So, what position will be our pick at #37?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm thinking BPA but that may well be a WR

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Just looked at Reuters and SI and found it interesting they had the Rams selecting the same guy albeit they most likely copy and paste so that might be true too, but this is who both of them had the Rams taking at 37.

HARLES HARRIS
DE/OLB, MISSOURI

Now what I will never forget about the gutless milquetoast Linehan back in 2006 is he really liked Jay Cutler and wanted to draft him, but was talked out of it by Jim Haslett (pretty much ran Linehan) and the Rams traded down and selected one of the worse Corner Backs I ever saw play in Tye Hill. So how will the McVay era begin with offense or defense?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks try to find an ideal draft situation for the Los Angeles Rams. They go with WR Zay Jones at #37 and OC Ethan Pocic at #69.

Watch Rams Perfect Draft Pairings

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think its between WR, TE, OL. I suppose I could see CB but I'm thinking that McV's first ever draft pick is going to be on offense.
Logically I think your right, But I wouldn't be surprised IF they picked a LB either!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If any of the the top tier WR's fall like a Ross or Williams past #36. A OL'er Forrest Lamp or even a Garett Bolles would be a great selection.But I have concerns @ OSLB'er & a Takkarist McKinley or the solid Charles Harris would be nice to start @ right OSLB'er for the unhealthy damaged Quinn.

Then with the #69 you would go after one of those outside (NOT Nickle) CB's

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
WR or TE

Offensive lineman next priority.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Has to be WR TE CB, even considering DE, not sold the 3rd starter. Do not see any way the rams use there first 2 or even 3 picks on a C. Coming off a 4-12 season, need playmakers to get the team to .500, C is not a playmaker or TD scorer.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Best value between WR/TE/CB/3-4 rush LB.

I truly hope that value lines up at WR, or TE. If we can pull a gem there, I'd be happy. I do understand that we need LB's and CB's to fit our system though. 2nd pick, and on we also need a Center, and a FS appears to be a need, so I would assume we go for best value at all the positions mentioned.

To close, Snead will have to work his UDFA magic, to fill needs, and add depth.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
IMHO, at 37, it has to be a player that is going to really help Goff. Improving the worst offense in the NFL HAS to be the number 1 priority, and that has to be an impact player on offense. An impact receiver should be the pick. The team has many needs, but the most important need this year is on offense. We can't get everything we need in one offseason, but improving the offense will help the defense, so for me it's WR.

MauiRam

Rookie
Has to be WR TE CB, even considering DE, not sold the 3rd starter. Do not see any way the rams use there first 2 or even 3 picks on a C. Coming off a 4-12 season, need playmakers to get the team to .500, C is not a playmaker or TD scorer.
Centers can't make plays? Everything on O begins with the O-line. Collectively if those 5 aren't making plays, the so called "skill" players aren't going to fare well. Hence 4-12. Receivers are not going to do well if Goff is on his back or simply running for his life. That said, it would be counterproductive to draft a center in round 2 or 3 who is in reality a ranked as a 4th rounder or or lower. We gave up the farm for Goff, so it is what it is - no plethora of picks this year.

My view being our #1 priority should be to dramatically upgrade our O-line - if we are unable to do so, then I wouldn't expect our record to improve much if at all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There is always moving up. Should Lamp fall some maybe trader Les moves up some to get him. Just throwing that out there. Seem like Les and the Rams are always focusing on the next move with the first move. With the supposed depth and value at CB and some need at WR the Rams could be picking based on which combo they can get at these positions. So I'm thinking WR or CB. I would not count out a JT Watt or others if if they have them rated higher by a decent margin.

If that move up means they get a guy they are sure is going to fit and play well right out the gate then I'm fine with it.

But I do think they need to be careful with their pick volume this year and next. I would have to be insanely in love with a prospect to move up given this year's draft and the roster holes. Trade down makes a lot more sense, as competition for roster spots will be a premium under a new regime.