Some good news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Nerd.
Congrats dude. School has never been my thing. I can't sit in a class room for more then 45 minutes without wanting to blow my brains out.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Good stuff, I'll be finishing my undergrad finance degree in December. I'm already sick of school as you see from how I went from an honors student (3.8 GPA) in high school to a mediocre college student (2.9 GPA)

bluecoconuts

Legend
Nerd.
Congrats dude. School has never been my thing. I can't sit in a class room for more then 45 minutes without wanting to blow my brains out.

Gotta find something that interests you man, I was the same way until I found something I was passionate about. Shit, I was kicked out of my high school for poor grades and had to go to a continuation school to graduate.

School isn't for everyone, but there's a subject for everyone. Just gotta do the cost analysis, to see if it's worth it to you.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Gotta find something that interests you man, I was the same way until I found something I was passionate about. crap, I was kicked out of my high school for poor grades and had to go to a continuation school to graduate.

School isn't for everyone, but there's a subject for everyone. Just gotta do the cost analysis, to see if it's worth it to you.
What if football is my subject? Lol I'm taking a scouting class if that counts haha

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No PhD plans now. Maybe down the line I might reconsider.

As for work, IDK yet. I've applied to some places but haven't heard back yet. It'll work out tho.

You know how to get a guy with a Master's in Environmental Science off your front porch????

pay him for the pizza!

Good job and thanks for sharing the good news. Maybe now you won't be angry LOL.

bluecoconuts

Legend
What if football is my subject? Lol I'm taking a scouting class if that counts haha

Hey, whatever works, right? I got into astrophysics because I just stared at the sky when I was in Afghanistan. It was just a mind blowingly beautiful thing in such a shitty place.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
congratulations and best of luck to you with your career.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Says the guy with a Transformer in his avatar. :whistle:

Good stuff, I'll be finishing my undergrad finance degree in December. I'm already sick of school as you see from how I went from an honors student (3.8 GPA) in high school to a mediocre college student (2.9 GPA)

Yeah it can be tough. I wasn't gonna go grad school, but I realized that if I had the chance, get the high degree early. I didn't want to be the 40 year old dad taking college courses.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well done mate, go and enjoy a small drink to celebrate.

Small? WTF??? o_O Time to tie one on. :D

Ultimately I like to do consulting, but I'm open to anything right now.

Applied to a local energy company today before the ceremony tho. See where that goes.
It's Party Time!:D:party::banana::rockon::cheers:
drunk-smiley-emoticon.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Gotta find something that interests you man, I was the same way until I found something I was passionate about. crap, I was kicked out of my high school for poor grades and had to go to a continuation school to graduate.

Totally agree. I almost failed high school myself. I got more out-of-school suspensions than most of the kids at high school combined. I flat out told my history teacher that he was a fucking idiot when he "taught" us about Christopher Columbus and how he was the "first one to discover America." Hell, I actually was on the verge of failing my English class because I wasn't interested in grammar and couldn't understand it (shocking, I know).

Cue a community college and small writing classes that were once a week. Now I'm a couple of classes away from a Writing Certificate. Nobody at my three high schools would have believed it. None of my teachers thought that I was going anywhere.

You just have to find something that you love.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Congrats Angry!! I wish I was as scholarly as some of you. I got booted from HS a couple of months before graduation. One half of a credit shy. Was so pissed. Went and got the GED the week I would have walked (my GOD those tests were simple). Kicked around in some bands and lived a crazy life until I was in my early twenties, then decided to get a job. Got into the tech thing in the late 90's and have been doing it ever since. Not to sound like "the guy", but I make more than probably 90% of my friends with degrees.

I am not trying to say that those degrees aren't an awesome thing to have, I was just rambling on about how I went down a different path. I have been taking classes here and there over the years and hope to finally finish by bachelors next year. Sr Network Engineers make bank where I live (MD/DC/VA), and I happen to be pretty good at it, but I won't lie and tell you I am passionate about it!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well done! That's some serious years of study!

Congratulations.

...with the average IQ of the forum around 50, you're pulling our average up.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Congratulations.

Hahaha nice.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Congratulations.

Hey, at least we're only mild, with some adult supervision we can mop up Burger King.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Congratulations.

Duh errm uhm 50? 50? Thems somes ov thems there fancy letturs I dunt undurstand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Congratulations. I wish I had changed my major to Environmental science. I really had my apprehensions about Landscape Architecture and despite my professors reassurances they all came to fruition with the first major recession.