing yards -- however, Seattle had to work for it with only 3.9 yds/carry, and take out the Russell Wilson scrambling yards and it looks a lot better. Considering Seattle's rushing strength here, the Rams defense was solid against the run.

I like your offense stats. Kind of amazing the Rams were able to rack up such gaudy numbers despite a bad running game -- 76 yards, 2.9 per carry isn't gonna cut it. But again have to give a nod to the strong opponent, and I thought Bennie actually looked good. He gave enough spark to keep the defense honest and open up the passing success. Still, no running game can kill (see New Orleans), it definitely has room to improve.

Which might be the most exciting thing -- it was a big win but by no means a fluke of the Rams playing perfect or getting lucky. What a great feeling to be 1-0 against a tough division rival and the Rams still haven't come close to playing to their potential.

PFaulk

Rookie
Name
Dan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No crap!?! How many total yards do we have?

For all of the fawning over the Patriots offense on Thursday night, the Rams missed their mark by nine yards.

And they outscored them.

Against a far superior defense.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

For all of the fawning over the Patriots offense on Thursday night, the Rams missed their mark by nine yards.

And they outscored them.

Against a far superior defense.

And all this without 3 of the top playmakers on offense in Quick, Mason, and Gurley. My god man what will we do to weaker defenses when this line really comes together and we get those 3 back?? The future is bright.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Now we have to do something we have not been to good at over the last few years, follow it up against a team we should have an advantage against and show we play every quarter every week. This will really get things rolling and send a message.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
No letdown in Wash this is a team that if you let them hang around they will beat you.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The biggest number for me was the minus-2 turnovers. Overall teams with that +2 advantage win over 80% of the time -- and that includes the entire quality spectrum of teams. So really the best teams probably win closer to 90% with turnovers, giving the Rams only perhaps a 10% chance to beat the defending NFC champs, and they did. Very impressive. Imagine what this team can do when it minimizes mistakes or actually gets some lucky bounces some day.

As we know the defense scoring is skewed by the 14 points from special teams/turnover, so in reality the D only gave up 17 points. The defense only gave up 4.3 yards/play. Overall a solid performance. Only bummer is giving up over 100 rushing yards -- however, Seattle had to work for it with only 3.9 yds/carry, and take out the Russell Wilson scrambling yards and it looks a lot better. Considering Seattle's rushing strength here, the Rams defense was solid against the run.

I like your offense stats. Kind of amazing the Rams were able to rack up such gaudy numbers despite a bad running game -- 76 yards, 2.9 per carry isn't gonna cut it. But again have to give a nod to the strong opponent, and I thought Bennie actually looked good. He gave enough spark to keep the defense honest and open up the passing success. Still, no running game can kill (see New Orleans), it definitely has room to improve.

Which might be the most exciting thing -- it was a big win but by no means a fluke of the Rams playing perfect or getting lucky. What a great feeling to be 1-0 against a tough division rival and the Rams still haven't come close to playing to their potential.
And don't forget all the Starters we had out! Wait until we're at full strength!!:D

A55VA6

Legend
Here's a stat from yesterday that I like. Especially for those who say Chris Long is getting too old and unproductive (I've heard that alot, not around ROD though)

Rams QB pressure vs. Seattle:
13 QB hurries
6 QB hits
6 sacks.
DE Chris Long had 6 of the Rams' 13 hurries.