Some mid-round options

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Here are some guys that I like for mid-round possibilities, say, rounds 4-6.

Joe Kruger, DE, Utah: Big guy, 6' 6" I believe. Mostly a passrusher, but, could add some bulk and rotate inside as well. With a big frame and long arms could be a nice addition inside on some passing downs to get pressure or knockdown some passes. Even though we have our top three guys at both DT and DE I think we need to add another D lineman in the draft, Kruger a guy who has the potential to rotate in both inside and outside.

Ty Powell, OLB, Harding: Not sure where he is projected, probaby around round 5 or so. Good build, pretty fluid....we need LBs.

Aaron Melette, WR, ELon: 6' 3" 217lbs, 4.4 40 time, projected 5th-6th round. I expect we will add 2 wrs in this years draft. Getting a guy in the later rounds I think it is good to look for a guy with something a little different (unusual speed or better than average size) as what is left at this point is either guys with average size and speed (possesion guys)....almost every guy in the late rounds will have holes in his game. I would rather have a project that is big and or very fast than a project that is a possesion guy, we already have a good possesion WR. So, Melette has good size and based on what I have read is a good route runner. Even though he posted a 4.4 40 he is a "slow starter" with his speed, a guy that gradually get up to speed. So, lacks explosiveness.

Rodney Smith, WR, Florida State: 6' 5", 225 lbs, 4.4 40 time, projected 6th round. Again, a decent option for a late round WR addition to our draft. Offers great size and good speed. The knock of him is he is weak and plays weak. A very thin 225lbs. So, get him in, build him up, lift and eat, lift and eat, a project. But, could very much fit the role that Cook was signed to fill. A fast guy at 6' 5" and say 250 lbs with decend hands would be a find.

Add any other mid-round guys you are interested in....

wolfman84

Rookie
Zavier Gooden, OLB, 4th

Sanders Commings, CB, 5th

Michael Williams, TE, 6th

You mentioned Ty Powell. Interesting prospect. He played DE in College but started at QB and CB in high school. Couldn't find too much more on him. Did you get a chance to see him play?

duckhunter

Starter
Only saw Kruger once but he made plays and stood out.

Here's some Midwest mainly guys mid to UDFA

LB Cameron Lawrence is a guy from Miss ST that has athleticism and two years of good production.
Late round guy but Miss St that has a good program and produces good players.

LB A J Kline Iowa St is an instinctive backer with good tackling skills for SLB. He's good against the run but needs improvement in pass coverage.

DT Will Campbell Mich 6' 5" 320 is huge and had a lot hype but only played one season. He's a run clogger that is immoveable.

I'll post some more later.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"You mentioned Ty Powell. Interesting prospect. He played DE in College but started at QB and CB in high school. Couldn't find too much more on him. Did you get a chance to see him play?"

A friend that is a coach told me about him. I have read some things, similiar to what you said. I heard him described as a unique player. I saw Kruger a couple of times and he always stood out to me.

jap

Legend
. . . and don't forget one Marcus Lattimore, who might be a real prime-time steal like last year's Janoris Jenkins if his knees are mending well.

I love how Fish & Snead are swinging for the fences with Jake Long, Jared Cook, & William Hayes in FA. I expect them to do the same in the upcoming draft - go for the qual(ity) over the quan(city). :cool: