So, what did you observe last night?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been quiet on the Rams all offseason since the Bradford trade (even my dad has been asking why j haven't been boasting about my boys this year like I have in the past). After seeing the guys in action for the first time last night, I'm rather optimistic. Some things I noticed

Offense:
nick foles- I just liked what he did. He looked poised and made some tough throws. My favorite thing from him was the throw to cook. It was incomplete, but he took a shot on his big and strong receiver! Rams fans haven't seen a legitimate 50/50 ball caught in quite a while. Cook almost came down with it.
We will see some turnovers from foles though. That's the give and take of a risk taking QB. more completed balls down field and more turnovers.

The offensive line- other than the two sacks, I loved what they did as a unit. Third and one? Pushed for a first on different occasions. Foles also had a decent pocket most of his two series. As soon as saffold went out the unit collapsed on the left though. Depth is a serious issue, especially with his history. Robinson was beaten badly by Mack on one play but that second pressure is being wrongly scrutinized to me. Mack got push but Robinson did eventually pancake him but the guard let his man blow by.

Defense: mehhhhh. We know the defense is really vanilla in preseason so that's not an issue. Cooper was beating Jenkins like a drum though and Would've scored a td on Johnson if not for a miscommunication with cooper and Carr. Again, I'll assume it was because of the vanilla scheme to start preseason. No pash rush and no real effort to stop the run. Hopefully he defense isn't "reading the paper clippings" as Bruce Arians would say.

What did you all notice from last night?

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Quick observations after watching the game this morning:

We didn't see much of the first team offense to draw any conclusions. This one turned into a preseason game fast.

Foles was okay. I mean, two series hardly gives a chance to say much positive or negative.

Additionally, the starting offensive line barely made a cameo. Havenstein and Brown were out of the game after the first two series.

Seeing Saffold favouring his shoulder was disappointing.

Tavon in an untapped piece of the offense that could make this offense look a lot different in 2015. We got a taste tonight.

Trumaine Johnson had a nice game, despite his penalty.

Anyone else notice Trovon Reed? Played scrappy out there and had a nice tackle despite being wrapped by another player.

The penalties wouldn't bother me, except it felt all too familiar.

There were several times during the game where it looked obvious the team wasn't playing at anywhere close to real game speed.

The defense wasn't scheming - at all. The Raiders were tossing screens and quick hits all night as our corners played off.

Mannion looks the part.

Keenum will be serviceable, but isn't going to wow anyone.

Davis did a hell of job holding onto the ball on that blindside hit.

On that blindside hit; Battle was beaten badly. He looked ok after that, from what I could see.

Imoan Claiborne flashed out there. He left injured too. Hope it's nothing major.

Pead looked 100%. Didn't get many chances. Seemed a little upset to get taken out of the game.

Watts looked good, but for whatever reason he doesn't excite me much.

Givens broke open what would have been a TD bomb, had Keenum seen him.

I don't care for Mason's blonde dreads.

Long, Quick, and Gurley all sat out. That's 3 starters and a big part of our team down the road.

Ram Pat

Rookie
Barnes started at center ( every post I read thinks Jones did...did they watch game?) Raiders won LOS play at every level, Foles held ball forever. I hate to be negative already, but overall talent level just disappoints. Carr has that team confident, Hudson a stud.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quick observations after watching the game this morning:

We didn't see much of the first team offense to draw any conclusions. This one turned into a preseason game fast.

Foles was okay. I mean, two series hardly gives a chance to say much positive or negative.

Additionally, the starting offensive line barely made a cameo. Havenstein and Brown were out of the game after the first two series.

Seeing Saffold favouring his shoulder was disappointing.

Tavon in an untapped piece of the offense that could make this offense look a lot different in 2015. We got a taste tonight.

Trumaine Johnson had a nice game, despite his penalty.

Anyone else notice Trovon Reed? Played scrappy out there and had a nice tackle despite being wrapped by another player.

The penalties wouldn't bother me, except it felt all too familiar.

There were several times during the game where it looked obvious the team wasn't playing at anywhere close to real game speed.

