Softli: Hard to Believe Rams Would Pass on Clowney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Tony Softli joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about the perception of Jadeveon Clowney moving up and down draft boards and says it’s just not true, they talked about the Rams being at Clowney’s pro day and if he’s still there with the Rams on the board, they also discussed if Britt’s signing affect Sammy Watkins, and where Tony would go in the drafts for the Rams.

Listen to Softli Talk Clowney and Rams

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Can't argue that Clowney's the #1 player this draft. Believe the Rams take him if they don't get an offer to trade down. I'm hoping that happens!!!!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Can't argue that Clowney's the #1 player this draft. Believe the Rams take him if they don't get an offer to trade down. I'm hoping that happens!!!!

I think they'll have multiple offers, just not a one deemed good enough. CLE is the prime target.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think they'll have multiple offers, just not a one deemed good enough. CLE is the prime target.

A trade down for both of the Browns picks would be gold. As a big Clowney guy, I would be fine with that. Pick at 4, BPA, then trade the 13 and 26 to move up and grab Watkins / Mathews / Robinson.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
A trade down for both of the Browns picks would be gold. As a big Clowney guy, I would be fine with that. Pick at 4, BPA, then trade the 13 and 26 to move up and grab Watkins / Mathews / Robinson.

Browns trade has been my wish all along but I'd maybe handle it differently. BPA at 4, trade down with 13 staying in top 19 BPA again, and end up with an additional 2nd round pick, maybe trade up a handful from the 26th using a 2nd round pick, BPA again, try and move up to top of 2nd round with other 2nd round pick and 3rd rounder, BPA of course. Four players in the top 40 picks? Me likes.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Browns trade has been my wish all along but I'd maybe handle it differently. BPA at 4, trade down with 13 staying in top 19 BPA again, and end up with an additional 2nd round pick, maybe trade up a handful from the 26th using a 2nd round pick, BPA again, try and move up to top of 2nd round with other 2nd round pick and 3rd rounder, BPA of course. Four players in the top 40 picks? Me likes.

You just amazed me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hard to believe the Texans would.
Anything goes at this point I think. Houston may be in love with one of the QBs.

Imagine the dream of Houston taking Bridgewater, Cleveland zoned in on Manziel so they trade with the Rams at 2 and take him, Jacksonville thinks they love Clowney but really think without Bortles, they are going nowhere fast and take him. The Rams would have traded down to 4, probably got the 26th, and getting trade offers again for the rights to draft Clowney. Let it be please.