Softli on Amendola and Gibson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
101 ESPN NFL Analyst Tony Softli handicaps the chances Danny Amendola will be back with the Rams
and explains the interest the team has in retaining Brandon Gibson.

[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2013/03/03042013114653.mp3[/rp3]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/templates/audio_player.php?a=13294&type=s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/templates/audi ... 294&type=s</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He speculates that it is all but certain Amendola will hit FA.

He speculates that Gibson is of interest to the Rams, but there are a lot of intriguing players in the draft that could lead to his departure.

He also said he was on a stakeout last weekend and that Fisher buys Charmin.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Show some love for my man Gibby. I love Danny but honestly, if the $$$ are where I think the DA camp is shooting for, it makes far more sense to re-sign Brandon. I am going to say that BG has 800 yards next season MINIMUM.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Softli mentioned concentration drops by Gibson. That has been an issue with Gibby. He is limited talentwise, not fast and just average size, but he has made some big catches. He's just not consistent and disappears in big games. He's a 4th or 5th WR; that's his value. If he's cheap then maybe the Rams keep him, but as Softli said there are a lot of WRs in this draft. Not a big deal either way.

Amendola, OTOH, I think they will try to resign. But how do you assess his value when he is such an injury risk? It's tough, but it's tough for every team interested in him. You are rolling the dice that he can stay on the field. I mean, can you honestly say that he has as good a chance as any other WR of playing all 16 games? I don't see it. Not based on past history. And not based on how he plays and the type of injuries he has sustained. He's a reckless player who doesn't protect his body. Anyways, I'll be curious to see what other teams offer him.

The Rams will be adding at least one WR in the draft, probably two. That's seems like a pretty sure thing. I don't see them going after another WR in FA. I just rewatched the 2nd Niners game. DA was injured and the Rams clearly showed that they are in dire need of help at WR. Fortunately, there are at least 6 pretty good prospects in this draft and the Rams will have their choice of almost all of them. It's a deeper WR class than last year. There are quite a few WRs in this draft who are better than the 2nd best WR in 2012. That was supposed to be Michael Floyd, but turns out it might have been TY Hilton.

jap

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
He speculates that it is all but certain Amendola will hit FA.

He speculates that Gibson is of interest to the Rams, but there are a lot of intriguing players in the draft that could lead to his departure.

He also said he was on a stakeout last weekend and that Fisher buys Charmin.

Ya gotta squeeze the Charmin'! :ww:

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
RamFan503 said:
Show some love for my man Gibby. I love Danny but honestly, if the $$$ are where I think the DA camp is shooting for, it makes far more sense to re-sign Brandon. I am going to say that BG has 800 yards next season MINIMUM.

Why are you such a big fan of Gibson? He's made some good catches (even a few spectacular ones) but I'm not a fan of his. Too many dumb mistakes/penalties. He's had his chance to shine and hasn't done much. I'm hoping Givens and Quick can be our WR1 and WR2 this year and Amendola will come back to us when other teams don't overpay him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
iBruce said:
RamFan503 said:

Why are you such a big fan of Gibson? He's made some good catches (even a few spectacular ones) but I'm not a fan of his. Too many dumb mistakes/penalties. He's had his chance to shine and hasn't done much. I'm hoping Givens and Quick can be our WR1 and WR2 this year and Amendola will come back to us when other teams don't overpay him.

I was like you about Brandon but I think he improved this year. Before he was just stagnant and disappeared in games, but he really got better.

Agreed about the mistakes and brain farts, that has to get better.