So whats the over/under on Wilson getting sacked monday night?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If I remember correctly he was sacked 6 times in the finale last yr and that was in seadderal. Im lookin forward to seeing him get blasted by Quinn and Ogletree frequently, and a few hits from Long as well as Brockers. It sucks that Sam is out but that just means the D must step up, and I enjoy watching a good D unless they are goin up against my Rams. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say 8 sacks for the game and RW may not be lookin to run after Mr Ogletree introduces himself. If the secondary can stay with the WRs when RW scrambles he will throw the ball up for grabs. Tru22 should be able to win a couple of jump balls with his size.

Im seeing a Defensive domination in favor of the Rams, and Clemens will have better stats than RW.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Alec is going to nail him when he's trying to buy time, and then he'll stick in the pocket.

The D-Line will harass him all night, Chris Long is going to be on a mission after being ejected last week.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
After what happened on Sunday ... I get the strong feeling that our Defense is going to have very bad intentions this Monday,,, way worse than would usually be expected.

There's gonna be hell to pay.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, not trying to be negative but, chances are we fall behind early and get few opportunities to rush the qb as they rely on their run game. id say 3 times

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't care if we sack him at all, to be honest. If they can contain him and throw up that Berlin Wall of a defensive line we have, then he should have a rough time seeing the field. It all hinges on keeping him in the pocket and committing to the stopping the run. If he has to beat us, then so be it. I'd rather it be that way than seeing Lynch run for 200 yards.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
If we can hold Lynch to a modest game and keep that midget in the pocket our chances go WAY up. He is not nearly as effective when he can't scramble to extend plays.

kpak76

Hey Rams fan, Hawks fan here. I am going to have a differing view as my own homerism takes effect so go easy on me lol. I can't see you guys sacking Wilson that many times again. I think the Rams have probably a top 5 defensive line when it comes to pressuring the QB, but even still no one evades the rush like Wilson. Also, keeping him the pocket wont neccassarily beat him. His numbers last year was better in the pocket than when he had to run to extend plays. It's kind of annoying that the national view of Wilson is that he is substandard in the pockett simply because he is so good at evading the rush. He is actually incredible at both, and doesn't get the credit he deserves in the pocket imho. You'll get to him, but I would say more like 4 times at most which is still a great feat. The best way to beat Wilson is to have an effective rush up the middle so you can collapse it while leaving him no room to escape. If you just leave him in the pocket he will just pick you apart from the pocket.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Hey Rams fan, Hawks fan here. I am going to have a differing view as my own homerism takes effect so go easy on me lol. I can't see you guys sacking Wilson that many times again. I think the Rams have probably a top 5 defensive line when it comes to pressuring the QB, but even still no one evades the rush like Wilson. Also, keeping him the pocket wont neccassarily beat him. His numbers last year was better in the pocket than when he had to run to extend plays. It's kind of annoying that the national view of Wilson is that he is substandard in the pockett simply because he is so good at evading the rush. He is actually incredible at both, and doesn't get the credit he deserves in the pocket imho. You'll get to him, but I would say more like 4 times at most which is still a great feat. The best way to beat Wilson is to have an effective rush up the middle so you can collapse it while leaving him no room to escape. If you just leave him in the pocket he will just pick you apart from the pocket.

Welcome kpak76. Just a forewarning, there are a lot or raw nerves over here from what we witnessed last Sunday. This board is full of good guys so your venture into enemy territory should be fine so long as you remain as respectful as you were in your first post.

kpak76

Welcome kpak76. Just a forewarning, there are a lot or raw nerves over here from what we witnessed last Sunday. This board is full of good guys so your venture into enemy territory should be fine so long as you remain as respectful as you were in your first post.

Thank you, I try to keep it respectful unless its the Whiners board. Anyone that is an opposing fan visiting the main Whiner board gets banned for having differing opinions which is annoying because the blind homerism there is just mind boggling. I hope this board is more understanding of opposing fans and not so quick on the ban trigger.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thank you, I try to keep it respectful unless its the Whiners board. Anyone that is an opposing fan visiting the main Whiner board gets banned for having differing opinions which is annoying because the blind homerism there is just mind boggling. I hope this board is more understanding of opposing fans and not so quick on the ban trigger.

Hey kpak...

I hear that Seadderall is actually #2 in Homo-ism,,, just BEHIND San Fran.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think we'll get to him a couple times at least. This defense was built to contend within the division first, and our edge rushers (provided they don't get ridden upfield) do have the ability to converge on the QB if Langford/Brockers can collapse it. The problem, as you implied, will be the C gaps and the integrity of same. My post in this thread was more tailored to keeping him in tight quarters and standing up our D-line to clog his throwing lanes. You know, because he's short.

