Softest Part of the Schedule Starts Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Never think any team is easy, those are the one's that will HURT you & upset you if your not careful.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With Rivers's ribs banged up, we got a great shot at getting over .500.

@SD
Vs OAK
@ WAS

Who woulda thought? Next three weeks will be fun. :)
This is the last game, of the dreaded, 8 game stretch. If we Win it, witch I'm 99.9% sure we will, the Rams will have Won 4 of 8, better than a lot of people thought, considering the players we've lost!!:D

fearsomefour

Legend
This is the last game, of the dreaded, 8 game stretch. If we Win it, witch I'm 99.9% sure we will, the Rams will have Won 4 of 8, better than a lot of people thought, considering the players we've lost!!:D
Pretty remarkable when you consider how things looked after the KC game. This team has been maddeningly inconsistent, but just a ton of upside. Keeping in mind they managed to build a big lead on Dallas and nearly came back vs. the Eagles. The possibility of finishing at .500 or above a real now. Again, remarkable when you think about injury situation particularly, of course, at the QB spot. Keeping as much of this team together during the FA period and settling the QB spot will be so key this season. I really believe it is coming together on the D side of the ball. With the D and special teams the Rams are very capable of having the O just needs to be balanced and avoid TOs and dumb penalties and the team can beat anyone....see the Denver game.
Hard to be pessimistic early this year, hard to not be optimistic now.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Thought it was said the first few games of the year was the soft part of the sch. How'd that work out?
No easy games in the NFL, play them one at a time. Got to win this week before we can win the week after.

F. Mulder

Starter
Just want to add my .02. Anyone thinking Rivers is vulnerable or that his "injury" will impact him are mislead IMO. The guy is a tough SOB and a producer on the field. Will I be upset if he has a below average game or someone helps him to the sidelines before the game is over via a well placed hit? No. But he is a top QB. Regarding people running their mouths about playoffs or easy parts of schedule, get a grip. This is a team that was blown out vs. Minny, needed a last second win to beat TB, coughed up winnable games vs Dallas, SF (1), and made games they dominated interesting (SF (2), Seattle).

IF this team can play a solid game and get out of SD with a win then it is only one step. It is a positive step but only one. This is a league based on "what have you done for me lately?". Get to be 5-6 and we'll deal with Oak etc. I can't believe so many fans who have been led down this line before are so cocky and vulnerable to a team that makes Sybill look like a solid stand up Gal! :cautious:

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Let's win two in a row first before we talk about running the table. At this point I still don't know what to expect from this team. I wouldn't be surprised if the won or laid an egg on Sunday. I think they should win all of their remaining games but that doesn't mean they will. That being said, this is as excited as I've been for them to play a road game in a long time.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Oakland is truly terrible though.
They are bad, but not zero wins bad. They will claim a victim before the season is out, but I don't see it being the Rams in the dome. I'm hoping their win will be home against the 49ers, that would be hilarious on so many levels.

10-6 would be sweet, it's all on the offense to score points.
Sweet but possibly bittersweet. I think a 10-6 team will miss the playoffs again.

A55VA6

Legend
I think a winning record or .500 is very possible, but we still got to beat a few good teams. And don't overlook the Raiders.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I think this 8 game stretch helped the team alot and they have been playing better lately, this team is battle tested and are very close to the top.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just want to add my .02. Anyone thinking Rivers is vulnerable or that his "injury" will impact him are mislead IMO. The guy is a tough SOB and a producer on the field. Will I be upset if he has a below average game or someone helps him to the sidelines before the game is over via a well placed hit? No. But he is a top QB. Regarding people running their mouths about playoffs or easy parts of schedule, get a grip. This is a team that was blown out vs. Minny, needed a last second win to beat TB, coughed up winnable games vs Dallas, SF (1), and made games they dominated interesting (SF (2), Seattle).

