So what do you make of this comment by Snead?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Per Jim Thomas' Chat:

xcGjfKG.png

So does that mean they're not looking for another big, developmental wide receiver in this draft?
Could they be looking for a smaller, slash-like receiver instead? Not looking for a receiver at all?
Whatchu think?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Probably, but I could be something else. An OLB, S, Lineman, who knows. I'd be a bit shocked if they grabbed another receiver who was a prospect type, but who knows.

I had a dream last that we drafted Austin though... And two (yes two) RB in the first round. Drafted a RB (don't remember the name) then Austin, and then traded back in and got another RB.... So what does that mean??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
Probably, but I could be something else. An OLB, S, Lineman, who knows. I'd be a bit shocked if they grabbed another receiver who was a prospect type, but who knows.

I had a dream last that we drafted Austin though... And two (yes two) RB in the first round. Drafted a RB (don't remember the name) then Austin, and then traded back in and got another RB.... So what does that mean??
I haven't done dream interpretations for quite some time, but I think it means you're gay.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:

I haven't done dream interpretations for quite some time, but I think it means you're gay.

That would explain the crab.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A lot of draft guys compare Da'Rick to Quick. I believe that Snead has no interest in him. Does that mean that he wants to draft Austin, well, I believe Snead thinks in terms of prototypes that will fit in their system, so if they don't sign Danny, I think Austin is a very viable option.

wolfman84

Rookie
LUKE MARQUARDT, OT, Azusa Pacific <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/luke-marquardt?id=2539644" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/luk ... id=2539644</a> College Coach none other than JACKIE SLATER.

Just throwing a name out there to stir the pot.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
wolfman84 said:
LUKE MARQUARDT, OT, Azusa Pacific <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/luke-marquardt?id=2539644" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/luk ... id=2539644</a> College Coach none other than JACKIE SLATER.

BOTTOM LINE Marquardt could be the first player drafted from Azusa Pacific since Kansas City selected Christian “The Nigerian Nightmare” Okoye in the second round in 1987. His size and length give him a chance to be a mid-round pick with upside -– if he can take the coaching imparted him by Pro Football Hall of Fame lineman Jackie Slater to handle the step up in competition.

Nyshe. I hadn't heard about the Nigerian Nightmare in quite some time either.
That dude was pretty badass.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
X said:
wolfman84 said:

BOTTOM LINE Marquardt could be the first player drafted from Azusa Pacific since Kansas City selected Christian “The Nigerian Nightmare” Okoye in the second round in 1987. His size and length give him a chance to be a mid-round pick with upside -– if he can take the coaching imparted him by Pro Football Hall of Fame lineman Jackie Slater to handle the step up in competition.

Nyshe. I hadn't heard about the Nigerian Nightmare in quite some time either.
That dude was pretty badass.

Attention to detail...
4a2u8eqe.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Per Jim Thomas' Chat:

xcGjfKG.png

So does that mean they're not looking for another big, developmental wide receiver in this draft?
Could they be looking for a smaller, slash-like receiver instead? Not looking for a receiver at all?
Whatchu think?
What it means is that they're wanting impact players with their early picks. With all the picks they had last year, they could afford one or 2 projects. This year, not so much.

Unless they parley one of those 1st rounders into additional picks, they want starters, playmakers on offense for Week 1. I don't think we'll see early picks on defense. Not with a deep draft in safeties, and the top OLBs more suited to 3-4 or the inside.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
bluecoconuts said:

It means you been smokin' that shit agin. :omg:

Really ,I think Snead is not going to tip much you can count on, he's weighing options, and our priorities in the draft will depend upon if we can fill voids through FA.
If we were to suddenly become a player for Mike Wallace, who our coaches have seen up close and personal,our whole Tavon ,Corduroy,yada yada stuff would be moot.
We are close,evidence our record in the arguably toughest division in the NFC,
this draft plus two FA's could put us in the playoffs.
I think we get a safety first round and a guard and sign a FA rec. and re-sign Gibby or DA let Smith walk and take a flier on another speedy smaller guy second day. Maybe a RB or tackle second round if SJ leaves or third if we go tackle in the second.
What I am currently thinking about ALL our drafting thus far is this,40 times don't lie, bench press doesn't either,everyone drafts athletic ability, is it possible that some of our past draft choices could have turned out better if they had been coached by these guys?