So... What's the word on Finnegan???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I know he's injured, but why hasn't there been any questions asked about his status?

My best guess would be that he's been injured for a while now with something like a hammy that keeps coming back. The Rams are finally just throwing in the towel and telling him to rest until it's fully healed.

Why hasn't there been more discussion and coverage about this though by the local media? I'm not saying anything against him, and I love Cort, but that's a pretty big chunk of our cap sitting out right there. I'd like to hear more about it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Did not practice. I still think there's some sort of not so subtle conspiracy going on.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Might be Fisher and gang is trying to let Finnegan figure out how to get back on track and by not having him in the spotlight might help keep the pressure off him. IDK though. W/e is happening, hope he comes back and plays better.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's a little too coincidental that he was getting punished by receivers and now is "injured." I hope he gets his shit together, because I love what he brings to the defense. And on an unrelated note, if he's being benched (as is my suspicion), it just goes to show that if Fisher thought Bradford (not the highest paid player on the team) wasn't the best option, he would bench him too. I know I've seen plenty of people on other forums saying that Fisher *has* to play him because of his salary.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure but if he is dinged up and that is why his play has suffered, I don't see the upside in rushing him back when others are showing to be less of a liability. I like Cort too but he was not playing like Cort over at least those past two games before they sat him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:
It's a little too coincidental that he was getting punished by receivers and now is "injured." I hope he gets his shit together, because I love what he brings to the defense. And on an unrelated note, if he's being benched (as is my suspicion), it just goes to show that if Fisher thought Bradford (not the highest paid player on the team) wasn't the best option, he would bench him too. I know I've seen plenty of people on other forums saying that Fisher *has* to play him because of his salary.

Seems the same w/ Jared Cook too to a lesser extent.

fearsomefour

Legend
X said:
It's a little too coincidental that he was getting punished by receivers and now is "injured." I hope he gets his shyte together, because I love what he brings to the defense. And on an unrelated note, if he's being benched (as is my suspicion), it just goes to show that if Fisher thought Bradford (not the highest paid player on the team) wasn't the best option, he would bench him too. I know I've seen plenty of people on other forums saying that Fisher *has* to play him because of his salary.

Move him to S and be done with it. If they cut him next year he still costs $6M. If he cant cut it at CB anymore then move him to S and let him contribute or mentor young players in the secondary.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
fearsomefour said:
X said:
It's a little too coincidental that he was getting punished by receivers and now is "injured." I hope he gets his shyte together, because I love what he brings to the defense. And on an unrelated note, if he's being benched (as is my suspicion), it just goes to show that if Fisher thought Bradford (not the highest paid player on the team) wasn't the best option, he would bench him too. I know I've seen plenty of people on other forums saying that Fisher *has* to play him because of his salary.

Move him to S and be done with it. If they cut him next year he still costs $6M. If he cant cut it at CB anymore then move him to S and let him contribute or mentor young players in the secondary.
I get your logic, but I'm not down with it. If he's having coverage issues, then he'll be no more valuable as a safety.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
*There

Uhhh... Maybe I need to work less, and sleep more hahaha

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Username said:
*There

0r m4y83 jOo need tO 5h|_|t ur m347 h01e.
lawleelawleelawllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lockdnram21

Legend
Keep him on the sideline and let trumaine johnson and brandon mcgee progress. So we can see if we are still going to have to spend a high draft pick on a cb

fearsomefour

Legend
X said:
fearsomefour said:
X said:

I get your logic, but I'm not down with it. If he's having coverage issues, then he'll be no more valuable as a safety.

It will be interesting to see when he comes back. I just dont see the Rams having him stand on the sideline when he is making that much money. That said, Harkey has contributed more the two weeks than Cook, so, what do I know?
Some interesting choices this offseason regarding Finnegan, Langford, Dahl, Wells, Saffold ect.

Lesson

Oh, really?
fearsomefour said:
Some interesting choices this offseason regarding Finnegan, Langford, Dahl, Wells, Saffold ect.

Does Langford have a big cap hit next season? If he doesn't, I don't see why the Rams would release him. He's been solid.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
fearsomefour said:
Indeed.

fearsomefour

Legend
Lesson said:
fearsomefour said:

Does Langford have a big cap hit next season? If he doesn't, I don't see why the Rams would release him. He's been solid.

His deal was for $24M, if they release him they save $4M against the cap next year. He has been solid mostly and down right bad in a few games. But, that is symptomatic of the run D as a whole I guess.
I am just sold about drafting a difference making DT with that first pick to plant next to Brockers.
I am doing what most of us enjoy doing, playing GM without a full knowledge of salaries, cap, scheme or other things.
If you believe he is a good DT (I think he is solid) and compliments the rest of Dline in a great way he is a value at price. I think there is a guy or two that can have major impacts on our D both in terms of holding up vs. the run and keeping the LB clean in this years draft.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
News Bot said:
Username said:
*There

Hilarious my four-year-old kept me up for two hours last night 5:30 AM comes pretty damn fast when you're up between 2 and 3:30 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Me: I think Finnegan hasn't been healthy all season.

So let's judge him after the time off. Dude doesn't go from good to crap in one offseason.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
CGI_Ram said:

So let's judge him after the time off. Dude doesn't go from good to crap in one offseason.

I don't know. You lose a step sooner or later and that's all it takes in the NFL to go from hero to zero. Fin may be dealing with some minor injuries that he used to be able to play through in his youth and the bench may be the best place for him for now. I think he comes back strong when he does
and that dog will still hunt!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ramhusker said:
CGI_Ram said:

I don't know. You lose a step sooner or later and that's all it takes in the NFL to go from hero to zero. Fin may be dealing with some minor injuries that he used to be able to play through in his youth and the bench may be the best place for him for now. I think he comes back strong when he does
and that dog will still hunt!

No doubt.

But not at 29... and not at this position.

Look at Woodson, Bailey, Aeneas, etc. It's a position players can succeed deeper in their career.

As always, JMO.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
News Bot said:
Username said:
*There

05-13_robot_dead.jpg