So WR lineup first 4 games?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
So obviously I won't list Mr. Bailey with his dumb suspension but outside of him who seems most likely to start for us t create mismatch problems?

We are playing the Vikings, Bucs, and Cowturds and then have a Bye week then Eagles. I'm thinking with our matches against the opposing personal we'll see this as our WR depth chart on game day.

WR1 Britt
WR2 Quick
Slot1 Austin
Slot 2 Givens/ Pettis

OFC you have to account for Cook to line up in slot or motion or whatever so that will probably limit Givens and Pettis. To me, this seems like the most likely line up as of right now. We shall see when the pads get thrown on though.... you have similar or a bit different view of our WR group?

Honestly I think this is the position group likely to take us over the top or only let us be mediocre and hold us back this year.

AND FOR GOD SAKES NO MORE F'N DROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Happy Independence Day guys!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
X - Britt
Y - Austin
Z - Quick in 3-WR sets, Austin in 2-WR sets.

4 WR sets will be rare, and I'd imagine Quick/Britt outside with Austin and Givens taking an outside spot occasionally, and a rotation of Austin, Pettis, Cook and Moe in the 2 slot spots.

What will be interesting is that they have the personnel to run out a speed WR set, a size WR set, a hands WR set and a run-blocking WR set. Those matchups will be interesting.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Speed WR set: Britt and Givens outside, Austin in the slot, Cook at TE motioning out to the other slot.

Size WR set: Britt and Quick outside, Pettis in the slot, Cook or Harkey at TE motioning out to the other slot. Kendricks in the backfield.

Hands WR set: Pettis and Bailey outside (after the suspension), Moe in the slot, Kendricks at TE

Blocking WR set: Quick and Pettis outside, Harkey and Kendricks at TE spots, maybe Cunningham at FB (or Kendricks at FB and Cunningham at TE)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So obviously I won't list Mr. Bailey with his dumb suspension but outside of him who seems most likely to start for us t create mismatch problems?

We are playing the Vikings, Bucs, and Cowturds and then have a Bye week then Eagles. I'm thinking with our matches against the opposing personal we'll see this as our WR depth chart on game day.

WR1 Britt
WR2 Quick
Slot1 Austin
Slot 2 Givens/ Pettis

OFC you have to account for Cook to line up in slot or motion or whatever so that will probably limit Givens and Pettis. To me, this seems like the most likely line up as of right now. We shall see when the pads get thrown on though.... you have similar or a bit different view of our WR group?

Honestly I think this is the position group likely to take us over the top or only let us be mediocre and hold us back this year.

p.s. Happy Independence Day guys!

Happy 4th, and I'd take this lineup, everyday all-day....Esp. against those damn hawks & 9'ers

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

This is/was a problem and we can rest assured they're working on it...aren't they?

First offensive down this year?

Cook
Pettis
Britt
Harkey

BD-TomCat

Rookie
I'm really really hoping that Quick is ready to start. Having him and Britt as starters will also do great things for the power run game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm really really hoping that Quick is ready to start. Having him and Britt as starters will also do great things for the power run game.

If Quick wins a starting spot; we are in VERY good shape!

I am all excited! Go BQ!

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
why no Britt in your response. You think he will be cut in training camp?

I hope Britt is as great in games as OTA's. I've scouted Britt's game film and I wasn't impressed.

These stats sum up my reasons.
Britt caught 31.4% of passes he was targeted on in 2013. Britt had a 11.4% drop percentage.
Quick caught 53% of targets with a 5.9% drop rate and Pettis caught 60.3% of targets and had a 6.4% drop rate.

Looking at all these combinations I come to one conclusion: I don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hope Britt is as great in games as OTA's. I've scouted Britt's game film and I wasn't impressed.

Britt caught 31.4% of passes he was targeted on in 2013. Britt had a 11.4% drop percentage.
Quick caught 53% of targets with a 5.9% drop rate and Pettis caught 60.3% of targets and had a 6.4% drop rate.

I'm not sure 2013 is a good year to evaluate Britt.

