Some NFL observers predict big things for Cooper Kupp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They'd grab speedy JAGs and make them productive in that role (Robert Meachem, Joe Morgan, Devery Henderson, etc.).

The Saints had Stills too, however, I don't totally disagree with your assessment and I actually believe the Rams have a couple that can get deep in Austin & Reynolds. I'm anxious to watch this scheme come preseason, but realize, it will take some time, but anythings has to be better then what went on last year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Football observers? They quote Shraeger, who is more of a reporter/news guy and some guy whose opinion is disqualified by how he backs it up.

How does someone think this is news?

Maybe we will start reading more news about message board posters, "In other news, a guy by the name of Elmgrovegnome, from the Rams on Demand site, is having a fence dispute with his neighbor. He has high hopes for Nelson Spruce and for the first time since 83', really liked the Rams draft!"

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I worry about all this hype - I love what Kupp brings to the table, I just don't want him to be a marked man before the season starts.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Let's just say the Cooper Kupp is half full around the league.
200.webp

Memphis Ram

Legend
The Saints had Stills too, however, I don't totally disagree with your assessment and I actually believe the Rams have a couple that can get deep in Austin & Reynolds. I'm anxious to watch this scheme come preseason, but realize, it will take some time, but anythings has to be better then what went on last year.

And a match-up nightmare who garnered a lot of attention in Jimmy Graham at TE for 5 seasons (BTW, Pats have had attention grabbing match-up nightmares at TE, too). Hopefully, the Rams will have that benefit this season, too.

But, for all the talk of scheme either way, like Brady in New England, the All-Pro QB in New Orleans (Brees) is the real difference. Not any scheme or group of targets.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It's a play on the famous quote from Catch me if you Can.
Love that movie.
The real Frank Abagnale lives here in my town.
He looks way more like Dick Cheney then he does Leonardo DiCaprio.
He does commercials and acts like he's some kind of legit human being.
The guy IS loaded though, proving crime does pay.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
That won’t happen, writes Sosa Kremenjas of Turfshowtimes.com, a Rams social media and news website. Kremenjas points out that the Bleacherreport.com ranks the Rams receiving corps third-worst in the league post-draft.[www.spokesman.com]

One amateur website quoting another amateur website...

Classic...

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
So you can show me another player drafted that had Pro Bowl and All Pro receivers as well as NFL defensive backs volunteer how good they think Kupp is going to be?

I don't understand your criteria you are asking, but Steve Smith Sr. said Cooper Kupp was the top receiver in the draft. He is a former All Pro and Pro Bowl receiver making that statement.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I worry about all this hype - I love what Kupp brings to the table, I just don't want him to be a marked man before the season starts.

I agree, I would rather him be Under the Radar than Hyped so much he cannot live up to expectations.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm starting to buy into Kupp...just seen a video with Farr and Simmons saying he's been the stand out in OTAs can't wait to see him in preseason

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I usually don't buy into the offseason hype when it comes to rookies. I'm more of wait and see guy. Seen these fluff articles too many times. But I do have this feeling about Kupp. He's got some serious moves in and out of his breaks. I can see him being the one guy who can step up and contribute his rookie season.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
All I hope out of Kupp so far is that he'll be a key contributor to improving our abysmal 3rd down conversion rate.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't understand your criteria you are asking, but Steve Smith Sr. said Cooper Kupp was the top receiver in the draft. He is a former All Pro and Pro Bowl receiver making that statement.

Just an FYI. He later said that Corey Davis was the top WR in the draft.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I agree, I would rather him be Under the Radar than Hyped so much he cannot live up to expectations.

Same here - keep the pressure off and perform on game day.

Hype = High expectations = Easily Disappointed

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Look ... if you have guys who run GOOD routes and have GOOD hands, you don't NEED to have a total "deep threat" guy. You need guys who !) know how to run routes and get open and 2) Have good and consitent hands. .. and you WILL have guys open, catching balls and moving the chains. "How does that happen?" you might ask ... well you can still stretch a defense by making sure that guys are where they need to be when they need to be and can actually catch the ball. 90% of defenses don't have great DB's across the board. I'm sure McVay is going to look at what we got and scheme for their strengths. Guys will be open, as long as 1) the OL is decent and 2) we actually have a running threat.

Football 101 ... don't let them key on one thing to beat you. Be versatile and efficient.

Ram65

Legend

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Look ... if you have guys who run GOOD routes and have GOOD hands, you don't NEED to have a total "deep threat" guy. You need guys who !) know how to run routes and get open and 2) Have good and consitent hands. .. and you WILL have guys open, catching balls and moving the chains. "How does that happen?" you might ask ... well you can still stretch a defense by making sure that guys are where they need to be when they need to be and can actually catch the ball. 90% of defenses don't have great DB's across the board. I'm sure McVay is going to look at what we got and scheme for their strengths. Guys will be open, as long as 1) the OL is decent and 2) we actually have a running threat.

Football 101 ... don't let them key on one thing to beat you. Be versatile and efficient.

We're gonna have 4 running threats AT THE SAME TIME!

Gurley, Dunbar, Rogers, and Davis. COME ON MCVAY! BRING THEM ALL OUT AT THE SAME TIME!!!