So what do we do with Tre Mason now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Just a question. With Todd taking over carries and Benny as our 3rd down and receiving back, should we trade Mason? I like him and think he's a good runner, but I just don't see where he fits into the offense except to back up Todd. Thoughts?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gurley has a history of getting dinged up. Tre needs to stay right where he is.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly I would like to see Tre take over on 3rd downs

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine Gurley, Tre and Austin in the back field at the same time

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let's let Gurley abuse the other team for 3 qtrs, then bring out a fresh, hungry and pissed off Tre.

jap

Legend
Gurley has a history of getting dinged up. Tre needs to stay right where he is.

Exactly! We don't want a huge drop off in effectiveness if TGII gets nicked up. Plus, the Gurley Express! may require some pit stops after some of the long runs he's going to get.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Play him. It's not like he isn't another weapon on offense.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Honestly I would like to see Tre take over on 3rd downs
I like that idea. I know Bam Bam is our between the tackles guy, but Mason has proven he can go up the gut or outside if need be. He's more of a matchup nightmare in the flat too IMO.
Call Fish up and tell him what we decided.

DenverRam

Starter
he is the 1-2 punch. Keep him and gurley. why not. Our WR core is still lacking and developing.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
There's touches to go around if they get rolling. Think what the Saints used to do with Ingram/Thomas/Sproles

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Category 5 Hurricane and F5 Tornado.

THAT'S how you distribute the damage.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Trade Tre?? Whoa, pardner! Tre Mason will prove invaluable if anything happens to Gurley. We NEED a valid rushing attack for Cig's offense to click.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like that idea. I know Bam Bam is our between the tackles guy, but Mason has proven he can go up the gut or outside if need be. He's more of a matchup nightmare in the flat too IMO.
Call Fish up and tell him what we decided.
Yeah he is just more explosive love Benny but we need the best out there every down

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty much what I expected in terms of response. I like Tre as much as the next guy. I just don't want him to be the forgotten man. And our offense tends to do a poor job distributing the ball around. I'd like to see him rip off a few long TDs this year and I think he can. Just worried he won't get on the field.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Pretty much what I expected in terms of response. I like Tre as much as the next guy. I just don't want him to be the forgotten man. And our offense tends to do a poor job distributing the ball around. I'd like to see him rip off a few long TDs this year and I think he can. Just worried he won't get on the field.
He may end up in some split-back formations with Gurley. Thunder and lightning... or thunderous lightning and lightning.

Stel

Starter
Good to have two starting quality backs. You're always one play away from having only one.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Screens of every kind to Tre' Mason and you just saved 80 yards of tread on Gurley's tires. A FRESH Tre' Mason is UNFREAKEN believable. Green Bay has Eddie Lacy on a bad wheel . Eddie is the last REAL SEC success story from the National Champs in Bama . Then Everyone thought Ingram (Saints) was next then Trent Richardson was the 3RD Bama RB Now we see Fournette and Chub and Henry in LSU, Georgia and Bama and OSU has a bad boy too that ran to a National Title last year. Fournette is thinking of just sitting out Football next season as he (If not hurt will win the Heisman) going away. because he has not had enough years of CFB to satisfy the NFL. Does not want to risk injury like the South Carolina DE almost did and has not yet panned out for the Texans (Clowney).We will see how that goes. Herschel Walker even said Fournette was better than He was in High School. I'm just so glad we got a Todd Gurley with a Walker type attitude. NO INJURIES!!! GET WELL AO.!!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do the Rams do with Tre Mason?

Play him. Gurley can't run every down.

If in the offseason the Rams get a fantastic offer, then maybe they move him, though I doubt the Rams get an offer that's more than what Mason is worth to the Rams, as a player and as insurance.