So Which Team Would Really Give Rodger Saffold Big $$$

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The train of thought for Rodger Saffold is that some team will offer him a big money deal for being their LT.

I really think there's only 4 teams that could be interested:
Miami, San Diego, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay.

W/ the exception of NO, are any of those 3 that much more appealing than staying in St. Louis? I know SD is in the playoffs, except they barely just made it in by everything else falling in place.

I just don't see the market, which would make the chances of him being resigned here become greater.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Arizona? Saffold is far better than anything they have now, would hate to see him playing in our division against us.

jap

Legend
Any of our NFC West opponents who have had BeetleJuice bitchslap their guys would have a vested interest in taking him away from us.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Arizona? Saffold is far better than anything they have now, would hate to see him playing in our division against us.

Yup. They would see him as the perfect guy to help block Quinn, since he knows him so well. I can see them giving Rodger big bucks.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Yup. They would see him as the perfect guy to help block Quinn, since he knows him so well. I can see them giving Rodger big bucks.

Yeah, but nobody can block Quinn. I don't care how good the LT is. And Saffold wont get alot of guaranteed money with his injury history. I would still like to keep him, however.

iced

He wants to be a LT, I don't know if he really wants to be a Ram.

i don't know about that - hasn't been reported anywhere outside the earlier speculation leading into the season, which Saffold denied.

there is this though, for maybe some encouragement

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5856/rodger-saffold
Rams GM Les Snead acknowledged he'd like to re-sign impending free agent G/T Rodger Saffold.

The Rams seem to favor Saffold as a guard, while he might see himself as a tackle. He started six games at right guard and drew rave reviews from Pro Football Focus' game charters. Saffold showed truly elite run-blocking skills in those starts. Coach Jeff Fisher pinpointed Saffold's ability to "pull" from the guard spot. The Rams are expected to release RG Harvey Dahl, so Saffold could be re-signed and plugged in there. He may choose to test the market first.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Here's a list of teams who will give Rodger Saffold a serious look @ both OT & OG:
#1-Oakland Raiders OT/OG
#2-Dallas Cowboys @ ORT/OG
#3-Atlanta Falcons @ OT/OG
#4-Indy Colts @ OT/OG
#5-Miami Dolphins OT/OG
#6-Buffalo Bills OT/OG
#7-Tampa Bay Bucs OT/OG

Teams needing pass protectors
#8-AZ Cards
#9-NY Giants
#10-Chicogo Bears
#11-NY Jets OT

jap

Legend
At first I would've agreed w/ you in August...but now, I think he'll strongly consider resigning.

Agreed! It should be obvious to Rodger that he's doing better at guard than he ever has at tackle. I'm sure he's getting plenty of reinforcement at that end from Coach Bou, Fish, Schotty, etc. He and his agent have got to know that an elite guard makes very good money in this league.

I honesty believe Rodger was more concerned with his first big contract rather than just playing tackle.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
Maybe Atlanta? add Rodger and they also hold the 6th pick to add another. Atlanta can use help on the oline. OR of course they also might want to add a def. player in the draft. Could a trade with them for Clowney be a possibility? They can use a pass rusher on that D. Need to get after the 2 qbs they face 2x a year(Brees & Newton)

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Yeah, but nobody can block Quinn. I don't care how good the LT is. And Saffold wont get alot of guaranteed money with his injury history. I would still like to keep him, however.

How many sacks did Quinn get in Arizona? Zero.

Saffold is better than anything the Cards have right now. And he's younger than Jake Long.

Sure, we will put a price on him. The question is how much more with the Cards offer.

iced

How many sacks did Quinn get in Arizona? Zero.

Saffold is better than anything the Cards have right now. And he's younger than Jake Long.

Sure, we will put a price on him. The question is how much more with the Cards offer.

Yea because the corners refused to cover.. before palmer even hit his last step on 3 step drops, receivers were wide open.

tonyl711

Starter
hopefully they have him resigned before FA begins, give him the best offer you are willing to give from jump street. his agent has to know that there will be question marks about his injury history, he will get good money in FA but not J Long money. hopefully he accepts a fair offer from the Rams. one thing I would do is make him one of the highest paid guards in the league, he is worth it considering you can use him any where but center.