IF this team can play a solid game and get out of SD with a win then it is only one step. It is a positive step but only one. This is a league based on "what have you done for me lately?". Get to be 5-6 and we'll deal with Oak etc. I can't believe so many fans who have been led down this line before are so cocky and vulnerable to a team that makes Sybill look like a solid stand up Gal! :cautious:
I've been beating the same drum
NCAA record for consecutive starts by a QB
Currently has 4th longest consecutive start streak for a QB in the NFL
Played playoff game with torn ACL
This is not some push over

Oh, and Gates has recanted a bit what he said about Rivers ribs being hurt. The cat hasnt missed any practice time

Softest game on the schedule this season was Minnesota, and that didnt turn out well.

I think we can play with San Diego and can possibly win, but its no push over

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anyone thinking Rivers is vulnerable or that his "injury" will impact him are mislead IMO. The guy is a tough SOB and a producer on the field... he is a top QB.
Anyone could have said the same thing about Manning, before the Rams got ahold of him! As to the rest of your commentary, IMO, your the one that needs to 'get-a-grip' on the reality of just where this team is at right now. JMO nothing personal!

F. Mulder

Starter
Anyone could have said the same thing about Manning, before the Rams got ahold of him! As to the rest of your commentary, IMO, your the one that needs to 'get-a-grip' on the reality of just where this team is at right now. JMO nothing personal!

Really? When we beat Seattle we had it all figured out.... Er..Wait...rotten egg laid in Arrowhead. Hack Alex Smith smiling and winning again. Yeah but that was an aberration...we beat SF....dominating game....Er wait, we lay an egg late vs Arizona minus their starting QB late... Yeah I see a pattern, do you? This team is all over the place, solid one game, tank another and yet because the good Rams showed up you are suddenly able to project that THAT team will prevail the rest of the season is kind of funny. JMO, nothing personal. Put up or shut up (meant towards the team.. not you:love:).

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Really? When we beat Seattle we had it all figured out.... Er..Wait...rotten egg laid in Arrowhead. Hack Alex Smith smiling and winning again. Yeah but that was an aberration...we beat SF....dominating game....Er wait, we lay an egg late vs Arizona minus their starting QB late... Yeah I see a pattern, do you? This team is all over the place, solid one game, tank another and yet because the good Rams showed up you are suddenly able to project that THAT team will prevail the rest of the season is kind of funny. JMO, nothing personal. Put up or shut up (meant towards the team.. not you:love:).
You have your opinion, and I have mine, of where the team will go from here. We'll see how things turn out! I personally think looking back more than 3 games at a time doesn't give an accurate picture of were a team is at!! I'm a believer!!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Taking sunday for granted is not wise. Philip Rivers is a tough bastard. The guy has the ncaa record for consecutive starts for a qb and the 4th longest streak (current) of the same in the NFL.
Also keep in mind that this is the same guy who played in a playoff game with a torn acl

I agree Rivers is one tough dude.

F. Mulder

Starter
You have your opinion, and I have mine, of where the team will go from here. We'll see how things turn out! I personally think looking back more than 3 games at a time doesn't give an accurate picture of were a team is at!! I'm a believer!!!!

DaveFan'51- I WANT to believe, believe me I do. I am basing my opinion on past results and you are basing yours on potential. I get that. I used to do that too. However, this team has shown the inability to play consistent football/winning football for any meaningful stretches, including this year were they have been unable to piece together two consecutive wins. Don't get me wrong, I CAN see them playing like they have been and going into SD and getting a winnable game. I CAN see them beating Oakland at home at getting back to 6-6. I've just been sucked into that before and only watched them self-destruct.

We both want the same thing but we don't share the same optimism. I'll gladly admit I was wrong once this team plays to the level you think they will and I think tbey should have.

Go Rams!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Actually now that you mention it even before the season started most people thought 4-4 would have been OK. So I'm fine with the record and how things have gone this season with all things considered. I know many people were thinking the Rams would challenge for the division but whenever I asked why there wasn't ever a good answer.

This team is on track and lets not forget this is the biggest rebuild in the leagues entire history and frankly the Rams could easily be 6-4 and while they have had some bad moments overall the play is steadying out.