Now, of course... that said; I don't believe truly great players tank a season like he did in 2013. So I'm not tossing those stats aside completely either.

Put me in the group who hopes for the best and dreaming big, but not sold on the OTA hype.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Happy 4th, and I'd take this lineup, everyday all-day....Esp. against those damn hawks & 9'ers
Yeah not to bad, the biggest question is Britt not Quick in that group though! Love to watch them two big guys bully the gulls and whineys

Yeah 2013 is a trash year to evaluate Britt... with that being said he needs to get his Sh*# together! lol
Somehow unlike our other previous old pos vets we brought in Britt has a swag and chip on his shoulder to perform still IMO and this is it for him more and likely and he has acted dumb but think he realizes it.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Yeah not to bad, the biggest question is Britt not Quick in that group though! Love to watch them two big guys bully the gulls and whineys

Yeah 2013 is a trash year to evaluate Britt... with that being said he needs to get his Sh*# together! lol
Somehow unlike our other previous old pos vets we brought in Britt has a swag and chip on his shoulder to perform still IMO and this is it for him more and likely and he has acted dumb but think he realizes it.
I would love for Britt to hopscotch his OTA performance to preseason, to regular season, and on thru the playoffs. But I've been burned one too many times by outstanding OTA performances to have my hopes dashed by a dude who has been arrested as many times as a cat has lives.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Tavon, Chris Givens, and Kenny Britt will likely be starting.

Austin Pettis will likely be the 4th guy early, but Brian Quick (hoping) will get more playing time. Then flip these two.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Britt
Givens
Austin
Pettis

I like Pettis a lot but it seems he's almost hit his ceiling. He had good plays and can catch, for some reason though he can't get above average.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
Speed WR set: Britt and Givens outside, Austin in the slot, Cook at TE motioning out to the other slot.

Size WR set: Britt and Quick outside, Pettis in the slot, Cook or Harkey at TE motioning out to the other slot. Kendricks in the backfield.

Hands WR set: Pettis and Bailey outside (after the suspension), Moe in the slot, Kendricks at TE

Blocking WR set: Quick and Pettis outside, Harkey and Kendricks at TE spots, maybe Cunningham at FB (or Kendricks at FB and Cunningham at TE)
I believe I remember an interview with either givens or Austin where they said Quick was actually the fastest receiver on the roster. Does anyone else remember that?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Britt should not be a lock to make this team by any means. He has to earn it both on and off the field. RamsAndEwe said it best: a guy who had an 11.4% drop rate, injury concerns, and has been in trouble with the law numerous times is not someone an NFL team can reliably count on. If Britt proves me wrong, I'll gladly eat crow - whether it's barbequed, smoked, baked, etc. I just don't see it.

Personally, I see the wide receiver lineup being Quick and Austin on the outside with Givens in the slot on 3-wide sets. Pettis and Moe (potential backup punt returner as well as fifth/sixth option) come on the field for third down situations. Once Bailey returns from his suspension, he'll have to work on special teams before he gets a chance to get on offense.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Britt should not be a lock to make this team by any means. He has to earn it both on and off the field. RamsAndEwe said it best: a guy who had an 11.4% drop rate, injury concerns, and has been in trouble with the law numerous times is not someone an NFL team can reliably count on. If Britt proves me wrong, I'll gladly eat crow - whether it's barbequed, smoked, baked, etc. I just don't see it.

Personally, I see the wide receiver lineup being Quick and Austin on the outside with Givens in the slot on 3-wide sets. Pettis and Moe (potential backup punt returner as well as fifth/sixth option) come on the field for third down situations. Once Bailey returns from his suspension, he'll have to work on special teams before he gets a chance to get on offense.
Well said on Britt. While I can see why his OTA performance has people excited (andit would make Fisher look like a genius for saying WR wasn't a problem), OTAs are not what counts, and there are reasons we got him on a "Prove It" contract.

He wouldn't be the first guy to shine at OTAs then tank.... but I will happily eat all the crow in the world if he proves me wrong.