Softli with some interesting comments about Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man, what the hell is up with Pead? He's starting to make me look bad for talking him up all off-season. Around 1:22 into this interview Softli talks about how Pead mentioned about playing for other teams if it doesn't work out here, and how he still has that "deer in the headlights" look from time to time.

I mean, he also says that he has a ton of talent and can play at this level, but there's other shit going on with this dude that is effecting his confidence apparently. For now, it seems, Richardson is the CLEAR #1 on this team (which is fine with me), but Pead sounds like he doesn't have the head for this game if he can get this dejected and already see defeat on the horizon that he's looking down the road towards a fresh start somewhere else.

[101]https://soundcloud.com/101sports/what-posistions-will-tony[/101]

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Yeah, I heard Pead on 101ESPN.

That kid has some issues. Not the first time he said some crazy stuff. I worry about his mental makeup.

He had said he hated football a few months ago. Just crazy talk for a guy trying build a career in the NFL.

I think you may be able to get away with being a head case if you are super talented like Ricky Williams, but not if you're Pead.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Man o man, to think that Pead and Watkins could have easily been Bobby Wagner instead. What could have been.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Context behind the comments?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Elmgrovegnome said:
Man o man, to think that Pead and Watkins could have easily been Bobby Wagner instead. What could have been.
Yeah, that was a numbers game (gamble) that may not pay off. Hopefully Ogletree will let us all forget about Wagner, and the light turns on for Pead so that it still ends up a win for the Rams. It's unfortunate, but the problem with Watkins and Pead may have nothing to do with talent.

It's apparently difficult to scout a guy's will to succeed.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Elmgrovegnome said:
But Pead was selected 3-picks AFTER Wagner?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#d ... nd-input:2</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Who knows. It had Softli AND Duncan confused about why he would even mention playing for anyone else though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stranger said:
Elmgrovegnome said:
But Pead was selected 3-picks AFTER Wagner?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/tracker#d ... nd-input:2</a>
We traded the #45 to Chicago to move down, and we got their 5th in return.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
Who knows. It had Softli AND Duncan confused about why he would even mention playing for anyone else though.
If someone asked him about not starting here, or not playing, I can see him saying something to the effect that he will play somewhere and be successful. He could have been hounded about Fisher saying that Richardson was the starter.

He definitely appears to have some maturity issues. It's too bad, but I am still not counting anybody out BEFORE a preseason game...only a day away...has even been played. I don't think that what he said in any context will play well with Fisher though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
If someone asked him about not starting here, or not playing, I can see him saying something to the effect that he will play somewhere and be successful. He could have been hounded about Fisher saying that Richardson was the starter.

He definitely appears to have some maturity issues. It's too bad, but I am still not counting anybody out BEFORE a preseason game...only a day away...has even been played. I don't think that what he said in any context will play well with Fisher though.
Yeah, we'll see. I'm not writing him off either. Especially since I've spent the better part of 4 months trying to talk people into recognizing my brilliance about him being the starter this year. lol. He definitely has the talent, and I *still* haven't seen anyone move like him since Faulk, and reports are his pass blocking has really come along, so.... yeah. We'll see how it plays out. There's just too much "weird" coming out of stories about him lately.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Yeah, we'll see. I'm not writing him off either. Especially since I've spent the better part of 4 months trying to talk people into recognizing my brilliance about him being the starter this year. lol. He definitely has the talent, and I *still* haven't seen anyone move like him since Faulk, and reports are his pass blocking has really come along, so.... yeah. We'll see how it plays out. There's just too much "weird" coming out of stories about him lately.
I think it will take all of one time that Richardson doesn't adequately protect Bradford that he gets pushed down for someone that will.

If you remember we gave away a major tell last year. Every time DRich was in, we ran it.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
X said:
Elmgrovegnome said:
Yeah, that was a numbers game (gamble) that may not pay off. Hopefully Ogletree will let us all forget about Wagner, and the light turns on for Pead so that it still ends up a win for the Rams. It's unfortunate, but the problem with Watkins and Pead may have nothing to do with talent.

It's apparently difficult to scout a guy's will to succeed.

Well stated X.

Those guys do have talent. I actually had a better view of Rok than Pead going into this season. I hope I'm wrong about Pead, but he sure sounds to me like he doesn't have the mental makeup.

Thing is, I doubt DRich makes it though 16 games without missing some games, so Pead will get his chance to start this year, regardless of how good DRich looks.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
IMO. This is the media trying to create a news story rather than reporting it. This actual interview is posted in another thread and Softli's comments don't put this statement into context. I also take exception to a lot of what Softi said regarding Pead "getting his reps with the 2nd unit. He couldn't be MORE wrong.

And for him to say that Richardson is getting "about 85% of the reps" is just ridiculous. That's one of the things I watch during EVERY practice (for all positions) and document who is getting reps with each unit. Isaiah Pead has ROTATED with Richardson virtually 50/50 with the FIRST TEAM OFFENSE. Same thing with Austin Davis. Up until YESTERDAY, he and Clemens had been rotating EVERYDAY as to who was taking 2nd unit reps. Now he comes out and DECLARES Austin Davis the backup QB, saying he has been getting all the work with the 2nd team offense?

To me, this is exactly what Softli does when he talks about his "inside knowledge". He makes statements that usually fit HIS agenda. He should stick to his player evaluations, as to talking about the strengths and weaknesses of individual players, and leave the predictions on the Depth Chart to someone without an agenda.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
CoachO said:
IMO. This is the media trying to create a news story rather than reporting it. This actual interview is posted in another thread and Softli's comments don't put this statement into context. I also take exception to a lot of what Softi said regarding Pead "getting his reps with the 2nd unit. He couldn't be MORE wrong.

And for him to say that Richardson is getting "about 85% of the reps" is just ridiculous. That's one of the things I watch during EVERY practice (for all positions) and document who is getting reps with each unit. Isaiah Pead has ROTATED with Richardson virtually 50/50 with the FIRST TEAM OFFENSE. Same thing with Austin Davis. Up until YESTERDAY, he and Clemens had been rotating EVERYDAY as to who was taking 2nd unit reps. Now he comes out and DECLARES Austin Davis the backup QB, saying he has been getting all the work with the 2nd team offense?

To me, this is exactly what Softli does when he talks about his "inside knowledge". He makes statements that usually fit HIS agenda. He should stick to his player evaluations, as to talking about the strengths and weaknesses of individual players, and leave the predictions on the Depth Chart to someone without an agenda.

Like someone with a notebook! :plus1:

Also, the comment was literally like a 3 second thing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
0f0Tlog.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Elmgrovegnome said:

Should have been Lavonte David instead of Pead. :|

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
CoachO said:

So glad to have ROD members with 1st-hand knowledge to clarify/contradict the media mumbo jumbo. But now that leaves me with a question, why does Softli have any agenda at all? What's in it for him?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Stranger said:
CoachO said:

So glad to have ROD members with 1st-hand knowledge to clarify/contradict the media mumbo jumbo. But now that leaves me with a question, why does Softli have any agenda at all? What's in it for him?
I just think he's lazy. He often makes statements about guys he knows nothing about. One year he went on and on about a corner in the preseason, and I called him on it. Said that the corner he was referring to, only played safety for the Rams in the preseason.

I don't really know what his deal is.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Stranger said:
CoachO said:

He's a drama queen and ego centric. :loco: