Some La Canfora shtuff on the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason ... a/20723343

[textarea]Rams expect Amendola and other key starters back after the bye

When the Rams lost top receiver Danny Amendola in Week 5 to what appeared to be a fractured clavicle, the injury was not only potentially season-ending but also life-threatening. The way Amendola's bone popped internally nearly ruptured his trachea and aorta. Yet Amendola dodged the bullet and was able to return to practice this week. The wideout is listed as questionable for Sunday's game in London, but the team has actually been pointing to a return after next week's bye, in time to face current NFC West leader San Francisco on Nov. 11, team sources said.

The Rams also expect that two of their top offensive linemen, tackle Rodger Saffold and center Scott Wells, will be back for that game as well.

Wells has barely even played for the team -- the key free-agent acquisition was placed on the IR/Designated to Return list in Week 1 after fracturing his foot -- but is progressing well and on track to come back after the bye. Saffold has barely played this season either, suffering a neck injury in Week 1 and then a knee injury in Week 2, however team sources said he is on track to return after the bye as well.

The offensive line has been a particular [hil]concern[/hil] for the Rams, with quarterback Sam Bradford constantly under duress, and getting two veteran starters back would be huge as they try to stay in the NFC West race in the second half of the season.[/textarea]
[textarea]Overall, there has been little trade chatter, even for role players, general managers said. “I haven't heard a thing,” said one GM who has been a willing deal-maker in the past. “It's crazy.” Said another aggressive GM: “I haven't heard a thing, honestly.”

However, several of those same execs said they would not be surprised if little-used back-up running back LeGarrette Blount of the Bucs was dealt by 4 p.m. Tuesday. [hil]They also pointed to St. Louis receiver Steve Smith as a candidate[/hil] and a backup quarterback like Colt McCoy (Cleveland) or Matt Moore (Miami), should a club like Arizona feel it needs to make a move with Kevin Kolb injured and John Skelton struggling.[/textarea]
[textarea]Some big-name players have been talked about internally by other teams -- [hil]Rams running back Steven Jackson[/hil], Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe, Titans running back Chris Johnson -- but the likelihood of a trade for any of them is extremely remote, given their salaries and approaching availability on the free-agent market. Jackson has been banged up this season, and makes $7 million. Assuming the remainder of that deal would require significant investment for a 29-year-old player whose deal voids at the end of the season. Furthermore, you would have to entice the Rams with enough value in trade for them to believe it's worth more than the compensatory pick they would receive from the league for his departure.

“Those are very difficult trades to make,” one NFC exec said. “Budgets are set, so to get your owner to spend another $3 million on a veteran, now, in October, for a rental, that can be a tough sell.”[/textarea]

bluecoconuts

Legend
Good news about getting some guys back.

Would not be shocked if Steve Smith was traded. I would be if Jackson was though.

Speeps

Starter
I'll be shocked if either Smith or Jackson were traded. Smith has not shown much and both Steven Jackson and the Rams seem determined to make the marriage work.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Speeps said:
I'll be shocked if either Smith or Jackson were traded. Smith has not shown much and both Steven Jackson and the Rams seem determined to make the marriage work.
I hope they aren't going to trade Jackson, Smith? well Hakeem Nicks is hurt and Smith knows the Giants offense, his cap number might be a deterrent ,IMO the trade deadline is too early