Honestly, of all the NFCW QBs, most of us respect Wilson because he's not a douche showboat and he just straps on his cleats and goes to work. He's got kind of an old school mentality about him and that's cool. A real find for you guys. All that said, you must know you have a distinct advantage with Bradford out of the picture. The dropoff is going to be noticeable so it's important that we establish the run game so as to open up some playaction deep shots. And of course we MUST minimize stupid penalties that take away our rare big plays. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm not as worried about this one as I should be. Our games have always been pretty close.

kpak76

Hey kpak...

I hear that Seadderall is actually #2 in Homo-ism,,, just BEHIND San Fran.

Come on man!!!

I think its time you all get something new going. The adderall stuff is old news now dont you think? I wouldn't know where Seattle ranks in Homo-ism, it seems like you have an excellent pulse in those rankings though. ;)

kpak76

I think we'll get to him a couple times at least. This defense was built to contend within the division first, and our edge rushers (provided they don't get ridden upfield) do have the ability to converge on the QB if Langford/Brockers can collapse it. The problem, as you implied, will be the C gaps and the integrity of same. My post in this thread was more tailored to keeping him in tight quarters and standing up our D-line to clog his throwing lanes. You know, because he's short.

Honestly, of all the NFCW QBs, most of us respect Wilson because he's not a douche showboat and he just straps on his cleats and goes to work. He's got kind of an old school mentality about him and that's cool. A real find for you guys. All that said, you must know you have a distinct advantage with Bradford out of the picture. The dropoff is going to be noticeable so it's important that we establish the run game so as to open up some playaction deep shots. And of course we MUST minimize stupid penalties that take away our rare big plays. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm not as worried about this one as I should be. Our games have always been pretty close.

No doubt there is a difference between Bradford and anyone you are going to trot out there.

I understand if your not worried if you think your team won't win, but if you have hopes of winning this game, I can't see how you are not worried playing what most consider the top team in the NFC right now. Either you are really high on your team, or really low on the NFC or both.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No doubt there is a difference between Bradford and anyone you are going to trot out there.

I understand if your not worried if you think your team won't win, but if you have hopes of winning this game, I can't see how you are not worried playing what most consider the top team in the NFC right now. Either you are really high on your team, or really low on the NFC or both.
It's really not that simple. I take into account matchups, motivation (a very real thing), weaknesses on both fronts, and what I consider to be a shift in the offensive philosophy. It won't be a great shift, but I can see how it's going to play out. In a nutshell, it's going to come down to a street fight. And that said, I hope the Rams are going to be able to scrap within the confines of the rules. I don't want to put you on the defensive here, because I know your team is legit. I hate everything about your team, but I can give credit where it's due.

In summation, when a team is on the ropes (Rams), they tend to stray from the conventional. There's a 50/50 chance it will pay off, so that's why I say I'm not worried. It's either going to work or it won't. But it certainly won't be from a lack of trying or a lack of innovation.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Come on man!!!

I think its time you all get something new going. The adderall stuff is old news now dont you think? I wouldn't know where Seattle ranks in Homo-ism, it seems like you have an excellent pulse in those rankings though. :wink:

Well, last time I was in Seadderall, I was very surprised when I saw an ad on the Front Page of the newspaper for a a big furniture store with a picture of 2 dudes spooning in a very expensive bed. Not what I'm used to seeing where I live. Anyway,,, I had to ask several locals about it. They told me that Seadderall is only 2nd to San Fran for the Homo-ism you originally gave the whiner forum great so much credit for. You shouldn't sell yourselves short man. Just trying to give credit where it's due.

Peace

PhxRam

You seem like a pretty chill cat.

Welcome aboard.

LLittle12

UDFA
I think Wilson will go down a few times, but the guy has faced nothing but tough defenses all season. The last I looked, the only defense he faced lower than ours is Jax. Maybe AZ. I hope that the pressure can be sustained for the entire game, but I won't be surprised if we get it early and then Wilson adjusts by halftime.

It was going to be tough to beat Seattle anyways, now it is going to take a perfect game by the defense and some craftiness on offense.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Honestly, not trying to be negative but, chances are we fall behind early and get few opportunities to rush the qb as they rely on their run game. id say 3 times
I see the same. I see a lot of homerism and any given Sunday anything can happen but let's be real, we have Kellen Clemens as our QB. More 3 and outs and we got down quickly and our d line wont be able to do crap outside of stopping Beast Mode on a huge dosage. If Kellen Clemons turns into Warner the rest of this season I'm going to go bobbing for Turds in my toilet for talking shit!