Softli examines where the Rams stand re: player evaluation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think the link is broken dude

tonyl711

Starter
wow, he would take McCarren before Bridgewater or Manzel, most on here think we can get McCarren in the second or third. hope no other teams scouts have him that high.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the link is broken dude
xelt.png
:p

xander47

Rookie
That's a good point moving Finnegan to safety. I think he'd be good at fs. Obviously with a smaller contract, but fills one hole so only the need for cb and depth and lb and dt for the defense.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Softli likes Cam Earving from FSU.

Too bad he's not in this draft.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
wow, he would take McCarren before Bridgewater or Manzel, most on here think we can get McCarren in the second or third. hope no other teams scouts have him that high.

Tony there are certainly some reasons why Softli is working in radio and not anywhere in the NFL in any personnel related positions. His opinions IMO are no different than a fans perspective.

tonyl711

Starter
Tony there are certainly some reasons why Softli is working in radio and not anywhere in the NFL in any personnel related positions. His opinions IMO are no different than a fans perspective.
yeah, I don't think McCarren will go anywhere near the top 10, but I wonder if he does make it out of the first, I hope so because I would like to see him on the Rams backing up Sam, but IMO he will need to last till the third for that to happen, so it probably wont.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Softli likes Cam Earving from FSU.

Too bad he's not in this draft.
I've made that mistake on the rec. from Mizzou Green Beckham ,but I don't get paid to do this

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
yeah, I don't think McCarren will go anywhere near the top 10, but I wonder if he does make it out of the first, I hope so because I would like to see him on the Rams backing up Sam, but IMO he will need to last till the third for that to happen, so it probably wont.

I question his ceiling hasn't been reached hence my comparing him to Weeden.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO McCarren = Weeden
Disagree here because McCarren played in a pro style offense and was under center more often plus McCarren can run if needed and he's not 35 years old like Weeden.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That's a good point moving Finnegan to safety. I think he'd be good at fs. Obviously with a smaller contract, but fills one hole so only the need for cb and depth and lb and dt for the defense.

I sure do not agree with Softli here or many other areas. I can not think of any reasons why a Rams team desiring to have a winning season for the first time in over a decade would insert a under 5-10/179 pound over 30 ex CB into safety. Did I not see a 6-3 232 pound safety named Kam Chancellor playing starting on the SB winning team?
http://www.nfl.com/player/cortlandfinnegan/2506978/profile

Fisher has been a good in the NFL on trends and changes and we just witnessed Fisher draft a rangy safety over 6-2 220 pounds Fisher has kept a 215 pound ex Spags safety around for 2 seasons Fisher brought in a 210 pound veteran Giordano. Fisher has signed two UDFA in another tall rangy over 6-2 210 pound Davis and the 212 pound Daniels....ROD'mers have complained constantly about the size of starting safety Rodney McLeod who is 5-10 195 pounds.
http://www.nfl.com/player/rodneymcleod/2534832/profile

I would think Softli knows that Fisher would be uncomfortable to pay very much for a lightweight under sized slowing down safety named Cortland to help him win the Seattle Seahawk games & Cortland will take out the Marshawn Lynch beast!:confused:. Softli may want to remember that Fisher's defense does not employ Free Safeties they are left & right both playing all the responsibilities of SS/FS. I really believe that Fisher has showed us where he is wanting to go with the players he wants @ safety and a under 5-10 179 pounder is going in the opposite direction.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Disagree here because McCarren played in a pro style offense and was under center more often plus McCarren can run if needed and he's not 35 years old like Weeden.
LOL ,I was talkin ceiling

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
LOL ,I was talkin ceiling
Point taken, however, I need to see McCarren at the combine, but I like his size and his ability to lead plus he and Barret Jones could start going at it again at training camp.