Softli's one-on-one with Rams tight end Jared Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Maybe I am misreading him but it appears Cook has terrible body language on the field. It seems he has gotten the message regarding blocking, not always pretty but at least there is good effort there now. Amazes me he had to buy into that. Now, if he can get the concept of coming back to a ball and work on his hands.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Cook's been my biggest disappointment this year! He's had enough time in the league to know what to do, yet doesn't do it! Should be the go to guy, yet isn't. Frustrating to me that he's not been a big factor in the games!

jap

Legend
Well, we need to keep in mind that Jared has never had to be the Man before on any NFL receiving crew. So I believe he is still growing up with respect to expectations of top receivers.

I see what others have been saying about him expecting to play in a spread offense. However, I don't see how playing in such an offense absolves him of the responsibility of keeping defenders off the ball carrier. Tavon and Chris Givens are former RB's. Even if all Jared provides is screening/interference-type blocks where he just gets in defenders' way, that could make the difference between a short to long gain---even a TD.

Still, I like the fact that he is making an effort now. he needs to get that blocking into his system now; so when Sam the Ram returns next year he will be a more complete (hence, more dangerous) player.