The defense wasn't scheming - at all. The Raiders were tossing screens and quick hits all night as our corners played off.

Mannion looks the part.

Keenum will be serviceable, but isn't going to wow anyone.

Davis did a hell of job holding onto the ball on that blindside hit.

On that blindside hit; Battle was beaten badly. He looked ok after that, from what I could see.

Imoan Claiborne flashed out there. He left injured too. Hope it's nothing major.

Pead looked 100%. Didn't get many chances. Seemed a little upset to get taken out of the game.

Watts looked good, but for whatever reason he doesn't excite me much.

Givens broke open what would have been a TD bomb, had Keenum seen him.

I don't care for Mason's blonde dreads.

Long, Quick, and Gurley all sat out. That's 3 starters and a big part of our team down the road.
Pead looks much bigger too. Feel bad for givens. A guy who only gets open deep and I feel he's always being missed open down field

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Penalties, many many penalties.

Foles holds the ball too long.
I think foles was just fine. He only dropped by 7 times. 3 completions, 2 incompletions, one sack. Those penalties though man

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I think foles was just fine. He only dropped by 7 times. 3 completions, 2 incompletions, one sack. Those penalties though man

He was also sacked a second time, but it was cancelled out by off-setting penalties if I remember correctly.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barnes started at center ( every post I read thinks Jones did...did they watch game?) Raiders won LOS play at every level, Foles held ball forever. I hate to be negative already, but overall talent level just disappoints. Carr has that team confident, Hudson a stud.

Have the game taped. Have not watched yet. But it sounds like preseason too me. If you hate to be negative then don't be. Surely we did some things right.

rams2050

Starter
I dislike Mason's blond dreads, as well. Looked better -- and more menacing (for a football player) -- with black 'dreads. Liked that look.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was also sacked a second time, but it was cancelled out by off-setting penalties if I remember correctly.
Dunno why I said one lol I even added up to six instead of seven. But the last sack was a blown coverage. It had no chance.

fearsomefour

Legend
And, Hopefully, the Refs will call them ONCE in awhile!!!
When I turned the game off the Raiders had two penalties and the Rams had 8 I think....are we going to start this already....the refs are against us and wanted the Raiders to win??

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I dislike Mason's blond dreads, as well. Looked better -- and more menacing (for a football player) -- with black 'dreads. Liked that look.

Maybe he's trying to scare you Matrix 2 style

image.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Jones disappointed greatly. He was routinely beaten be second tier D lineman in the run game. Rhaney is the C to me. We will see as things progress.
The Raiders played their starting O line well into the second quarter.
I love Derek Carr. As they collect weapons he is going to be a force. The Raiders O may surprise some people this year. Ray Ray starting at LB for them.
I was glad to see Pead out there, I think he sticks. Gives the Rams a pretty versatile and deep group of RBs.
The O line is a mess, but, that is to be expected.
Austin is just electric if he can get a step or a seem.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Watching the game on dvr with multiple rewinds. Things I noticed in no particular order so far. (Only at halftime.)

Andrew Donald looks like shit at RT.

Robinson struggled heavily starting at LT. Washington at guard looked even worse.

Keenum looked like he was playing scared. I was not impressed.

The starting right side of the oline looked solid.

Givens showing improvement as well as Pead.

Foles had a solid enough showing.

G Williams was only interested in rushing the passer and not playing the run.

Laurinitus (not even going to try to correct that now. It's too early.) was constantly barking orders to a defense that clearly did not know what was going on.

Overall it's looking like a preseason game and I'm wholly enjoying it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Austin can burn. Period. Get him the ball.
Foles looked pretty darn comfy to me for having only played 2 weeks of practice in this offense.
Bailey should be used more. He runs great routes and catches everything. Kinda what you want in a WR, yes?
GRob may want to put on a few lbs. Mack walked him like a blocking sled into the backfield on that one play. That was a bit disturbing.
Pead looks good. No signs of favoring that knee. Give him more looks.
Mannion has a live arm.
Defense was awful. Hoping it was just scheme (or lack thereof). They looked soft up the middle to me.