Sofi at night

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
The last couple of Rams home night games have got me thinking. Has anyone notice how dark and gloomy Sofi looks at dusk. The people at Sofi never turn on the outside lights! The only thing lit up is the big "Sofi Stadium" on the roof. You would think all the outside building lights would be turned on to show off some of what 5 billion will get ya to the viewing public. Just an observation. GO RAMS!!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The last couple of Rams home night games have got me thinking. Has anyone notice how dark and gloomy Sofi looks at dusk. The people at Sofi never turn on the outside lights! The only thing lit up is the big "Sofi Stadium" on the roof. You would think all the outside building lights would be turned on to show off some of what 5 billion will get ya to the viewing public. Just an observation. GO RAMS!!!

Yeah more architectural lighting will be great but maybe they are holding that back for another reveal?
I can't see the outer building not being lit for a Superbowl or Olympic ceremony

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Nope. It's a zoning code thing, even here in SW MO, there are zoning codes that limit "light pollution" - you can't throw light more than, I think, 2 footcandles past your property line. Most parking lot light fixtures today are designed for "full cut-off", meaning they throw 0 footcandles past a certain radius. i think for special events they need a permit for light displays, fireworks, etc. so I'm sure once the fans return it will be a bit more spectacular on game nights, but during the week they can't be contributing to LA's light pollution problem.

Lol I'm really not trying to be a debbie downer! but them's the facts.

MarkyMark

Rams fan for Life!!
Name
Mark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope. It's a zoning code thing, even here in SW MO, there are zoning codes that limit "light pollution" - you can't throw light more than, I think, 2 footcandles past your property line. Most parking lot light fixtures today are designed for "full cut-off", meaning they throw 0 footcandles past a certain radius. i think for special events they need a permit for light displays, fireworks, etc. so I'm sure once the fans return it will be a bit more spectacular on game nights, but during the week they can't be contributing to LA's light pollution problem.

Light pollution is the only "Debbie Downer" here! Thanks for the answer....learn something new every day!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Perhaps, but as a live events lighting designer, I can assure you they can get around those codes.
You think Englewood won't bend over backwards for Kroenke?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Makes sense.

Its really close to housing, actually.

B5D5205C-2114-48A7-A63E-29D9AD174AAF.jpeg

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seeing the houses, that makes a ton of sense. But there are a lot of ways to architecturally illuminate the building in tasteful ways without it being problematic imo.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

seriously man? all they have to do is have the lighting pointing at the stadium. it's not that hard.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Well if I could see it from the house at night,might care.

J/K I'm freaking jealous of you folks that can and will see it, I never will in person.

Tano

Legend
Well if I could see it from the house at night,might care.

J/K I'm freaking jealous of you folks that can and will see it, I never will in person.
I already have made visiting the stadium on my bucket list.

You need to as well.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, I thought it looked kinda washed out on the broadcast. The air looked hazy af (Fires?), which didn't help, but the stadium just did not present very well from the exterior IMO. Inside looks amazing however....