Some Blackmon Hate

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
According to Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki, some NFL general managers have second-round grades on Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon.

The Vikings don't seem to be one of them, as ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported Minnesota is considering Blackmon as early as the No. 3 pick. "There are GMs who have graded him in the second round," Nawrocki claims. "They do not believe he has the speed after watching every stitch of tape on him in the last two years. He’s not especially physical, and a he’s not a blazer." Nawrocki also said teams became concerned when Blackmon flew to Las Vegas after Oklahoma State's bowl game, rather than take the charter back to school

Y'all know Im not a fan of drafting Blackmon at #6. I dont think he's that good and has limited potential. IMO he belongs in the 10-15 range, however suggesting that teams wouldnt draft him until the second round is a bit ridiculous.

Id like to know what you guys think? Also Im not familiar with this Nawrocki guy. Anyone know if he's any good?

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ill balance my OP with a little Blackmon love. Charlie Casserly, who is more reliable than that other kat, has Blackmon ranked as the 5th best prospect.

1) Luck
2) RG3
3) Kalil
4) TRich
5) Blackmon
6) Claiborne
7) Barron
8) Kuechly
9) Poe
10) DeCastro

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:
According to Pro Football Weekly's Nolan Nawrocki, some NFL general managers have second-round grades on Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon.

The Vikings don't seem to be one of them, as ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported Minnesota is considering Blackmon as early as the No. 3 pick. "There are GMs who have graded him in the second round," Nawrocki claims. "They do not believe he has the speed after watching every stitch of tape on him in the last two years. He’s not especially physical, and a he’s not a blazer." Nawrocki also said teams became concerned when Blackmon flew to Las Vegas after Oklahoma State's bowl game, rather than take the charter back to school

Y'all know Im not a fan of drafting Blackmon at #6. I dont think he's that good and has limited potential. IMO he belongs in the 10-15 range, however suggesting that teams wouldnt draft him until the second round is a bit ridiculous.

Id like to know what you guys think? Also Im not familiar with this Nawrocki guy. Anyone know if he's any good?

Only thing I remember about this Nawrocki guy is that controversial scouting report he did on Cam Newton. He was the one that said Cam has a fake smile, and doesnt command respect from teammates.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
JdashSTL said:
Only thing I remember about this Nawrocki guy is that controversial scouting report he did on Cam Newton. He was the one that said Cam has a fake smile, and doesnt command respect from teammates.

So... He sounds like a winner.

This report maybe BS then. IDK how many true sources this guy has. Nonetheless, I found the polarity in Blackmon grades interesting.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Nawrocki also said teams became concerned when Blackmon flew to Las Vegas after Oklahoma State's bowl game, rather than take the charter back to school

I have heard nothing about this. I also dont understand why he cant expand on this. You can draw many different conclusions from just saying someone went to Vegas lol.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm usually iffy on reports coming out about top 5-10 picks being graded as 2nd rounders. Especially when that player is the best at their position. Sometimes people just want a player to drop so their team has a shot at grabbing him.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
I'm usually iffy on reports coming out about top 5-10 picks being graded as 2nd rounders. Especially when that player is the best at their position. Sometimes people just want a player to drop so their team has a shot at grabbing him.

Well Floyd certainly isnt far behind Blackmon. Theyre neck and neck. A lot of scouts will also say Wright has the best tape of any WR. He's limited tho because he projects as a slot WR.

I think the difference in the top 3 WRs is rather negligible.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
libertadrocks said:

I don't believe any of the pre-draft noise this close to the draft. Too many agents & team front offices with alterior agendas placing stories in order to try and sway public support, as if that's going to sway GM draft selection decisions.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
People rate prospects differently. It' really as simple as that. Plenty of people thought Cam would be a disaster, for instance. That is why that I like to rate players myself.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
No matter what experts say about I guarantee he gets drafted in the top 7 he brings a toughness that a lot of WRs don't bring his a great blocker and takes pride in doing it the running game willimprove for the rams or any team

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
People rate prospects differently. It' really as simple as that. Plenty of people thought Cam would be a disaster, for instance. That is why that I like to rate players myself.

You nailed that. Opinions differ even among the best scouts. Same with the head coach and GM on the same team. It's all subjective. And a lot of these experts put out contrary opinions just to get air time and mentions in other print media.
I look at them myself then decide.

Blackmon is really good. I put him toward the bottom of some of these other great Big 12 WR's that's came out the last 3 years.
Crabtree
Bryant
DX.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Blackmon is a BEAST!! And whoever drafts him will have a pro bowl WR for years to come.
JMHO.

GO RAMS!!!!