So...what Qb You Want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Tajh Boyd, when Sammy Watkins was making the big plays Boyd is always hitting him in stride making Watkins speed even more dangerous! :sly:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Mettenberger would come in knowing our schemes pretty well with learning the Coryell from Cam Cameron at LSU, which is a plus. He also has the big strong arm, and could develop nicely.

I also like Garoppolo in round 4 or so.

RFIP

I'm ok with either Murray or Mettenberg in mid rounds however I rather that take a healthy Savage later than that. The kid is flying under the radar but has an NFL arm, is accurate, moves well and was very productive at Pitt. He does tend to throw in to traffic a little more than I like but you can't have everything.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
A.J. McCarron or Aaron Murray.
This

I think we can get Murray in the fourth round because of his injury. Chances are we won't really need him this year anyway. He can sit on the bench and learn and eventually become our #2.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't see any of the guys in this year's draft being any better developmental guys than in next year's or any other year's draft. You spend a pick on a guy 3rd round or later, it's just blind luck if he turns into anything. For that reason, I don't really care about the Rams developing a guy. I don't think a third or later is ever really going to develop and as young as Bradford is, I don't want them to waste resources in that way. Sign a vet who can come in and keep the team rolling. Clemens has his limitations but isn't the worst alternative. I'd actually like them to sign Sanchez. He'll be cheap, knows the system and is an upgrade over Clemens.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO the Rams need a QB that has the ability to run they don't have that with Bradford and it would be nice for other teams to worry about a Ram QB that could take off and move the chains. Also I would like someone who like Sam has it from the neck up and has had quite a bit of experience at a major college program.

All things point to Tajh Boyd IMO. The only knock on Boyd is that he's 6-1, however, very good arm can make all the throws was in a sophiscated offense (maybe he could help Schotty) under Chad Morris at Clemson and most likely would be available in round three or maybe four where the Rams would be going.

So besides my man crush on Blake Bortes who will end up being something special IMO I would be pleased if the Rams went with Boyd and if the Rams end up with Sammy Watkins they can say they came away impressed with Boyd when they were scouting Sammy!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Connor Shaw. If you lose your starting QB you're screwed, I'd rather take a chance on an UDFA.

As a SC student, I'd rather Shaw not be our backup QB.

A couple names I like are Brett Smith and David Fales.

Jimmy Garoppolo is intriguing based on what I've read but I haven't seen him play.

NorCalRamFan

Jimmy Garoppolo looked pretty good in the East/West game today.
9/14 for 100 yards, 1 TD no INTs.
I've been watching what little film there is on him the last few days and I like what I see.
He could be a real sleeper/steal pick in the 3rd or 4th, but might start climbing the charts after the PJ Party.